Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Depp's Blog of Doom

Enjoy my blog. I'll try and post stuff and update things from time to time.
Personal life Stuff about my life
Old

Introducing... The Gender Guesser!

Posted 05-13-2009 at 08:39 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)
Updated 05-13-2009 at 08:44 PM by depp

This website has a cool algorithm that was the result of a university research project whose goal was to evaluate the gender of an author. It's not 100% accurate but with larger amounts of text it gets scary close most of the time.

Quote:
In 2003, a team of researchers from the Illinois Institute of Technology and Bar-Ilan University in Israel (Shlomo Argamon, Moshe Koppel, Jonathan Fine, and Anat Rachel Shimoni) developed a method to estimate gender from word usage. Their paper described a Bayesian
SysOp
Old

Pretty good sure as you're born

Posted 04-20-2009 at 07:59 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

I've been giggeling with glee since hearing that Daft Punk will be doing the music for Tron 2.0. It's just a long time until 2011

Quote:
French electronica duo Daft Punk has been signed to write the original music score for Tron 2.0, Walt Disney's upcoming sequel to the groundbreaking 1982 animation cult hit which was scored by electronic music icon Wendy Carlos.
(source)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1084352813_4d6f7530f4.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	41  
SysOp
Old

Say it... say it... DOLLHOUSE!

Posted 04-07-2009 at 03:18 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

Any fans or believers in The Dollhouse here on getDare?

Rumor is Fox is leaning towards a second season.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please !

If you have no idea what I am talking about this linky is your new best friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dollhouse_Cast.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	33  
SysOp
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Gadgets, depression, getDare

Posted 07-05-2008 at 01:58 AM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

It's been a long time since I wrote a blog on here so I have decided to write some of my thoughts down.

Finished both my summer school classes on Wednesday and came home feeling dead. The last two weeks of school work consisted of me writing countless papers and not sleeping. I felt so terrible and stressed coming back from my finals that when I lay down to get some much needed rest I worried I would die if I fell asleep. I felt that stressed and messed up.

Well, after sleeping...
SysOp
Posted in Personal life
Old

Spring Break!

Posted 03-28-2008 at 10:29 AM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

Holy shit!

Just finished my last class! I'm done with classes and have a week off. I'll most likely spend half of it studying but less work is less work.

I'll take a day and do stuff around here. For now I'm off to the beach and then later tonight Disneyland.

It should be nice getting to have the opportunity to sleep too!

Cheers
SysOp
Old

The Newest Addition to my Collection

Posted 02-09-2008 at 05:41 AM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

I recently purchased this awesome little tome. I've been interested in the work of Aleister Crowley for a long time and recently decided to take a bigger plunge and read the bulk of his work.

This book is huge. Its about a billion pages and is wayyy to large to take anywhere but it is beautifully illustrated and is filled with tons of cool stuff.

I never thought I would be buying a book on magick but my interest in Crowley has recently taken my life in some interesting turns....
Attached Images

SysOp
Posted in Personal life
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Welcome to HELL!

Posted 02-04-2008 at 05:24 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

Wow, since I started school again 3 weeks ago I have not had a second of free time. Even now as I am typing this I have a ton of work to do.

Sleep is something I used to do, getDare was a website I used to spend all day on.

I have almost all upper division classes. They are fun but are crushing me under the massive workload. The good thing is I am learning a ton of really cool and useful stuff. The downside is I am trapped in a world where sleep and free time do not exist....
SysOp
Posted in Personal life