Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MasterDaddy02

Rate this Entry

Re: Stop And Truly Think!

Posted 02-05-2015 at 10:25 PM by MasterDaddy02

Stop And Truly Think Your Answers!

The following quiz, will make you stop and really think out your responses. It will challenge your deep down inner thoughts of who you are. You will surprise yourself.
To take this quiz, you must be in a total mentally clear head.

You have been chosen to spent two years in an location that you will not know. You will have food, water, shelter. You will not have electricity, television, radio, transportation. You are only allowed to bring with you, five things. What are the things in which are most important to you? Why did you choose the things you did? What purpose does each one mean to you?

The location is on an island.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 14917 Comments 27
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 27

Comments

1. Old Comment
    1. Medical kit - you never know.
    2. Doctor - I know first aid myself, but we can never be to sure.
    3. Sturdy knife/machete - yup.
    4. Mechanically powered flashlight - no batteries? No problem!
    5. Duct tape - tonnes and tonnes of duct tape.

My replies didn't surprise me, but the quiz was fun nonetheless.
  2. Old Comment
    You could two years without a mate?
  3. Old Comment
    @MasterDaddy02; You said 'things' I thought that me bringing a doctor was a bit of an issue (& not in spirit of the quiz), and was even debating whether I should have replaced it with flint and tinder or a lighter. XD Anywho, if I was allowed to bring people, then queue up my family members (dad, mum and sister) and throw out; knife, duct tape and doctor - as to why? well, I am a 'family-oriented' person
  4. Old Comment
    The idea of the quiz, is for each person decided what, they would want with them. The key, is those five important things you have only. Nothing else. You can have five, you choose.
  5. Old Comment
    1. Time Machine
    2. ???
    3. ???
    4. ???
    5. ???
  6. Old Comment
    M.G had generally the right idea in my opinion.
    Do we know the general climate where the island is? My items would be considerably different if the island were more like Antarctica than Jamaica
  7. Old Comment
    Okay, here's the key factor! You are going to be on the island alone. Nobody else , and get to bring only 5 things. You have to really think!
    What do you want to have with you? Do you want a book, the clothes that you are wearing? Companionship? A note book and a pen? Examples!!
  8. Old Comment
    I would bring...
    A library (stocked full of
    books)
    A hospital (stocked with doctors and supplies)
    A fully stocked general store (specializing in candy)
    A neighborhood (stocked full of
    people)

oh. And my best friend.

Those things count, right?
  9. Old Comment
    But if I'm supposed to be on the island alone...and I bring people with me for companionship...then I'm no longer alone on the island...wouldn't that cause a paradox and, like, tear a hole in the space-time continuum or something?

I jest But there is a bit of confusion, I think, about whether "things" denotes "people" since people are generally subjects not objects...

And now I digress. ST and Eivins were both really clever with the loopholes...M.G. had to go and be all practical...Alexis is being responsible...

I would take:
    Bible
    Thesis, so I could finally finish the gosh darn thing
    Clothes, unless they are already provided, in which case I would bring my best friend
    Baby grand piano
    And a replicator So I could have all the books I wanted, and still be able to procrastinate on my thesis.

And so I could have colouring books and crayons because I forgot about them and now my list would be too long.

Oh, and cupcakes. I don't know what kind of food this island's got, can't risk not having cupcakes for two years.
    Posted 02-06-2015 at 06:23 AM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
    Updated 02-06-2015 at 06:26 AM by naughtylittlegirl
  10. Old Comment
    Tink,
    We should share an island! Gosh darn! I
    forgot music! How could I?
    I blame the bloody incessant beeping.
  11. Old Comment
    @Eivins: A world of Yes.

I would be honoured to share an island with you.

I'm sad there won't be any television, because Disney. Do you think it would be cheating if we brought our own theatre?
    Posted 02-06-2015 at 06:27 AM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  12. Old Comment
    Not at all! The theater can run off generators! And we can have all of the movies!
    We may as well
    bring Disney World, while
    we're at it!
  13. Old Comment
    Oh! Why didn't I think of that?

Our island will be our very own Disney World. The only other people there will be the lovely staff and characters, so no lines!

