Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.

How I met my husband and How I came to own Jaroface

Posted 03-15-2018 at 03:40 PM by Butterfly

I created a truth thread today that asks questions about the person who posted above you. Since I posted, naturally the first response was about me. Diapered_prince mentioned that he would like to know how I met my husband and how I came to own Jaroface. So I decided to put it in a blog for you all to read.

How I met my husband
Mr. Devious and I met right here on getDare.

In the spring of 2014 I was very unhappy. I was engaged to a man, we will call him W, who I didn't love anymore. I had expressed my feelings to him about work that needed to be done in our relationship and he would constantly tell me he was overreacting. It has been a year since I had been happy and we had just started to sleep in seperate beds.

I have known I was into BDSM and other kinks since I was 16, and I had explored those a little on my own prior to meeting W. However, I had put that all aside when him and I started to date. However, a few months prior, I was playing truth or dare with an online friend, and I happened across getDare. I lurked for a few months, getting turned on by some of the dares and reports. I finally decided to create an account to respond to an ad.

I had a 3 week relationship with a Dom from the UK and it awoke my submissive side. There is no way I could put it back to sleep. However, I took a little bit of a break from responding to ads. On June 19, 2014, I was home sick from work, and decided to create my own ad. I took a lot of time writing it out in detail and making sure to be upfront about everything, including the fact that I was engaged. One of the first responses I received was from Mr. Devious.

It just so happened that Mr. Devious was not at work that morning. If he had been, he would not have responded in time, because I quickly became overwhelmed with responses. Over 40 by the end of the day, if I recall. But he did, and I responded to him right away.

We moved to email pretty quickly as it was easier for the both of us. Before the end of the week, we knew pretty much everything about each other. He was still under the impression that I was happily engaged, but that I was searching for a D/s relationship to satisfy my craving for submission. I knew that he had a lot of personal stuff going on that prevented him from wanting/being able to have a personal relationship at this time. It was the perfect arrangement. On June 26, 2014 we became officially a D/s couple.

However, it didn't take long for us both to realize that we were developing feelings for each other. It also came out that my "happy" engagement really wasn't all that happy and that I was having thoughts of leaving. As well, I could tell that Mr. Devious was lonely and sad. So on July 25, we admitted that we loved each other. It wasn't long after that, that we decided we needed to meet in person.

I booked a flight and hotels and I flew to see him for the first time in September 2014. If you are interested in reading how that trip went, please feel free to look back in my old blogs, as we wrote very detailed accounts about each time we spent in person.

The rest, as they say, is history!!!

How I came to own Jaroface
On November 5, 2016, I was sitting in the car outside of a "boy" store (it is like a hardware/automotive store). I didn't want to go in, so Mr. Devious went in alone to buy his dad birthday gift. While he was inside, I was browsing the blog section of getDare.

I came across a blog that had been written by Jaroface. It was about things that he was curious to try as a sub. I started to snoop on his profile a bit and read other postings and blogs of his. It looked like he could use some guidance from somebody who was more experienced, but he wasn't really looking for anything long term. It sounded perfect for me!

I don't really consider myself a Domme full time. And when I do Domme, I have very particular interests. I don't like sissification or cross-dressing. I am not a fan of CBT. I don't really do a lot of degradation. Things that a lot of male subs are into. But none of these things were really listed in his posts, so I sent him a pm letting him know that I was interested in helping him to explore his submissive side.

That evening he messaged me back, and we continued to talk on Hangouts for a few days. Discussing different things that we both might want to get out of this short term relationship. We talked about potential rules, safewords etc. We talked A LOT and in great detail. Finally on November 14, Jaro and I started our trial.

Things were a bit rocky at first. Jaro was unsure if submission was really for him and he actually wanted to quit a few times. I convinced him to keep trying, and to communicate with me and try to work on the things he wasn't happy with. I helped him to stop freaking out so quickly, and instead to learn to trust me, and to trust himself.

The more we explored, the more we enjoyed things. His likes matched up with mine REALLY well, and our time difference actually worked out perfect as it meant that Jaro's evenings were while I was at work and could talk with him and during my evenings, he was asleep so I could spend time with Mr. Devious.

Somewhere along the line the trial turned into the real thing and although we have had a few periods where we have had to stop for short (and one longer) periods of time, we have been together happily for almost a year a half now.

Our relationship has drastically changed since those early days, but I love where it has gone.

I hope this helps give you some insight into how these relationships have developed.
I am always happy to provide more detail or share more information. Just come find me and ask! Or feel free to ask in the comments.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thanks for the post. Glad it worked out for you and your husband, epically with how that initial thread went.
    It is interesting how a casual message can change the course of another life. especially in our information age.
    Posted 03-15-2018 at 04:26 PM by Diapered_prince Diapered_prince is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Great post! I love reading success stories where people from getDare actually meet, fall in love, or at least "click" with each other. In this case, you have not just one but TWO success stories