Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Depp's Blog of Doom

Enjoy my blog. I'll try and post stuff and update things from time to time.
Rate this Entry

My wrist feels naked!

Posted 08-14-2009 at 05:35 PM by depp

Back in high school I used to always wear rubber bands around my wrist. I liked always being ready to shoot someone and fiddled with the things constantly to defeat my school induced boredom. A couple years back I used to wear an elastic black "LiveWrong" bracelet but was never a big fan of these style of things and stopped shortly after I started.

I feel silly wearing rubber bands now in college and have not done it in a long time. Any suggestions on something cool besides a watch to put on my wrist?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4756 Comments 18
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 18

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I can tell you what to NOT put. Scars! Something not silly... Hmm.. What's wrong with a rubber band? I was just using one today at work.
  2. Old Comment
    wrist restraint?
    Posted 08-14-2009 at 06:05 PM by Collared_Slave Collared_Slave is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Tattoo of a rubber band around your wrist?
  4. Old Comment
    Um.
    Hmm.
    My ex used to wear chain bracelets.
  5. Old Comment
    I know that a lot of girls like to wear plaited ribbon around their wrists/ ankles but... chain bracelets or twisted hemp rope on guys are pretty cute too.

But... I think this is the neatest. It's a little thick but...

AAAAAAAAAAND if you really want something uuuuultra fawesomeeeey, GET A CHAIN BRACELET WITH A SECRET VOICE RECORDER.

I had the bestest fun with it. Ahh.... good times. =]
  6. Old Comment
    A shag band, they are like really thin rubber wrist bands, but circular. And they are pretty cool colours. It is rumoured that when you have sex with a girl they give one to you hence the name. WEAR HUNDREDS !
  7. Old Comment
    Go out and get yourself a nice Rolex . lol

Maybe a livestrong band or something like that. Or when you go to a consert never take the band off. Thats wot a lot of people are doing these days.
  8. Old Comment
    Tryst stole what I was going to say LOL. I have a bunch of shag bands but the kind that each colour has a different meaning.
  9. Old Comment
    Here, shag bands are like.. if someone breaks one while its still on your wrist, they have to do the corresponding action for that colour (like a blowjob or sex or whatever)
  10. Old Comment
    and schools in america banned them because 12yos were using them that way. . .
    News
    or if you just wanna know what you'll be doing
    Meaning
  11. Old Comment
    "Maybe a livestrong band or something like that. Or when you go to a consert never take the band off. Thats wot a lot of people are doing these days."

Might be what some people do, but it's also widely viewed as "Look at that prat showing off that they went to download... who the hell gives a toss?" Made even more stupid when said person bitches about how everyone wants to talk about said festival... if you don't want people discussing something, don't wear it all the damned time, fool.
  12. Old Comment
    What are you talking about? No one says that where I'm from..
  13. Old Comment
    Yet on another forum I'm on that cropped up a ton in a "5 things you hate right now" thread because it's just another way of trying to show off and look "cool", despite actually not being.
  14. Old Comment
    Well I've never heard that before in my life and I'm in one of the most populated places in the US.
  15. Old Comment
    Being that I'm in the UK, that might be where the difference lies here, as despite popular belief America is not, in fact, the centre of the world.
  16. Old Comment
    I think that's what shag bands are here, I'm not even sure why I wear them, I just like them because they're shiny.
  17. Old Comment
    Wouldn't the center of the world be the core? I've never heard that the US was the center of the world either.. is that another UK thing?
  18. Old Comment
    I've never noticed anyone bitching about festival bands, maybe it's just who I'm around. I have a rainbow coloured band from this show I went to in NYC it was for charity. And I have a bunch of beaded Chinese bracelet thingies, but maybe they are girly.
    Updated 08-18-2009 at 03:21 PM by BettyBoop