And we can have tea with fairies and princesses and the toys from Toy Story...

And is this what hijacking a post is like?
    Posted 02-06-2015 at 06:31 AM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  14. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by naughtylittlegirl View Comment
    And is this what hijacking a post is like?
    A bit, yes

I like the question, it is thought provoking, but I am hoping for a bit more information before I answer.

I will say that a general thought is that while a second person there would probably double your chance of survival, it would also put that person in harm's way. Having said that, I would probably want a survivalist with me, rather than my wife because I'd want to survive without so much fear for my wife's safety.

Beyond that, the climate is so important as to what 4 tools I would bring. A medical kit including antibiotics and anti-fungal cream as well as a good rope might be universal. A fire starter of some kind if there is going to be fuel for a fire (not so much if I'm on a barren sandy desert island with no greenery or a frozen iceberg island). A reusable weapon and a tool of some kind would likely be my final two options, but again, it really depends on the climate!
  15. Old Comment
    @eivins & NLG; I must say, thanks for making my night xD cheeky.
  16. Old Comment
    It says I'll have the essentials of food, water, and shelter, so survival isn't an issue. On that note:

1.) My survival axe.
    2.) Lots and lots of half-inch-thick rope(like 1000 feet)
    3.) The Bubishi
    4.) The Seven Military Classics collection
    5.) All the deodorant
  17. Old Comment
    1) A fully stocked hardware store (kink AND building supplies)
    2) My toy box (with all of my toys)
    3) A generator (because some of my toys need electricity) unless I can find or make one at the hardware store, in which case a chocolate store
    4) Almost (because he's my dommy AND because he's super smart and would make life more awesome)
    5) A boat (so I can go visit Tink's and Lizzy's and Tomato's islands because time machine, candy, Disney World, books, and alllllll the thinnnnnnngs. Also, it has all of my household goods. Like clothes. Ooooh, that means I'm already bringing the toy box. OK, so #2 is a blank to be filled by Almost. Because if I'm going to drag him with me, I should let him bring at least one thing)
  18. Old Comment
    1. Rope- functional yet can be fun for extended stay
    2. Fire starter- to cook and stay warm
    3. Machete - protection and function
    4. First Aid kit fully stocked
    5. Large tub of Vaseline - waterproofing and pleasure
  19. Old Comment
    Okay, everyone is not understanding what is meant, so I will explain that!!

You are going to be away from all ppl for two years! What means the most to you in making it through the two years? Can you be alone without sex? A mate? Partner? You will have nothing except what you decide to have with you in that period of time! A person counts as one item! A book counts as one item! Remember only 5 items, and no more! A pen counts as another item!

In essences, what could you have to get you through it with only 5 items!
  20. Old Comment
    Well with my time machine I could just skip those 2 years.
    Or with a portal gun Id just go home everyday and only sleep on the island.

etc.
  21. Old Comment
    So if all of the needs from the bottom two tiers of Maslow's hierarchy were covered (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...fNeeds.svg.png) and my safety and well-being were guaranteed, I'd say:

1. My wife
    2. My Master
    3. Paper
    4. Pens (or pencils)
    5. A guitar

You got it now!! You understand the purpose in what is so very important to you in your life!
    Updated 02-06-2015 at 12:35 PM by MasterDaddy02
  22. Old Comment
    1. A bow
    2. A quiver full of arrows
    3. A green outfit

Hm. I think I'm set now. Let's throw in...
    4. A Dr. Pepper
    5. A bag of Doritos, sweet chilli pepper flavor
  23. Old Comment
    Why do you put 'Re: ' in all your blog titles?
  24. Old Comment
    It is something, I have did automatic on all blogs. As is done on all papers I write. Just a normal thing for me.
  25. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MasterDaddy02 View Comment
    Can you be alone without sex? A mate? Partner?
    You may be surprised at how high & low the desire to have sexual intercourse is for some people.

I honestly believe I can live without intercourse and a 'mate' - I honestly prefer quiet and serenity in an environment such as this - the 'partner' is honestly there to lend a hand and chat with once in a while.