Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MasterDaddy02

Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Re: After Thoughts!

Posted 08-28-2021 at 11:12 PM by MasterDaddy02

A quick background some!
As I have shared on my blogs about my dedication to certain organizations close to my heart. I get calls at all hours of the day and night for special help. So, it is not common to get an emergency call or text from those needing last-minute quick help. I have put together a group of others like me, who believe it is important to be that support. It was like four in the morning and a nonprofit needed to get two kids up to the hospital out of state. The children have Cancer and needed to get to a Mercy Hospital fast. After calling me, I had to wake up one of my friends to ask him to fly four people ASAP 600 miles away. He said sure and what time to meet at the airport hanger. So I then called the person back to inform them that it is a go and wake up the two families. The two kids have been having some trouble for some reason.
I knew that my sleep was over with for the rest of the night. So I just made some hot caffeine-free tea to drink and headed to my home office. I have been having some other things on my mind regarding work. So I just turned on my soft rock music and started to read data that I have put off for a few days. But since I had to be awake anyway. I did want to go for a run, but I needed to be near the phone. Also if anything changed at the last minute. Because that has happened so many times in the past to me. It is just one of those things that come with helping others. You must enjoy it or it will burn you out from being asked so very much for that support and lending a hand. Children and kids have always touched my life in that deep way. Due in part to how innocent they are.
I had a full day of working when I was not planning to. I had plans to go out horseback riding and spent some time in the country alone. So instead I just went shopping and received the car washed. Then meet some friends for dinner and to talk about some issues that they needed advice on.

The good news is that the kids are doing better and will be coming back home on Tuesday if everything is smooth.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 861 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This is very sweet. It's always tiring to be that person who needs to give support, even in the toughest of times. But in the end it's always worth it if you're able to help.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kath View Comment
    This is very sweet. It's always tiring to be that person who needs to give support, even in the toughest of times. But in the end it's always worth it if you're able to help.
    Thank you for your comment!
    You are so very right when that challenge isn't going to be a easy one. I just don't share that and keep it inside. The end is that joy from how no matter what. Each time is truly worth it from the heart.