Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

I’m a brat … but wait, it’s not what you think!

Posted 02-19-2020 at 01:36 PM by Butterfly

Hello, my name is Butterfly and I am a brat.

*gasp*

Now, before you get your torches and pitchforks, let’s take a minute to let me explain what being a brat means to me.

I have come to realize that brats get a bad reputation. I am not saying that there aren’t those brats out there that live to cause absolute chaos and misery, but I am not one of them. I think a lot of brats are understood.

I guess now is a good time to preface this writing by saying that what I am about to describe is MY views on being a brat. They may not be true for any other brat on this planet, but if nothing else, maybe it will lead you to think twice about having a sour opinion of all brats, as we aren’t all the same.

What makes me a brat?

I will frequently call my D type names: butt nugget, jerk face, Mister rainbow glitter sparkles … the sillier the better. I like to find loopholes in instructions and exploit them. I like to stomp my foot and say “no”. Push buttons, tease, make smart ass comments, leave a trail of glitter in my wake … harmless deeds really.

Why I brat?

I have heard from a lot of people that brats act out because they want attention. I guess this can be true. I don’t brat so that I can I be ignored, that’s for sure, but I also don’t brat to get negative attention. I don’t ever want my Dom to punish me. Sure, being offered a spanking or receiving a consequence for pushing too far can be fun, as long as it is “funishment”.

I like to be silly. I like to make my Dom laugh. I like being a challenge. I like to know that I am worth the effort. I never want to cross the line into being truly disrespectful or overly annoying. I brat to have fun. Life is too serious. I want to laugh and nothing gives me pleasure like hearing my Dom laugh and roll his eyes at me.

Bratting: a defence mechanism

Another reason that I find myself bratting is to protect myself. When I am actively bratty, it is harder for me to sink into a submissive state. For example: I am laying on the bed and my Dom is using a flogger on me. I am bantering back and forth, chatting, telling him he is rude, laughing … he starts to hit harder and I quiet down as he gets into a rhythm. I am focusing on the feeling, the sound, and I feel myself slipping into subspace. If this is a new partner, somebody I am not ready to go there with, the banter starts back up. I squirm, I kick my legs. I protect myself from being vulnerable.

This doesn’t just happen in play, but can happen when we are talking about a subject that makes me uncomfortable. It is my way to deflect and protect.

How to control my brat

My brat is not out of control, at least not most of the time. It can be controlled. For the right person, this can happen instantly, with just one warning using a specific word. For somebody who hasn’t got to that point yet, having a discussion, making me feel safe and comfortable, can up the chances of being able to control my brattyness.

As I said, the goal is never to hurt feelings, upset somebody or push them past their limits. This is supposed to be FUN! So being honest about how my bratting is making you feel is a good way for me to reign it back in, especially if you are somebody who I respect.

However, I do need to warn you. If you are hating on my bratty side, or you are rude to me, or you try to demand that I stop bratting for no other reason than you think you can control me … well I might turn into one of those brats who give us a bad name afterall.

Brat does not equal disobedient

I guess the whole point of this writing is to say that not all brats are equal. We don’t all have the same motives. We don’t all want or need the brat “beaten out of” us. I’d personally rather just ask for a spanking. Having the label of brat doesn’t have to be a badge of shame, I actually am pretty proud of being a brat.

It is most important to note that I can be both a brat AND obedient.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 902 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I am not a brat but I do understand the apeal of it.
    I did try calling you some names in the past. That part is fun!
  2. Old Comment
    Very well written post!

I have a question (forgive me if this is a stupid question). I have never heard the term "funishment" before. Is it like the opposite of a punishment, or what would you describe it as?
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlaveJinxi View Comment
    Very well written post!

I have a question (forgive me if this is a stupid question). I have never heard the term "funishment" before. Is it like the opposite of a punishment, or what would you describe it as?
    Thank you.

Here is a post that I wrote on the subject: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=89762

In short, a "funishment" is like a fun punishment. If you love being spanked and so you act up so that you can get spanked, that is fun for you. You enjoy it.

A lot of the time people who post in the request threads are seeking a "funishment". They want to be "punished" because they apparently did something wrong, but really they want to be given a hard or painful task because that is what they enjoy.