Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Reflecting on 2016; Looking forward to 2017

Posted 12-31-2016 at 08:00 AM by Butterfly
Updated 12-31-2016 at 09:00 AM by Butterfly

I have been reflecting a lot lately about the past year. It is too easy to focus on the negative and hard things that happened, however it is so important to remember all the positive and lovely things. So many things have happened this past year. There have been so many ups and a few downs, but the ups are what I want to celebrate:

*I started planning my wedding to the most amazing man ever.

*I was brave and quit a nightmare job, only to start at the best job ever a few months later. I have never been this happy at work before. The people are amazing and I laugh at work daily. I am actually excited to get up most mornings to go to work.

*I met my new best friend. K and I really connected this summer and have been in separable since. It is so nice to have a new best friend who lives close to me.

*I have made many more friends through my online group and we frequently get together and do many things: dinner, painting, holiday parties, movies etc.

*My self esteem has gone up so much and with it, my self confidence.

*I started a relationship with my pet, Jaro. He has made me so proud in the last 2 months that we have been together and I am excited to see where I will lead in 2017.

*Speaking of pets, Asslvr and I adopted two adorable kittens: spaghetti and fettucine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1483154697709.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	465

*My (other) best friend and my cousin got engaged!

*I won a Crib tournament even though I had just learned to play.

*I became a mod, even though I suck at it.

*I did not self harm once. Even though I have struggled through some hard times this year, I was able to resist the urge and fight the battle.

*I reunited with a getDare friend. Made new getDare friends and let go of a few who were draining my energy.

*I grew even more in love with my Soulmate, Asslvr.

Overall, despite the few bumps in the road, I think that 2016 was a fantastic year for me. I grew so much, learned a lot and made positive changes. I am really looking forward to 2017; the year I get to marry Asslvr!

Other than getting married, here are a few things I would like to accomplish this upcoming year:

1. Read 10 books.
2. Learn a new skill
3. Make healthier choices (not a weight loss or fitness goal, but I want to get my blood sugar levels under control so that I can have a baby).
4. Say "Thank you" instead of "Sorry". Ex. Instead of saying "sorry for taking so long", say "Thank you for waiting for me"
5. Continue being more confident in myself and my abilities. Stop putting myself down.
6. Do a boudoir photo shoot.
7. Conquer a fear.
8. Worry less, cry rarely, laugh and smile more often, be positive.
9. Be more selfless; help others, volunteer more.
10. Devote more time to just "being" with Asslvr. Enjoy our time together before we begin to create a tiny human of our own.
11. Be a better mod, and devote more time to getDare. Catch up with all of the people I have come to call friends, who I haven't had time for lately.
12. Relax more. Have me time. Sleep more. Put myself first.

These aren't really resolutions, just life goals that I would like to try and keep in mind this year. By writting them here, I am promising myself, Asslvr and the people of getDare that I am going to try and make these things a priority.

Finally, as I look back on 2016, I want to thank every one of my friends and getDare supporters. Everybody who has read my blogs, commented, sent me a message (here or through kik, line or email), been my friend, offered my words of encouragement or support, or just made me laugh. Thank you! You have made 2016 a wonderful year.

Special thanks you to my pet, Jaro, for being so supportive and such a wonderful sub and friend. You make me proud every day.

And a HUGE thank you to my wonderful man, my Dom, my fiance, my soulmate: Asslvr. I never could have made it through this year without you by my side. You have been my buoy in the rough waters, my light in the darkness, my biggest fan and supporter and have loved me more than I have ever been loved before. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you.

Bring on 2017! Happy New Year!
Views 558 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    And thank YOU for being such an excellent Domme to me Miss.

All in all a great post with some great resolutions for the new year. You have every right to be confident about yourself so surely you can keep that one going.
    Be sure to watch out that your resolutions #9 and #12 do not clash too often though. Helping others is great! But it shouldn't get too much in the way of your well deserved rest and me time. Sometimes it's good to be a little selfish.
    Updated 12-31-2016 at 09:02 AM by Butterfly
  2. Old Comment
    I definetly need to be mindful of #9 and #12. I think I really do need to work on finding a balance between those two and even #10. I need to find time for Asslvr and I, time for just myself and then time for others. At the end of this year I felt so busy that I had no time to breathe. So this year, I want to try my best to keep that balance.
  3. Old Comment
    I am so incredibly glad for all the good things you have in your life; you've worked long and hard and risked a lot, and you just deserve so much love and beauty. So I know we all celebrate with you, and wish you all the very best in 2017.

And I think you're a pretty fab mod Thank you so much for all that you do for the people in your life. You have a good heart.
    Posted 12-31-2016 at 09:44 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Thanks,.. it is nice to read.

When I did read rule #4 i got a smile on my face. I hope you make it.