Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The blog of a sweet bean

Welcome to this kittens blog! Sit back, pop some popcorn,
And enjoy, my fellow freaks and geeks!
Rate this Entry

My python escaped!

Posted 04-09-2018 at 08:04 PM by Twisted Kitten
Updated 04-09-2018 at 08:11 PM by Twisted Kitten

So I have a Ball Python as a pet. Her name is Doopie Noodz, because shes a derpy little danger noodle.
shes so derpy, that she cant seem to get a handle on how to climb things, she always falls off the bed, and falls off her tree.

this is what she looks like.

today was feeding day, so i transferred her to her feeding box, put the mouse in there, she ate it like usual, then just sat there and chilled, like normal. i went to the bathroom, and when i got back to transfer he back to the terrarium, NO SNEK.

she had decided that today was the day she was going to go exploring. so she managed to escape her feeding box, and is now loose in our bedroom somewhere.

I've torn the room apart looking for her, to no avail. luckily, all of our furniture is flush with the floor, so shes not under anything, and shes too fat to fit under any doors. since the doors in and out of the room were all shut, i know she is still in our room. shes been missing for about 6 hours now, and ive set up a heat lamp close to the floor in an attempt to lure her to the heat. but like i said, shes a derp.

shes about 1.8 feet long, and roughly 5 lbs. a smol snek, and our wife is freaking out. she wont go into our room as long as Doopie is loose. i called off work tonight to look for her. however, since she just ate, she is most likely going to be hiding somewhere i wont be able to get her, so it may take a few days before she starts to explore again.

im really worried, because while shes not big enough to eat our cat, our cat is mean enough to try to kill her.

im really worried that Doopie is going to get hurt somehow. so I'm hoping to find her soon.

Ill keep y'all updated, cya later my fellow freaks and geeks!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 117 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This is my worst freaking nightmare! I'd be moving out.
  2. Old Comment
    Sorry to hear that. I had similar fear and trouble everytime my mice escaped.

Have you found her now? Please tell us whenever you do. We are worried with you.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassandra View Comment
    Have you found her now? Please tell us whenever you do. We are worried with you.
    Sadly no. It's been about 13.5 hours, she's still missing. I've gotten at least half the Lau dry done tho, so there's now significantly less places for her to hide.

Im gonna cry if I find her dead in a corner. But I'd also laugh if I only find her, after all the laundry is done and our room is spotless clean. Like, I can't belive it took my snake getting loose to clean my room. Wtf.
    Posted 04-10-2018 at 03:26 AM by Twisted Kitten Twisted Kitten is offline
  4. Old Comment
    I am sure you will find her. Keep the doors shut so the kitty can't interfere. You got this!
  5. Old Comment
    You will understand if most of us decide not to drop in for a visit....
  6. Old Comment
    Hope you find her. She is adorable. And sneaky apparently.

What if she only escaped to get you to clean your room?