Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Reassurance

Posted 01-02-2017 at 03:35 PM by Butterfly
Updated 02-08-2017 at 07:01 PM by Butterfly

As a sub I am always seeking reassurance that I am pleasing my Dom in a suitable way. I want to make sure he is happy with me. I want to know that I make him proud. He is very good at reassuring me.

You make me so proud!

Such a good girl!

Good job Sweetie!

Hearing those words doesn't just make me happy, they make me swell with pride. It feels so good to know that i have pleased my dom and that he is happy with me. It is one of the biggest reasons I submit; to please. It also boosts my confidence (and horniness level).

I think it is more natural for a Dom to share words of encouragement and reassurance after a play session or even on a regular basis in a D/s relationship. During aftercare we are told we did a good job, after following a rule we are told "good girl (or pet or boy or slut etc.)", or we hear that special name that only our Dom calls us, out of affection, no matter what that may be. But when does the Dom get reassurance?

I say thank you to my Dom all the time: thank you for letting me cum, thank you for the hugs or snuggles or aftercare, but when was the last time I told my Dom that he did a great job or that I was proud of him? I am actually ashamed to admit that it has been too long since I have properly done so.

As a Domme I feel much more confident and I require less reassurance than when I am a sub. I get my rewards by seeing my speechless pet after an incredible orgasm or knowing he is exhausted and happy (but very frustrated) after a long task, but I still have doubts sometimes.

It is always good to know that you are doing a good job. And if your sub is happy, it is probably safe to assume you are doing a good job. But it is so nice to hear that you are doing great, that they are proud of you, that they are really enjoying themselves, because at the end of the day, it doesn't mean anything unless you are both happy.

I am going to make a great effort to show my Dom how thankful and proud of him that I am. How much he means to me, and I am going to make sure he knows that I think he is doing a great job. Dom(me)s need reassurance too!

Asslvr - You are a fantastic Dom. You do a great job of putting up with me and my nonsense. You encourage and support and reassure me always and I am so thankful for every ounce of that. I am so proud of you.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    You make me so proud!

Such a good girl!

Good job Sweetie!
    As a sub I need similar reassurances. I agree with you that Doms need them too. As per my personal experience I have seen that the approach in which they do is slightly different owing to the power difference.

For example, instead of saying "Good work!" or "You make me proud! Keep it up!" which may sound a bit patronizing to some Doms within a D/s I would frame it somewhat indirectly and include it in my feedback like how creative I found the idea to be or how exhaustive the instructions were or how I thought that it was commendable to come up with that or how I enjoyed it!
  2. Old Comment
    Those are all great ways to show your appreciation and reassurance. It really depends on how your dynamic works. For me, my Dom would appreciate me saying that I was proud and that he does a great job, but the was you shared were all fantastic too! The most important part is to make them feel appreciated and reassure that they are doing a good job.