Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Depp's Blog of Doom

Enjoy my blog. I'll try and post stuff and update things from time to time.
Rate this Entry

Damn you Google Chrome!

Posted 07-28-2009 at 12:30 PM by depp

I'm developing some new sites and have been having a hell of a time with Google Chrome. I expect trouble from IE, but Chrome?

Every major browser now supports @font-face. Not Chrome. Interestingly Safari, a browser based on the same engine, has done this for quite a while now. Even IE has supported @font-face since IE6! It's been supported in the Chrome betas since January but after 6-7 months it is still nowhere to be seen.

I've also run into a Chrome bug that randomly makes text on the page italic. The only fix is to open the font, preview it, and then restart Chrome. I'm a little disappointed in Chrome as of late.

I've been using Chromium instead of Opera now for a while on my Linux box because it is so freaking fast. I expect bugs and problems in Chromium but I've been nothing but disappointed with the supposedly polished Chrome. For a product not advertised as beta I am surprised at the number of bugs I encounter on a regular basis.
Views 2793 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I thought Chrome was in beta? Oh wait, never mind. Odd, I thought it would be a never-ending beta just like GMail.
  2. Old Comment
    ooo didnt understand most of that but i think that your saying your having problems with google chrome. so Dammit. hope you can fix them