Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Wasting my time ....

Posted 01-11-2018 at 04:13 PM by Butterfly
Updated 03-15-2018 at 07:30 PM by Butterfly

I try not to take things too seriously on getDare. I try to have realistic expectations ... I know that when I give out a dare or task, it may not be completed like I wanted, or at all. I most times will not receive a report.

I knew that going into the Rule Society that Asslvr and I started. The way it works is that people who may not be in relationships but still want to be held accountable for rules, can apply and we will help negotiate some rules with them and then enforce them for a period of time.

It takes us time to come up with individualized rules for each individual who applies, and we have at least 5 people participating at all times. Instead of spending time in little space, or doing play time, or watching netflix and cuddling, we sit down and go through somebodys application, come up with 5 unique, individualized rules and then message the application to start the negotiation process.

That person has plenty of opportunity to negotiate the terms of the rules, to say "Hey, this rule just doesn't work because of my living situation" or "This rule feels more like a punishment". They can tell us if the rules need to be harder or easier, or if they want more or less.

However, we once we agree to them, and we have agreed on length of time that they will be followed, I expect that person to follow through.

Of course I expect some people to dissapear after agreeing. I expect some people to break rules just to get punished. I also expect people to not send reports when they are supposed.

But what I don't appreciate, is when somebody quits on day 1 because things are too hard and they don't want to negotiate. Then, the whiney olive head (it's a little day so I am not allowed to swear) messages me a week or two later, asking if they can join the waiting list again.

When I calmly explain to them that I am not interested in working with them again, they try to guilt me into making an exception. When I DO make an exception and tell them they can try again in 3 months, and they continue to be a liquorice face, I get frustrated.

I do not want to waste my time with this unicorn poop!

Thankfully we have a few wonderful members participating in our rule society right now, because those people are who make it worth it!
Views 735 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Sorry to hear that some rotten apples have really begun to stink. :-( That is awesome that you and Asslvr are working to help the people without Owners, though.

I hope you continue to work with the new people. True, there will be the people who don't live up to the expectations, but the ones who do definitely put a highlight in the day.

Maybe ask Asslvr if you can draw out your frustrations or something. Might help. Maybe.

*puts a gold star on your post*
  2. Old Comment
    Happens all the time. You do it totally right, Butterfly. Seperate the rotten pieces from all the goid worth the effort.

@folks: think twice. Commit and report properly. There's lways spa e to communicate when or if you have problems. But if you disappoint too much, you are off. People giving dares are much rarer than people wanting dares, especially awesome persons like Butterfly. Don't waste your chances.
  3. Old Comment
    It's an awesome thread and concept. I think the ones who do take it seriously appreciate it all that you guys do!

The ones who don't; don't deserve second chances, in my books.
  4. Old Comment
    You're awsome in everything you do Princess and that includes this thread. It bugs me as well when people can't take things seriously when they are clearly meant to and can't take no for an answer.

I'm sorry you had to experience that Princess. I hope you only get good people from now on!
  5. Old Comment
    That is why I have a ban list for people who post in my denial thread and don't follow rules or keep the denial. I would have told them no. You are too gorgeous and amazing to deal with people like that. Lecture aside...

I cannot believe people try to guilt trip. *Hugs* You are one of the most engaged people on this website that I know. I know you always try to helps and give all you can to other people. You my darling are under appreciated in so many ways.
    Posted 01-12-2018 at 04:32 AM by Wedgiebondagebabe Wedgiebondagebabe is offline
  6. Old Comment
    I agree with Aimee, why should someone get a second chance when they never even tried? And why should they get two chances before others have even had one? Pretty selfish IMO. Sorry but quitting on day 1 is ridicolous, even more so when you consider they could have always come to you or asslvr and said hey you know what I don't think this rule will work can we adjust it?

And as for the whole trying to guilt trip you....... you've always been very clear you have a busy life outside of the site and do as much as you can on the site too, so wasting your time/taking up your time when you could be doing something else then trying to guilt you into giving another chance? Nah that doesn't fly. I wouldn't have even offered another chance in 3 months, or ever.
  7. Old Comment
    Liquorice face????
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbusiveMaster View Comment
    Liquorice face????
    I was not allowed to say naughty words on a little day, so another little friend of mine and I decided that we would replace naughty words with foods we found disgusting, like liquorice or olives.