Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
  1. Old Comment

Blackmail: Will I actually do it?

This brief (at least for now) discussion is probably the best I've ever read on gD - and it's about things that aren't really my things. A general thank-you to everybody, on all sides; the doers & do-es, worriers & well-wishers. I wish all discussions could be like this!

EDIT: Never mind. But for a brief moment I was learning new things, gaining new understanding, becoming a slightly better person (which is what understanding does to you).
    Updated 07-24-2018 at 12:08 AM by Cstelle (Well...)
  2. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassandra View Comment
    My highest respect. You are playing very well. I wish you an awesome retrospective (because I guess you will talk a lot as usual because it's necessary).
    Thank you Cass.

Yes, we spend a lot of time talking. Jaro and I talk for hours each day, and although we needed to take a break after this incident the other night, we spoke immediately after Jaro woke up. We discuss everything, even if it is a direct demand. Jaro always has the opportunity to have his voice heard, and we always listen and take what he says into account, even if sometimes we decide not to change our decisions.
  3. Old Comment

Hello Little pet.

I too appreciate your concern and I have been thinking how to respond. You might think my response is biased but I am going to respond anyways.

As Miss Butterfly rightly pointed out, I choose for this! Princess and Goddess only have this power because I gave them this power and I can, at any time, take that power back. So if it ever were to come to exposure I could still prevent it even from happening.

But I have been punished more times than the time Miss mentioned and only now is the first time she - together with Miss Icey - choose to give me step one. They have proven time and time again that they are extremely careful and cautious with what they choose to do and they would often just choose to a regular punishment over this, thus proving again that they are NOT trigger happy and are NOT out to ruin me.

Could I actually be exposed and could someone like my dad or Boss find out about this? Yeah, there is a chance for that. There is also a chance I get killed in a car crash tomorrow and that chance is actually much higher. The chance that you get struck by lightning is also much higher than the chance of you winning the lottery. It's the truth.

I choose to take this small chance because I simply love Miss controlling me and, since it's online only, I needed something to make it real.

As for the financial domination: that is something that sounds way more scary and irresponsible than it actually is. They just give me an allowance, a way for me to take care of my money and what I spend and they are extremely lenient with what I am allowed. I am actually allowed most things; I just need to ask for it. It's really not about them taking sadistic satisfaction in denying me a pleasant dinner with my friend.

So.... while I appreciate your concern very much and I appreciate critical thinking in general, I think your worries are blown out of proportion. Yes, with great power comes great responsibility and Miss Butterfly has shown time and time again that she can handle it very well and I still feel very happy in this relationship!
    Updated 07-23-2018 at 08:10 AM by Jaro
  4. Old Comment

Little pet, I think it is fair to say that everybody struggles with adulting at times. Everybody is allowed to be grumpy and have an outlet. When I find myself overwhelmed with life, I walk away and take a break. Jaro, Icey and I discuss things and act like adults, even if I don't feel like adulting.

As for my mental heslth, it is under control. I have had issues with anxiety, triggers and depression in the past and sometimes it is still a concern. But again, when I struggle, I take a step back from my position of power and I engage in other outlets. It may not always be healthy (as I still struggle with self harm issues) but I never involve others when I am dealing with that.

Furthermore, blogs like my blog about being grumpy come from partly a place of being little, and I do a good job of separating my little space with Jaro. We have safewords and safeguards in affect for that.

Yes, Jaro and I haven't met in real life. But we are planning on it. I don't see how that changes things? You and Sam haven't even seen each other or spoken to each other and yet you engage in very high risk play. Jaro has a safeword that he can use at anytime, no questions asked and he will walk away from the D/s side or our relationship with no consequences. Icey and I will simply delete all of his material.

Jaro is the one who asked for more power to be taken. Jaro is the one who asked that we take steps to make things more real. IceMaiden and I worked with him to form a plan a way to do this safely.

Yes, this was step one. One step closer to him possibly, one day being exposed. However, as we discussed and reassured Jaro, if we ever do to get the point that we need to expose him, he still has his safeword. If he chooses to continue, it's not like it is we sending a picture of him naked and cuffed to his father and workplace. Just as everything else we have done, it will be carefully discussed and thought out. Calculated carefully. It will likely be a revealing (non face) photo with his real first name placed on getdare for a week.

As for his finances, as I very carefully explained in that blog, Icey and I basically in control of a glorified budget. We get to say no if he wants to buy something frivolous. We aren't taking his money, or preventing him from living comfortably. I think the only thing I have said no to thus far is a haircut. And it was negotiated that he would be allowed to do it a few days later. As for taking further control? That's possible. But we will go slow and discuss it. And again, he can stop at any time if he is done.

And lastly, if something were to happen and I needed to travel thousands of km away to assist Jaro, I would do what I needed to. Its not as if he is a lump of dirt who I don't care about, he is a friend, more than a friend. Almost two years together has created that bond.

