Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Rose_Angel

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

1000 Edge Rule Dilemma

Posted 07-17-2013 at 09:38 PM by Rose_Angel
Updated 07-17-2013 at 09:50 PM by Rose_Angel

So, some may have seen that I'm doing a 1000 edge challenge. I came up with the challenge on my own, with pre-set rules and such. I'm having a very difficult time with one of them.

Quote:
5. I will not use the same implement to edge for any consecutive sessions.
I'm so used to just reaching for my wand before going to bed at night to edge/orgasm depending on what I'm "allowed" to do at the time (I don't have an owner, but allow the control of certain things occasionally to others).

What this rule has done, has essentially stalled me entirely. I've had a total of 8 edges thus far. 3 on the 15th with the hitachi magic wand, and 3 on the 17th with my hands, and 2 earlier this morning with the wand again.

If I didn't have this rule, I know I would be much further ahead in my edges, as there have been several times I wanted to edge but stopped myself as I didn't care to edge with anything else.

Now, as I've stated, I am not owned by anyone, and this is truly my own challenge, but I feel a small sense of obligation to keep the rule as I already posted that I would follow it.

At the same time, to be realistic, at this rate, it would take me over a year. I'm sure I'll eventually get more desperate though, and won't have a problem edging without the wand.

The decision to keep or toss the rule will of course ultimately be mine, but I'm curious to know what you guys (the people who actually read blogs of gD that have any interest in reading about this challenge) think.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3713 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Maybe change it from consecutive sessions to consecutive edges.

Is the moderating comments new dont remember it ever doing that before
  2. Old Comment
    If you feel bad about changing rules, that maybe don't toss the rule entirely, but change it to something like "I will not use the same implement to edge for more than 3 consecutive sessions." This will allow you to edge faster, while still require you to change instruments occasionally.
  3. Old Comment
    Keep rules. It will be REAL challange for you!
    Posted 07-18-2013 at 01:18 AM by vladimir_bz_lion vladimir_bz_lion is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Perhaps all you need to look at is amending the rule a little to allow for consecutive edges with it but limiting how many to say 5 per session,
    or you could have a set amount you can use it for per day/week.
    you could also have the option of completing dares to allow for more edges per Item consecutively

these are just my thoughts regardless of how you decide to do it I look forward to reading your blog about your adventure
  5. Old Comment
    One of the benefits of the rule is that you might discover new tools and methods to excite yourself. I think that this is a good concept. Perhaps instead of abandoning it altogether, you could tweak it a bit. Say 1 edge per day has to be done differently or something...
  6. Old Comment
    @Shadow: Making it consecutive edges would make it even worse! And the reason for moderating comments (I've used it once before), is because I didn't want anyone to post something like "u slut, u nd 2 keep rulz." Or anything of that sort (oh how my faith in gD is evident here).

@Twototheteeth: That is an excellent idea.

@Vladimir: Thank you for your opinion

@Shaggy: I already have a limit of 5 edges per session. Also, I don't ever ask for dares from the general public. I always private message either those I've played with, or at least talked to who I see is a reasonable person on the forums. While I believe I could trust most/all of you who commented, that just isn't going to happen.

I do of course thank you for your input, and thank you for your interest in my challenge.

@Shilos: I am able to use several different toys to get me off. While I love my wand, I also love fucking myself... it's just that I'm not really home that much, so when I get to bed, my wand is right there, and I don't feel like going to get another dildo.

Thank you all for your opinions/suggestions/input/interest, etc. While I am free, I will be quite honest that one of the reasons I put myself through challenges like this is to blog about it.

The blogging itself doesn't excite me, knowing people read them, and (hopefully) enjoy them is something that makes me happy, so I do like the opinions of others reading it, as in a small sense, my aim is to please the readers with my reports and such, concerning that I'm not doing this to please any one person.

It seems most of you would be happy with whatever I did. I'll most likely modify it, taking twototheteeth's suggestion as a starting point, but I'll wait a bit longer.

I will deal with the frustration of the current rule set in place at least until Sunday, the one week mark, but I'm going to aim to keep it until the end of the month...

This way I'll get more and more desperate, and I won't feel like I gave up on my initial rules too quickly. If I really feel like I need to change the rule early, I'll message someone for a (relatively short) penalty, and of course post about it.

I think I'm going to include a general exception to this as well as the limit of 5 per session though, and that's if I have someone controlling me on cam (won't happen too often) which with permission, I will give reports about how it went, what I liked, didn't like, etc on my blogs.
    Updated 07-18-2013 at 05:40 AM by Rose_Angel
  7. Old Comment
    I don't think I'm going to change the rule at all... other than the exception for when I'm being controlled on cam.

I just need to keep my other toy closer to my bed is all! It WAS in my closet in a separate box... and oh my goodness, I love it!

Talk about an easy solution... don't know why it didn't come to mind earlier.

Still, thank you all for the thoughts.
  8. Old Comment
    Yes always get 2 tools when going for a session and then alternate between them.
  9. Old Comment
    I'm not alternating edges... just not using the same tools in consecutive sessions. If I really wanted to use two tools in the same session (outside of being on cam), then I'd use something else for the following session.