Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.

Concession Speech!

Posted 06-17-2015 at 03:42 PM by Butterfly
Updated 02-08-2017 at 07:07 PM by Butterfly

Before I say anything else I want to say:

to our new president: Lola.fox! You and your team ran an excellent campaign and it came right down to the wire. You are amazing and I am so glad that I got to run against you.

When I set out to do this election, I made it clear that I wanted to stay positive and true to myself. I feel like I ran a clean and friendly campaign. I am naturally a social butterfly and so it was nice to personally speak with a lot of my voters. The entire election was a lot of fun and I think that was largely in part due to the 4 other candidates who were running beside me. Each of you had amazing campaigns and I am so proud of each and every one of you for how well you did. Thank you so much for being my friends AND for being amazing!

I also want to thank each and every person who voted for me (whether it was 150 people or 153 people).

Thank you to the people who voted for me without ever talking to me.

Thank you to the people who voted for me without asking for a bribe.

Thank you to my loyal friends who didn't even question who they were going to vote for.

Thank you to my friends who had to make the hard choice between two or more close friends.

Thank you to my voters who took me up on my bribes in order to let me earn their vote over the over candidates.

Thank you to everybody (all 384 of you!) who voted regardless of which candidate you voted for or what bribe you accepted in return for your vote, if we did not have your support this election never would have been the success that it was.

I also have a very incredible team that helped me do as well as I did in the election. Without their help I never would have been able to keep up with Lola and her team. Thank you to every person who spread the word about the election and my campaign. I personally want to thank a few specific individuals:

My campaign managers Asslvr and IHeartfun. I could not have done this without the two of you. Both of you spent countless hours sending messages to people, campaigning in chat, and offering up bribes and promises along with me. Both of you were there for me emotional when I needed it (elections are stressful!!) and in the final hours of the election you both busted your ass to get me the votes we needed, while I was tied up at a family obligation. You both rock!

Aussiedom and Bluecookies were huge supporters during the election. Both of them worked hard to convince people to vote for me as well as offering up very compelling bribes and promises in order to entice the voters. Thank you both so much and I am so happy we have become friends.

I want to thank Arbab.kourosh because every time somebody entered chat he would ask "Have you heard about the election?" or "Do you have time to talk about our savior Butterfly". He made me giggle and was supportive in a very non pushy way. He even offered to read stories for people as a bribe in order to earn votes for me. Thank you so much for your time and dedication.

Thank you to Marquis_de_sade for creating my first campaign poster. I am not very good with that kind of stuff so it was very much appreciated.

Thank you to anybody else who was in chat and helped talk people into voting for me, or who sent messages on my behalf. You are all amazing and extraordinary friends. I am unable to list ALL of you here, but thank you so so much and each and every one of you made a huge difference!

And lastly I want to thank DrW. When I woke up the morning after the polls had opened and read that he was using donations to my gofundme account as a bribe, I was shocked. DrW has been a huge supporter for Asslvr and I in making our happily ever after come true. I never would have made the gofundme account without his sub, Lizzy's, encouragement and DrW himself is the only reason I finally decided to share it. Although I have been calling him Dr. Evil lately because it was a very strategic move to use our happily ever after as a way to encourage people to vote for him, I can't really be mad at him. He has been fantastic and put a spotlight on our cause as well as donating himself, both as part of the election and prior to the election. You are a great politican and I am lucky to call you a friend.

As a side note, thank you to all of DrW's voters who helped donate money to our cause. If you are interested or have any other questions about it, please feel free to talk with DrW, Asslvr or myself, or follow the link above.

Even though I lost, I want to stand by my promise of trying to be a good friend. I have made a lot of new friends in the past few weeks and I have also become a lot closer to some old friends and I owe a lot of that to this election. I am very happy that I was able to take part in something that reached a lot of members on getDare.

In my first election blog I made a lot of promises about creating friendships and being there for people who need help, and even though I lost, those things still stand. Even if you didn't vote for me, if you want to get to know me, please feel free to reach out and send me a pm and we can talk. I promise I don't bite.

Lastly, I have to make a statement about my bribes. The election received a lot more attention than I could have imagined and therefore I have a list of almost 55 bribes to hand out to the wonderful people of getDare. A lot of these are customized and will take me time. I am going to do my best to get through this list as quickly as possible, but I ask for your patience and understanding as I make it happen. For those of you who have requested customized dares be written for you (15-20 of you asked for this), please be aware that I am going to be moving across the country at the end of next week, so it could be a few weeks before you receive these, but I promise it will be worth the wait!

Thank you again to everybody who made this election so enjoyable. I really feel as though it brought the getDare community closer as a whole and I know I have met some wonderful people by participating. And don't worry ... next year we am going to win!!!!!

Views 742 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You were and are utterly wonderful and you ran an excellent campaign. I feel very lucky to know you
    Posted 06-17-2015 at 05:02 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Yay, Butterfly! I have really enjoyed getting to know you through the election process, and I hope our friendship is worth it, even if I didn't vote for you
  3. Old Comment
    Yay! I'm glad you had fun and lots of support. And Yay! for Lola!
  4. Old Comment
    aw!! you're so sweet and you were a seriously fierce competitor i'm pretty sure you were ahead of me by a solid 50 votes for more then a day :P the only reason why this competition was as enjoyable as it was, was because you, drw, colo, and brony are all equally sweet <3 i hope you and asslvr have fun putting together the rest of your bribes!
  5. Old Comment
    Thank you everybody! You are all amazing and I love you all!
  6. Old Comment
    You're the best! I really enjoyed the whole campaign process.

PS: have lots of fun with your move! Ninja monkeys are watching over you!
  7. Old Comment
    I have been following the election from start to finish and I am happy that everyone was having fun! Kudos to iSpuds and Colosubguy! What an interesting and creative idea!

As I have said in my message to you, thank you for running, Butterfly! You have contributed in making this a happy and fun game for us all
  8. Old Comment
    You were a worthy competitor, Butterfly! I still demand a recount!!
    And you even got some voters for me! That's so kind of you, it made me happy!
    Aw, and thank you for the special mention. My plan was a bit evil, wasn't it? I had a big evil grin on my face when I implemented plan B!
    I totally hear you about making new friends and getting back in touch with old ones. There's been a lot of activity in my inbox recently, and it's much appreciated.