I appreciate your concern. I worry about some of the extreme play that orhers engage in on this community as well. However, Jaro, Icey and I have gone to great lengths to make our play as safe as possible. We have safeguards in effect. But alas, there will always be risks. And as long as you are risk aware and all parties consent to those risks and their consequences, there is no harm in going forward. And this is what we have chosen.

I have chosen to write openly about everything we go through because I want people to realiZe that things like blackmail, extreme play, being a mod .... Aren't always glamorous. That you don't have to be perfect. That mistakes can happen. There are risks, there are consequences. And there are ways to play that push the limits while keeping as safe as possible.

And anybody who doesn't care to read about it, can fuck off.
    Updated 07-23-2018 at 08:07 AM by Butterfly
  5. Old Comment

Dear Butterfly,

You’ve done a lot for the getDare community, and with it, you’ve made yourself into a person that people look for as an example figure. I think that a lot of things you do are good, and have served this community well.

This response won’t be the one you might be hoping for though.

What I’ve been reading, has me worried. I have thought about this response carefully. The point of it is not to be nasty. It comes from genuine concern, not in the least place for Jaro. But also for the example you are setting for everyone here. I hope you and other people will read this, and think about it carefully.

——————————

However exciting it may sound, when blackmail starts to become a reality, it could be very destructive to the person subject to it. And to your relationship I would think.

This, coupled with what I read in your findom blog, seems to me a very unhealthy amount of power to hold over someone you haven’t even met in real life.

You’re blogging about taking even further control over his finances. Meanwhile, you also blog about being overwhelmed by all that you take on, about mental health issues, and about “being grumpy” and “not wanting to adult”... And yet you are taking extreme control over an other adult’s life? How is this possible when managing your own life is challenging enough as it is?

You’re thousands of kilometres apart, for fuck’s sake. What are you going to do when you’ve finally exposed Jaro? What if it has some serious bad effects for him?

You’ll be much too far away to help him, or fix things.

I am really, really worried by this.
  6. Old Comment

My highest respect. You are playing very well. I wish you an awesome retrospective (because I guess you will talk a lot as usual because it's necessary).
  7. Old Comment

Titles: Don't call me Miss!

It very much is about the context as well. If somebody calls me Miss while I am on the street, then I know they aren't presuming that I am going to dominant them. However, when somebody starts referring to me as Miss in chat or in a private message, it immediately makes me feel as though as want something from me.

Again, I understand that some communities or relationships use titles as a sign of respect or to make the slave/sub "know their place", but for me it comes counter productive when they don't respect your wishes once they are known.
  8. Old Comment

We Do Disney!!!!

goosebumps all the time, reminds me of better times...
  9. Old Comment

This also goes to how people are introduced / taught. In *some* communities, they do address all dominants as either Sir or Ms. unless the person is the owner, then it is Master or Mistress. (I know that from experience; the community I was in was on LINE.)

Again, though, if someone on there asked not to be addressed like that, you were to respect their wishes; that was just the "default" address. I can understand people having a "default" on here, but if they are told that someone prefers to be addressed in another manner, it should be respected and becomes a failure of the person who is using the title.
  10. Old Comment

I feel like it is a consent thing. I did not consent to be part of your play, so your rules should not apply to me. Also if the rule's purpose is to be respectful, then isn't it not respectful to disobey someone's wishes when they ask for you to refrain from someone? When they tell you to suck it up it is very rude. I know it can be a minor thing depending on the person and the weight they give to titles, but I also feel that it takes away from the word to use Mistress or Sir to refer to everyone. For instance if Butterfly called others Sir, it would take away from the meaning it has with your relationship to Mr. Devious.
    Posted 07-20-2018 at 02:52 PM by Wedgiebondagebabe Wedgiebondagebabe is offline
  11. Old Comment

I hate this SO freaking much!!

When people message me with "Hi Miss...." I immediately go on the defensive because I am not their miss. If they continue after I have pointed that out to them then it's their own fault when they get a bitch rant at them. Only one person can use that title with me and it certainly isn't some random idiot who doesn't respect that I don't want it forced on me.

A long time ago I did a thread that was similar to a vs thread with another gD member. A mutual friend ran it for us and set the tasks and one of the tasks was to address everyone as sir or ma'am...most people were okay with it but there were a few who asked me not to do that - and so I immediately stopped and used their name or screen name. It isn't difficult to respect someone's wishes and it's just a dick move to force things on others.
  12. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Comment
    I know that this blog is directed at the BDSM community, but as a politeness in the vanilla world, are you okay with people using sir / miss / ma'am (notice everyone that I'm using lowercase; this is purely referencing vanilla world not BDSM protocols)?

Just an honest curiosity. I know that some people (in the vanilla world) hate to have those titles used with them while some people are raised being told to always use them as a sign of respect to others.
    I know the question is not directed towards me but want to share my views.

