Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

Old

The Word NO (Cont'd; as it applies to having... boundaries)

Posted 07-03-2014 at 01:11 PM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-17-2015 at 06:19 PM by kittenlyss

This is actually written in response to naughtylittlegirl's blog posts on safety (Part 1 and Part 2). If you haven't read them yet, you should go read them. And if you're somehow reading MY blog, but haven't read hers yet, you must not frequent the blog section. I highly recommend doing so and her blogs in particular. /end advertisement

Being comfortable saying no - again, I'm something of a brat. I say no plenty. It's actually one of the first things I learned to watch for. How does...
Old

"Wearing a Corset...

Posted 06-23-2014 at 11:53 PM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-17-2015 at 06:20 PM by kittenlyss

is like getting breast implants."

Apparently, it's deceitful. You know, because it gives you an awesome figure that's fake.

I'm not even going to touch on the fact that one is SURGERY and the other is clothing. OR the implied criticism of people who get breast implants.

But, assuming that such things are done or worn with the sole intention of getting more attention by looking better is a bit... ignorant.
Anyhow, this is why I like wearing corsets....
Old

Consent: Through a Vanilla Eye

Posted 06-23-2014 at 11:50 PM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-17-2015 at 06:21 PM by kittenlyss

I was listening to the radio in the car with a vanilla friend. One of those "If your girlfriend says no and you keep going, you're a rapist" warnings comes on.

We started talking about how some of the proposed ideas to require written consent are a bit impractical. For the everyday occurence.

And, of course, I say, "Well, you know, consent doesn't JUST apply to 'Can we have sex?' "

Vanilla: What do you mean?!

By now,...
Old

The Word NO

Posted 06-23-2014 at 10:59 PM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-17-2015 at 06:22 PM by kittenlyss

One of my favorite words.

The problem is that I use it in a few different ways.

Sometimes my NO means "You're getting on my nerves. Now get out of my face."

Sometimes my NO means "I'm not comfortable doing that. So stop pushing me." A variation on the above, but still a bit different. I don't like being pushed out of my comfort zone before I'm ready. I need to be the person who makes the decision to step out of it. I do occasionally like...
Old

I already have enough friends... Wait, say what?

Posted 05-18-2014 at 04:16 PM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-17-2015 at 06:22 PM by kittenlyss

I had a conversation with another user a while back. And I can't get it out of my head. He approached me and started a conversation. I like conversations. He seemed reasonable enough. I mean, we flirted a bit. But there's nothing wrong with a bit of a flirt, as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't mean we're taking it further than that. So I was a bit surprised when we had a conversation something along the lines of:
Me: I think I've found a Dom that I really like and feel comfortable with.
Old

Disclaimer

Posted 05-18-2014 at 03:17 PM by kittenlyss
Updated 02-04-2015 at 11:14 PM by kittenlyss (update)

I still consider myself pretty new so I'm still working on:
Likes/Meh's/Just Don't Gets/Dislikes/Limits.

But I have a pile of Curious abouts.

I love to give and get good chat. I'm always happy to meet someone new that I can possibly connect with and exchange experiences and ideas. However..

I do not accept or provide dares. Even just those one time ones. I have a dom that I'm very happy with and I'm not searching for any playmates. And, for privacy...
Posted in About Me
Old

Romantic Punctuation

Posted 04-06-2014 at 12:14 PM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-17-2015 at 06:26 PM by kittenlyss

I was browsing through one of my favorite websites (www.cakewrecks.com, a totally awesomely hilarious website) the other day and came across this post:

http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2014/...my-bottom.html

I immediately thought the idea of giving away your colon for V day was actually maybe a little bit appropriate for some couples. Or, really, for any other day that you'd like to express your love.

But then I started reading the comments...