Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Rose_Angel

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Maintenance Reports Continued 4-9

Posted 07-13-2012 at 05:37 AM by Rose_Angel

Maintenance Reports Continued

Thursday 7/5/2012 And Request

I cleared off the top of my bookshelf and dusted the bookshelf as well as the items that was on it. The only item to go back on top was the alarm clock, and I got out two picture frames from my closet, one that had a pic of my best friend and I before prom, and one that has a pic of my fiance and I all dressed up at church, and put those neatly on the top, on either side of the alarm clock. The other items were either thrown away, or put in a better place for them.

I also took everything out of the top shelf that I organized yesterday to dust, and I ended up throwing a few more things out, lotions and body sprays that are either too old, or that I'll never use as I don't like the smell. I then re-organized it again placing it back to make it much more functional for me.

My alarm went off in the middle of doing the top shelf, but I just kept going until that part was finished, and I finished at 7:20. Also, on a random note, the items I used for dusting were pairs of underwear that no longer fit. (I thought you may be interested to know).

While I didn't stand at the wall, I still took a few minutes to reflect. I was just proud of myself for finishing the task I had already started. Even if I set 15 minutes aside to do upkeep two-three times a week in the future, it does not mean I get to stop when the time is up, nor does it mean those are the only times I can clean.

Another thing I've reflected on, is that since I have a new goal for organizing my entire room to make it absolutely amazing, and would like this done before leaving on vacation, 15 minutes a day is simply not enough time to do this. My intention is to increase the time to 30 minutes, from 7-7:30 instead.

I don't anticipate needing to stand at the wall again during maintenance, as I'm motivated to organize my room, and keep it clean, for the duration of at least 30 minutes each day. While standing at a wall for the first few days helped me to reflect, I now see the importance on reflecting on what I do, and will do so anyway.

Request for change in reporting

If you are okay with this, I am requesting to go ahead and just send you one final report, on the 13th, to summarize the rest of the experience, to state what I've accomplished, what I still need to accomplish, if I've learned anything else, and what my plans are for keeping my room clean when I come back from vacation.

With all the detail I put in and honesty given, I hope this would go without saying, but just to be clear, if I were to deviate at all, I would still send you a report on that day, stating how/why I deviated, and submit to your authority on the issue.

I look forward to talking with you again.

RoseBrat89

Dravot was okay with me not sending daily reports, but I ended up keeping a journal each day anyway, which effectively shortens up my final report.

Friday, 7/6/2012

Due to power being out and not having air conditioning, I went to my friend’s house the night before. I woke up at 6:40 in the morning thinking “I’d generally eat now to prepare for my maintenance time.” I got up anyway and spent time with my friend’s parents, who I do call “Mom” and “Dad.”

The power at my house came on around 12:50, I got home soon after one and finished organizing and dusting the rest of my bookshelf. Even the books hidden by the sliding doors at the bottom came out, and I re-arranged my books by subject, and added more pictures to the bookshelf. It looks absolutely wonderful. This took me approximately 1 hour. It would have taken me less time, but I searched through things in the process.

Saturday 7/7/2012

I organized and dusted the top of one of my two dressers. Admittedly, throughout the time of organizing, things I wasn’t yet sure about where to place them were placed on my dresser. Over the week, I had placed as little on there as possible, but I didn’t see any other options, other than continuing to clean. The main “rule” I gave myself was that once a place was organized, nothing else could be placed there, unless it is “supposed” to. I managed to put almost everything on that dresser in a proper place, but a few things got moved to my closet. This took me 29 minutes.

Sunday 7/8/2012

While everything else in my room looks amazing upon walking in, with the exception of the things on my cedar chest, I worked on my closet today. As much as I wanted to move things off my cedar chest, I know that once my closet and everything else is organized, it will be much easier to place everything.

In my closet, I had three bins of a mixture of memorabilia, college textbooks, and high school/college worksheets and notebooks to go with classes on the floor. These bins have had things added in there since high school. While I’m not sure exactly when I will move out, I have come to the conclusion that I will keep very few things when I leave. My plan of attack was to work on one bin today, the second bin tomorrow, and the third on Tuesday. However, after looking over everything in the first bin, and putting the items in piles for trash, textbooks, and actual memorabilia I still wanted to keep, I decided I may as well do the other two bins as well, since I already had my designated piles, and there was absolutely no way I was going to leave those piles on the floor for the next day. So, I took out the others, one at a time. I ended up with a monstrous trash pile on my floor, about 7 textbooks, and a very small pile of memorabilia I actually wanted to keep. I put that last pile in one of my bins, put the textbooks in another, and used two large trash bags to throw all the junk away. I then put the three bins in my closet.

The reason for putting the textbooks in the bin for the moment is because above my clothes, I have two shelves in my closet, which are loaded with textbooks and notebooks, and other miscellaneous items. I’ve essentially hoarded those items. Most likely the notebooks will be trashed, but I plan to try selling most of my college textbooks over the internet to make some money. If they aren’t sold by the time I move out of my house, I’ll just donate them to goodwill.

The time spent cleaning this morning took about 70-80 minutes. Also, behind the bins I found 6 pieces of dirty clothing on the floor, so I put them in my laundry basket and whacked each of my nipples 6 times, as that was the requirement of my first day of cleaning.

Monday 7/9/2012

On the left side of the lower shelf in my closet, I had several textbooks from college, and random ones that interested me in the past while shopping at Goodwill/ Salvation Army and similar stores. I took them all down. There were also three textbooks spread around on my closet shelves, as well as a few random regular books so I carefully removed those as well. With the exception of the regular text books, and my math and physics books, I put the rest in my bin from yesterday, as I intend to try to sell them. There were also notebooks and folders of work from college coursework mixed in with the textbooks. After glancing them over to make sure they were nothing I wanted to keep, they were all thrown away with the exception of one class. While I do not at all understand the subject material anymore, my work was extremely organized, done on graph paper, and used different colors for different things. I intend on showing my future students the nice work, and to ensure them I am okay with them using colored pencils for work if it helps them.

At this point, there isn’t too much to reflect on. I’m just taking the time to organize like I should have long ago.

Tuesday 7/10/2012

Today, I was going to organize the right side of my lower shelf, but instead I took everything else down from both shelves other than what was organized yesterday, and the closet is now perfect. I spent nearly 50 minutes organizing my closet today. I threw out several notebooks, but found my old slave journal. I looked through it, and had to laugh. Here is a very small segment of a journal entry from June 14, 2009.

“This slave has promised to set aside this coming Saturday to clean her room and to serve her Master. It will be a long, boring day, but it is this slave’s fault for not cleaning her room sooner. She needs to keep it clean after she cleans it as well, for she knows her messy room makes her Master displeased.”

Clearly, I had the right intentions in the past, but did not follow through. Sure, I probably cleaned my room, just like I did 9 days ago. What I didn’t do, was take time to organize, or set any time aside to keep it cleaned. That is the difference between then and now. I made sure to have a time set aside for 12 days, to get in the habit of setting time aside to work on my room. I expect to make this a lifestyle change, not just in my bedroom, but for when I have my own place as well, and my responsibilities expand to an entire house.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1149 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments