Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Community

Posted 07-20-2014 at 02:15 PM by Butterfly
Updated 01-19-2015 at 09:51 AM by Butterfly

The other day I was overwhelmed with this sense of awe and amazement at this website. It wasn't one particular thing I read, or message I received ... it just kind of came out of the blue, but I realized how at home I felt here at GD and how it really did feel like a community.

It isn't just a website, but it is a group of very like minded people who support one another.

I have been a lurker off and on for over a year now. Every now and then I would come on and take a browse through some of the dares, or read a few blogs. Of course, a few weeks ago I met asslvr during one of my "on" times. Since then, with his encouragement, I have become so much more active.

I have really been enjoying writing my blog, and reading the blogs of all the other wonderful people on GD. To read that I am not alone in my experiences and feelings is very validating. I hope I am not overwhelming everybody with all of my blog posts, but I feel like I have so much to say, and finally a place to say it.

I feel like my life has completely changed in 3 short weeks (which really feels like months).

The amount of people who have taken notice of asslvr and I ... the amount of encouraging words we have received and advice that has been given regarding my training .. I know I can speak for both of us when I say we are incredibly grateful.

I know asslvr has been around and active longer than I have, but I feel like I have just been welcomed with open arms. Every time I post a blog, and I see the comments being made, and they are all positive. I am still shocked every time. I love reading each and every one.

However, I still do feel a bit intimidated with approaching people. I admire so many of you. I guess I fear I may be overstepping, but I also really fear rejection. It took me a little while, but with the encouragement of my Sir, I started to befriend a few of you who have really made an impression on me in my short time here. I would love to get to know a lot of you more.

I didn't realize the power of this community. I am so glad that I am starting to feel a part of it. I am not open about my kinks in my every day life, as I know a lot of you aren't. It is amazing to talk with somebody and be able to talk about everything without fear of being judged. I hope that I get the opportunity to speak with a few of you. Whether it is just about our experiences in d/s relationships, or everything. I like to think that I am mostly an open book, over time of course.

I have already met some people on here who I hope to have an everlasting relationships with. And I am so grateful for you, you both know who you are.

Now I am rambling ...

So I will conclude with this:

Thank you GD community. You are all amazing! <3
Views 968 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    getDare is amazing!!! I am so glad you are here, it has been wonderful to read about your journey for sure!
  2. Old Comment
    Overwhelming us with blog posts? I do not think that is possible. I demand more of the awesome blog posts. Pleeeeeeeeaaasse.

I <3 blog posts.

But, yes, there is a pretty awesome community here. I don't even play here anymore, to be honest. I come to brag about awesome things that happen to me, see what awesome things everyone else is up to, get awesome ideas, and talk over issues circling in my brain.

Anyhow, please carry on with your awesome self.
  3. Old Comment
    I am in complete agreement with Happyme127 and kittenlyss I'm very glad you've found a place in the community, and I know exactly what you mean about finding out that you aren't alone with your thoughts and experiences. We are all happy you are here and posting such lovely blogs!
    Posted 07-20-2014 at 05:17 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  4. Old Comment
    I've really enjoyed your blog posts so far - definitely keep writing them. And I was honoured to get your friend request too - thank-you.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention before, but the blog section here has much improved with people like yourself contributing regularly. I know I log in more often to check for new blog posts than anything else.
  5. Old Comment
    You are so sweet! I love your personality from what I have seen on the blogs. I hope to get the chance to get to know you!
  6. Old Comment
    The community here truly is amazing, and I'm glad you've been able to connect with a few members! I hope the longer you stay, the more you come to love it!
  7. Old Comment
    I am so glad fate let me find you, from our first pm to our first coversation to our first voice chat, I have known your someone special. Faith and confidence is all you need to become the exceptional person I know you are, and the person i know you want to be. In a little over 3 weeks I have seen you grow so much already, there are so many little things...

I am so happy you have found your writing and blog to be so fulfilling, and in my (slightly bias) opinion everything you write is amazing
  8. Old Comment
    I've been reading your blogs with great pleasure! You seem like a really great girl and I'm happy you found your way to this site! I love getDare as well, and people like you and your Dom are what makes this such a fun place. Don't be intimidated, reach out and contact people! You wouldn't believe the nice friends you'll make if you do.
  9. Old Comment
    Thank you everybody. Due to recent personal circumstances, I am only going to be posting my blog for friends only to see (hopefully for a short time). If there is anybody who I missed who you know liked to read my posts, please let them know they can add me as a friend. I am not too scary and will accept most

@Kittenlyss - As long as people are enjoying my blog posts, I will continue to post them for everybody. Thank you for reading, and I love coming on and reading your comments and posts as well. You entertain me!

@Madl - I find that when I log on, I spend most of my time in the blog section, reading and commenting on other peoples blogs.

@Asslvr - I think it is more than a slight bias, but I thank you all the same. I have only been able to grow this much because of your love and support. You make me brave and strong and as close to fearless as I have ever been.

@Drwarschauu - First of all, you will have to tell me how to pronounce your name some day. (Asslvr and I refer to you and Dr.). Most importantly, thank you. I have been doing my best to reach out more and stop being intimidated.