A word can have different meanings/ interpretation and the perceived context in which it is used determines it's interpretation. So when it is used in this site I would always take it as the BDSM meaning of Domme while in the vanilla world I would interpret it in vanilla context and have no issues with the latter. The bias could be in my perception even if the intent of the title user on gd is in the vanilla context. But thats how it is for me and I do not respond well when unsolicited titles are used for me wrt BDSM or on kink sites.
  13. Old Comment

It's a tad sad, but I suspect the people reading this blog post are exclusively those who would not call you any of those titles if you wouldn't want them to.

I tend to just ignore people who ignore me. Works well enough, and, if I'm honest, I don't usually feel like I'm missing out.
  14. Old Comment

Quote:
    Isn't Ms. the short version of miss? (I honestly thought it was...)
    Ms. is generally interpreted as Miz... which I understand to be a term intended to incorporate both the Miss and Mrs courtesies for women without it mattering if they are unmarried or not.

As for people who are required to call others by a title of respect, I have no problem with it as a general rule (I lived for a bit in the American south, where a child failing to address any adult as Sir or Ma'am when responding to a question can merit punishment, so I know it can be powerful and important for some) - - but once someone has asked the person specifically not to address them a certain way, it becomes disrespectful to continue using that title. Therefore, while I think it's a fine rule on its own, anyone who insists their rule to "be polite" overrides an individual's preference, they - - and by extension, their Dominant - - are behaving poorly. Especially in a bdsm context, where titles are often earned by hard work and exceptional care.
  15. Old Comment

Gotcha. Around these parts (southern US), a lot of people say "miss" (or Ms.) when addressing a female or sir when addressing a male. Especially employees to the customers.

Okay. Question asked and answered. Danke!
  16. Old Comment

Quote:
    It is, but is different when it is Miss on its own compared to Ms. (last name).
  17. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    I HATE Ma'am! It makes me feel 70 no matter if it is in the kink community or not.

As for sir and miss, I am still not a fan. I understand if it is used out of respect, and I won't be offended, unless they continue to force that title on me. I would much rather be addressed by Mr. Ms. or Mrs. and my last name if somebody wants to be polite. I will still insist they call me by my first name though.
  18. Old Comment

I HATE Ma'am! It makes me feel 70 no matter if it is in the kink community or not.

As for sir and miss, I am still not a fan. I understand if it is used out of respect, and I won't be offended, unless they continue to force that title on me. I would much rather be addressed by Mr. Ms. or Mrs. and my last name if somebody wants to be polite. I will still insist they call me by my first name though.
  19. Old Comment

I know that this blog is directed at the BDSM community, but as a politeness in the vanilla world, are you okay with people using sir / miss / ma'am (notice everyone that I'm using lowercase; this is purely referencing vanilla world not BDSM protocols)?

Just an honest curiosity. I know that some people (in the vanilla world) hate to have those titles used with them while some people are raised being told to always use them as a sign of respect to others.
  20. Old Comment

Looking for a new sub!

If I'm going to make friends with people, I talk with them on chat first or comment on blogs. Get to know each. Because I don't want people to go "Oh god, why is that weirdo messaging me?" lol
  21. Old Comment

Looking for a new sub!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SubbyFootFetishist View Comment
    I feel like the sort of attitude of the people who PM you sort of fuck up the community as a whole. Like, I want to chat with people, both male AND female, but overall I'm scared to ever message any of the gals on here because I'm worried they'll (understandably so) assume I want something from them.

And then there are the people that take dares and never give them. *sigh*
    I personally try my best to keep an open mind when somebody messages me. Although I am always a bit guarded at first, I do try to feel them out to see what they are hoping to get. It helps when they upfront say "I saw your post on and was interesting in chatting more" or "I have seen you around and you seem nice, I thought maybe we could get to know each other". Those statements help to put me at ease. I also try my best to make it clear at the beginning of talking that I am NOT looking for anybody new and don't want to give out tasks, see their penis, etc.
  22. Old Comment

Looking for a new sub!

I feel like the sort of attitude of the people who PM you sort of fuck up the community as a whole. Like, I want to chat with people, both male AND female, but overall I'm scared to ever message any of the gals on here because I'm worried they'll (understandably so) assume I want something from them.

And then there are the people that take dares and never give them. *sigh*
    Posted 07-16-2018 at 01:53 PM by SubbyFootFetishist SubbyFootFetishist is offline
  23. Old Comment
  24. Old Comment

I am grumpy!

*offers up a Hershey chocolate bar and hot chocolate*
    And for throwing things... *offers up a pillow and a padded room to go berserk in*
  25. Old Comment

Financial Domination/Control

I haven't looked at it from that ankle yet / hardly seen. It takes a lot of time and investment from the dominating/controlling side, so my utmost respect! It showsyou are really taking care of him.

By the way, it sounds very interesting, would be something new to me...