Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Reflecting on 2017 and 365 Orgasms for 2018

Posted 01-01-2018 at 03:18 PM by Butterfly
Updated 03-15-2018 at 07:38 PM by Butterfly

One year ago today, I reflected on 2016 and wrote a list of things that I wanted to try and accomplish this year. You can read that post here.

To recap, these are the things that I wanted to accomplish, and how they turned out:

1. Read 10 books.
Failed. I think I only read about 6 or 7 books this year. I had a REALLY busy year and didn't get enough time to read.

2. Learn a new skill
I learned to do pottery on the pottery wheel. I am not very good at it, but at least I can do it! And it was a lot of fun.

3. Make healthier choices (not a weight loss or fitness goal, but I want to get my blood sugar levels under control so that I can have a baby).
Failed. So this one I kind of loss sight of. The first few months went ok, and then I started to eat crappy again.

4. Say "Thank you" instead of "Sorry". Ex. Instead of saying "sorry for taking so long", say "Thank you for waiting for me"
I think I did an amazing job of doing this in 2017. I am sure these is still room for improvement, but I didn't catch myself saying sorry too often.

5. Continue being more confident in myself and my abilities. Stop putting myself down.
I still have my days, but I do think that I have become a lot more confident. I have done a lot of things this year that I never would have done without setting this goal.

6. Do a boudoir photo shoot.
I did this too! Actually my profile photo is from that shoot!

7. Conquer a fear.
I am sure I conquered at least a few small fears this year, but a big one that I did recently was posting a recording of a play session for all to hear.

8. Worry less, cry rarely, laugh and smile more often, be positive.
I definitely succeeded at this one!

9. Be more selfless; help others, volunteer more.
I think that I helped my friends a lot this year. I didn't get to volunteer too much, but I did help with the Christmas play at the church that I work for.

10. Devote more time to just "being" with Asslvr. Enjoy our time together before we begin to create a tiny human of our own.
Failed. We spent lots of time together this year, but I don't feel like we took enough time without our phones, without distractions and just enjoyed each other. It is something I think we can do better.

11. Be a better mod, and devote more time to getDare. Catch up with all of the people I have come to call friends, who I haven't had time for lately.
I am going to consider this a success. I have spent a lot more time modding this year, I have tried my best to stay in contact with a lot of the people who I love from this site, and I spend A LOT of time in chat!

12. Relax more. Have me time. Sleep more. Put myself first.
I think I succeeded at this as well. Again, there is probably some room for improvement, but I really have learned to put myself first at times, and to get more sleep.

All in all, I have to say that I am pretty impressed with how well my list of goals went. I feel like even though there was a lot of struggles this year, there were also a lot of triumphs. 2017 was a great year for me and I am looking forward to an even better year in 2018.

In 2018, here are my "resolutions":

1. Continue to find a balance between helping others, and being able to take care of myself and put myself first.
2. Spend more time just "being" with Asslvr. Take time to ourselves, away from our phones, and just cuddle, talk and laugh together.
3. Continue to explore our local kink community.
4. Cross off at least 3 things on my kinky bucket list.
5. Become healthier, both mentally and physically.

and finally ...

6. HAVE ONE ORGASM EACH DAY
(or at least try to have on average, one orgasm a day, making them up at the end of each week or month if we need to skip a few due to health, or extenuating circumstances. )

Happy New Year All! I Hope 2018 is a wonderful, fun, love-filled, kinky year!
Views 578 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Happy New Year to you Beautiful Lady! I have enjoyed getting to know you this past year and I hope to see us both enjoy a happy, healthy, and self positive year!
    Posted 01-01-2018 at 05:13 PM by Wedgiebondagebabe Wedgiebondagebabe is offline
  2. Old Comment
    2017 was an amazing year I can't wait to spend 2018 with you around and maybe just maybe we can meet!

Also I fully support 2018 the year of healthy orgasms!
  3. Old Comment
    I love the idea of saying thank you instead of sorry.

You could simplify your 2018 rules 1 & 2 to:

1. Take care of yourself
    2. Take care of Mr Devious

(And sorry for posting so many comments all in one go)
    (I mean thank you for tolerating so many of my comments in one go)