Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
  1. Old Comment

My experience with counselling

We are your Loyal supporters.
    And it sounds like you hit the jackpot (In your area is that hit a gusher?) in this counselor. That's great.

You said: So many people have made similar comments, they have dismissed me because I am smart, and self aware and can communicate well.
    Yeah - but I find that sometimes all of that just means you are therefore more aware of, and feel more helpless to deal with, "this" when you are so competent dealing with "everything else." Again - I am V. happy that she recognizes that you still need some guidance and skills.
    This is great.

For reference: EMDR = Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_mo...d_reprocessing
    Updated 12-13-2018 at 12:36 PM by MarvHarvey
  2. Old Comment

Just a quick "Hi"

Counselling is the best, i hope it helps! It sounds like you're having a busy time. Have a lovely christmas and new year!
  3. Old Comment

Just a quick "Hi"

Hi hi!!
    I have missed the most wonderful and super kind Butterfly as well. Although I am not 9n here all that much myself (the kitty doesn't allow me on the PC much...).

Glad to see that you are doing better. Wish you the best with the surgery and keeping my fingers crossed that you and Mr. Devious have a lot of luck (and fun!) in producing a mini-you.

Merry Christmas!!!!!
  4. Old Comment

Just a quick "Hi"

And another little hi over here! I, too, am still mostly on break from GetDare, but I'm getting better enough to start peeking in again every now and then.

Good luck with the surgery, and a very merry Christmas season to you!
  5. Old Comment

Just a quick "Hi"

Thank you for all of the love <3
  6. Old Comment

Just a quick "Hi"

We all missed you - especially when we started throwing snowballs!
  7. Old Comment
  8. Old Comment

Just a quick "Hi"

You absolutely are someone special. Good luck to you both.
  9. Old Comment

Just a quick "Hi"

Hiiiiiiii Butterfly!
  10. Old Comment

Just a quick "Hi"

You HAVE been missed!

(I naturally miss you for entirely selfish reasons: it is usually you who bring the Christmas cheer to getDare, and getDare that brings the Christmas cheer to my life - - - and as is well known: Santa won't come unless you have that Christmas cheer. And I want Santa to come!)

You sound (read?) cheerful and definitely non-unhappy, so Yay! to that!
  11. Old Comment

Just a quick "Hi"

Hi! You've been missed!

I'm glad you anxiety is going down and hope you can find a balance with the side effects soon.

Good luck with the surgery and the pregnancy efforts.

<3<3<3
  12. Old Comment

All about my feet: For Jaro

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LitDarkness View Comment
    This is adorable and you have pretty feet.
    Thank you, I don't think so, but it is still nice to hear.
  13. Old Comment

This is adorable and you have pretty feet.
  14. Old Comment

Dear Santa ...

Santa's gonna get himself in the naughty list after reading your list and letting his imagination run wild.

Poor Mrs Santa. She wouldn't know what hit her.
  15. Old Comment

Dear Santa ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    Zeus is the brand name
    I know it is, but that doesn't make it sound any less scary.
  16. Old Comment

Dear Santa ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    Zeus electrosex dildo? That sounds really scary, especially the 'Zeus' part!
    Zeus is the brand name
  17. Old Comment

Dear Santa ...

Zeus electrosex dildo? That sounds really scary, especially the 'Zeus' part!
  18. Old Comment

Oh my that's awesome Miss, what a lovely surprise. Thank you!!!

Yes I do love feet and I love looking at yours. You chose well on the polish!

Yes 2 years already, even longer since that first message. How great is that!?
  19. Old Comment

I am okay-ish

I may only be on here when I feel down and I need to talk, at least that is what it seems like lately, but I am still here. I have learned recently that saying you are not okay is actually more freeing than hiding. At least that is what I have learned from my relationship with Nate. He doen't know what to do with me either, so I hope Mr. Devious can take some support in that aspect. Also I hope this doesn't sound demanding and mean, but if I ever ask you how you are, I don't want a lie or a cover story. I want to know because I think of you as a best friend on here and I care about you and seeing how you are doing. We all care about you very much and on very different levels of our relations, but I want you to know how amazing I think you are because I know that is probably the last thing you are thinking. I am also very proud of you because you are doing something I do not have the courage to do and that is to ask for help. I love you and hope to see your cheery energy soon, but only when you are ready. I will also try to get my kik reactivated as well.
    Posted 10-29-2018 at 04:53 AM by Wedgiebondagebabe Wedgiebondagebabe is offline
  20. Old Comment

I am okay-ish

Sometimes we all need to step back from things, even those things we love and enjoy, to clear our heads and gain a sense of perspective.
    It is fair to say from my side, I definitely noticed you stepping back from things and I am sorry to hear all that you have been going through

This site is definitely a group for support, people look out for you here and want to help where they can, I hope you always feel you can talk to us all, even if you don't know what to say, everyone should have the love and comfort that I know I myself have felt on this site.
    We are more than friends here, we are a community and communities stick together during the tough times.

I hope you continue to feel better and have more and more fun as time moves on
  21. Old Comment

I am okay-ish

Thank you all for the wonderful comments and support. It really does help to know that I have people in my corner rooting for me to succeed.
  22. Old Comment

I am okay-ish

It's hard to battle your own demons, because it's hard to even understand yourself, let alone explain to someone, what they are. It's good that you found a psychologist you can talk to freely. It's important to be able to talk things out with someone who is detached an non-judgemental.

I wish you strength, courage and the energy in your battle. You are a wonderful person, and you bring a great deal of energy in to this community. Get well soon.
  23. Old Comment

I am okay-ish

Looks like you have quite the following of friends whom are all fully supportive of you taking as much time as you need.

Glad to hear that things are on the mend and that you've gotten a therapist who is actually helping. I will continue to send you good thoughts and wish you all the best. Take as long as you need, comrade.
  24. Old Comment

I am okay-ish

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marissa353 View Comment
    I am all about giving fully honest responses to "how are you?" It combats the idea that we should constantly be putting on a brave face and also clues you in to who actually wants to know how you are vs those who are just saying it as a nicety.
    Marissa is wise! And this is the truth!

Just for the record, when I ask people how they are doing I am always looking for an honest answer because one of the greatest joys in my life is helping people through hard things!
  25. Old Comment

I am okay-ish

I am all about giving fully honest responses to "how are you?" It combats the idea that we should constantly be putting on a brave face and also clues you in to who actually wants to know how you are vs those who are just saying it as a nicety.

I really look forward to the day you are fully back on gd. However, your presence would be meaningless unless you are here as your full self so I hope you continue to do what you need to do to get there without rushing back.

<3<3<3