Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Sports Blog of the Week: Roger Clemens

Posted 01-17-2008 at 05:04 PM by Manbearpig

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for suggestions, I have taken them all into consideration, but this is a topic I feel I need to write about.

First of all, I hate Roger Clemens before all this stuff came out. If you do not know what I am talking about, the MLB (Major League Baseball) recently came out with the "Mitchell Report," a report of major league baseball players who, in the past, have been caught using steroids. George Mitchell was a former senetor with close ties to major league commisioner Bud Selig (who was recently given an extension, kinda like today ). Well people were hoping that a lot of big names would come out, and there was, but most of the names you expected. Then there was Roger Clemens. Roger has since denied using steroids, but the person who claims he did, Brian Mcabee, has sticked to his story. Mcabee was Roger Clemens trainer at the time he was "using steroids." In the Mitchell report, Brian gave specific dates he injected Roger with steroids. Andy Pettite, another one of Macbee's clients and a former teammate of Roger who was also included in the report, says he was injected. Roger said he was "shocked" to hear this.

Why I care, and many other baseball fans for this matter, is that we all know Roger is lying and he is making a huge deal about it. He is scheduled, along with Macabee and Pettite, to testify before congress. This is a waist of time. Roger Clemens, who has won more Cy Young awards then anyone, has basically blown his shot at the Hall of Fame (unless of course, he can show 100% proof that he has not done steroids). He is just one big loser.
Posted in MBP Sports take
Views 2130 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Let me start by saying that you cant call someone a loser because of how many awards he won. No matter how many people "say" he did something doesnt mean he did it. This is simply a case of heresay. In order for it to be proven, actual proof needs to be shown. The motto in Anmerica is innocent until proven guilty, although that does always seem to be the case. Personally I stopped watching baseball in the mid 90's after the strike and after the braves had their amazing pitching lineup. My most recent fav baseball player would have to be nolan ryan. Just remember though, lots of big name athletes have been caught with using roids along with using things like corked bats and other things. Also take into account that steroids basically came about in the 1930's after years of athletes trying to get an edge dating back to the roman times. I personally do not approve of the use of steroids since it seems to take away from the game. It also caused astericks to be used next to many records that have been set. I think that the asterick is a very good idea in this case and if they player doesnt want it then they shouldnt have used roids.
  2. Old Comment
    I agree with you, most of this is based on total hearsy, however, andy pettite already admitted. i hate writing about steroids in baseball. i am a major baseball fan, and i know it is part of the game*