Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 09-30-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
fitsexyguy
Distinguished Member

Default Too many "spammy" accounts

I've noticed there seem to be lots of people who are not exactly brand new to the site any more and they have very low or many no posts at all, they also have no information in them, no profile pics nothing. The number of accounts seems to be increasing too.

Obviously new people need to get settled in but should there maybe be a rule to get rid of accounts that have no information on them with one or two posts in the s/m forum? I've clicked on accounts that are online to find this exact situation they have been members for months and after looking through their stats all they have is one maybe two posts.

Is it just me that feels this way or do others agree there needs to be some notice when you sign up that that won't be tolerated and step up the rules a bit? That's just my opinion, not saying it's right just want to see how everyone else feels about it!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
The Evil Porlo
Distinguished Member

I do agree in a way but some people just sign up to get slaves or masters. If you look at the posts its all S/M based and when they realise no one is going to reply, they leave but will come back in a few months to see if they got any replies.

1. Your boss is always yelling, "I wanna see your ass in here by 8:00!"
2. "I'd love to chip in, but I left my wallet in my pants."
3. You want to see if it's like the dream.
4. People stop stealing your pens after they've seen where you keep them.
5. Diverts attention from the fact that you also came to work drunk.
6. Gives "bad hair day" a whole new meaning.
7. No one steals your chair.

Stories posted by me:

Snapchat - MySlaveBoys
KIK - TommyPDaddy

www . into dare . com / chats
The Evil Porlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
Hollyann
Distinguished Member

I've noticed this to and was thinking of starting a thread like this but I did not know what to call it

Add me on kik hollynn1213

Looking for a female slave

Likes- nipple torture, humiliation, insertions, anal, semi public, risk of getting caught, pain.
Dislikes (or maybe what I really like the most) big insertions, a lot of pain, high chance of getting caught.
Limits- family, friends, blatant public, too much pain, to large insertion, pics (unless we're friends).
Hollyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:42 AM   #4
softeyes
Account Banned

Rainbow

There's already been a discussion about banning, as there will no deleting, inactive accounts, and it's not leading anywhere, there won't be a "closing" of inactive accounts.

That being said, these accounts you are referring to aren't "spamming" if they aren't posting anything. It also could be they are only using the chat, or just only PM'ing people. Maybe they just enjoy reading the forum without getting involved.

Why should they have their accounts banned?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A vampire, it's like a walrus, but awesome.
I am NOT a fairy | I'm a kitty, yo |
softeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:09 AM   #5
newninja
getDare Sweetheart

I agree with softeyes, if they are not clogging up the site with meaningless posts, I see no reason to get rid of their accounts. I would rather have someone who takes the time to browse through the site and make a couple of decent posts than people who post a two line thread on their first day.
newninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #6
depp
SysOp

A lot of people like to lurk. Unless people are making crappy posts (and I don't see an increase in this) I'm not too concerned.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
fitsexyguy
Distinguished Member

Okay, there is a reason why I put "spammy" in brackets because I didn't know quite what to call it. That's fair enough, I just find it odd that people who have been here for a long time have no info on their profile, no picture, no posts, etc. If they are using chat, if I get a message I look at if they have any posts because someone who doesn't post or have anything on their profile just doesn't seem very genuine!
Old 10-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
Myrrh

Would you consider me a spammy member?
I get nervous when posting. "Is my response valid? Am i just making small talk? Will any one even pay attention"

Them kind of things come into my head, and then i just don't post. Because of this, it can take me years to even get a post count over 20, sometimes.
If people just want to browse, or don't like to post much, its not right to just delete them.

Its the members who clog up the forums with useless adverts or just annoy people that should be banned. Or members who havent logged in for perhaps 3-4 years...

Well; thats just my oppinion, anyway.
Myrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #9
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Unless they break the rules or ask for their account to be banned, I don't feel it is right to ban accounts. Many users (Robbo/Rob comes to mind) may go away for several years only to reappear later as someone who posts. It really doesn't clog up anything, and it is something they did not ask for, therefore, it really isn't something we should be messing with

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:48 AM   #10
fitsexyguy
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
I get nervous when posting. "Is my response valid? Am i just making small talk? Will any one even pay attention"

Them kind of things come into my head, and then i just don't post. Because of this, it can take me years to even get a post count over 20, sometimes.
If people just want to browse, or don't like to post much, its not right to just delete them.

Its the members who clog up the forums with useless adverts or just annoy people that should be banned. Or members who havent logged in for perhaps 3-4 years...

No, your account isn't spammy, you can see that you've actually been active and stuff like there are posts on your wall, you have some posts, customised your profile, have a picture etc.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #11
fitsexyguy
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Unless they break the rules or ask for their account to be banned, I don't feel it is right to ban accounts. Many users (Robbo/Rob comes to mind) may go away for several years only to reappear later as someone who posts. It really doesn't clog up anything, and it is something they did not ask for, therefore, it really isn't something we should be messing with
Okay fair enough, that makes sense.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #12
PKdrummer

Going along, with what alot of people said; shy, jsut want to read not get involved, private message, or chat......I feel that also maybe its just me, but people also have busy lives and the only time they have is to log in like once a month
PKdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #13
Twisted Kitten
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKdrummer View Post
Going along, with what alot of people said; shy, jsut want to read not get involved, private message, or chat......I feel that also maybe its just me, but people also have busy lives and the only time they have is to log in like once a month
I have to say that I fully agree with PKdrummer. I'm in somewhat of the same position as what he's described. I tend to lead a busy life, and hence, only have time to get online every once in a while. however, there are times when I do get online for hours on end, days in a row, but I don't necesarily allways want to post. there are times when people just want to "lurk."

on a side note, seeing as i've been a member since 2010, I should theoretically have alot more than just 77 posts, right? well, I like to make dares more than give them, or even respond to them.so hence forth, I tend to be alot slower on the posting. I feel like there is a good amount of users who will read over a dare, might do it, but only a small percentage of them respond on the thread. (excluding all person above dares and other like threads.)

anyhow, point being, I do not believe that users like the ones your describing should be banned, just because there "inactive" or don't make many posts for the time they've been a user.
Last orgasm:08/06/23 (from getting face fucked and swallowing)
Likes/Limits/Dislikes
kik: obvious_Ocelot
Twisted Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
theone
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post

I agree with you there is no reason to ban anyone just because they have a low post count.

Also, I would certainly not consider you to be a spammy member in any way. Your post makes perfect sense and you have obviously considered what you want to say before you posted. This is a lot more than some members do on this site, and it is a credit to yourself that you have bothered to make a quality post.

I hope you will feel welcome to make more posts, because I think you just lack a bit of confidence. There is certainly nothing wrong with what you post and we need more sensible and positive comments like yours here.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals
interpreted by your brain. Morpheus (The Matrix).

Will Try: Tea
Limits: Will not eat baby food.

Last edited by theone; 04-12-2012 at 10:26 AM.
theone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #15
depp
SysOp

As a shy lurker myself I can assure everyone that we have no intention of ever removing accounts that don't post.