Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Case of the blahs

Posted 10-18-2017 at 10:49 AM by Butterfly
Updated 03-15-2018 at 07:39 PM by Butterfly

People frequently ask me how I am. For some people it is just a common courtesy,
I work at the front desk of a Church afterall,
and so a lot of the time, I just say "Good, how are you?" I think a lot of the time, we ask how somebody is just as a courtesy, to be polite,
and we don't expect a response other than "fine",
"well" or "good".

But lately I don't feel fine, well or good. I just feel bleh.

I go through phases like this, and I usually chalk it up to being too busy or going through a particularly stressful time. Most recently it was wedding stress, and then being busy getting ready for our holidays, but now I don't really have a reason.

Maybe it is just post vacation blues ... trying to settle back into a regular routine. Maybe it is the 3 funerals we have at the church this month. Maybe it is just being rundown and tired. Maybe it is the struggle I am having finding a Dom ... I wish I knew.

I just feel sluggish, unmotivated, tired, grumpy, irritable ... and anxious. I have this tightness in my chest that seems to pop up. I feel like something is sitting on me, or squeezing me. It is an overwhelming feeling.

And it just makes me feel bleh!

Yesterday I didn't even want to go painting with my best friends, and that is something that usually really excites me, and usually makes me feel better.

Maybe it is depression, or maybe it is anxiety. Maybe I should be talking to my doctor and getting some medication. Or maybe I need to spend more time on self care.

I guess it just makes me feel a little lost.

People ask me how I am, and I don't know how to answer. I can be honest, and say I feel bleh, but then there are follow up questions and I don't know how to answer.

So I am doing well. I am fine. I am good.

Views 485 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Nothing wrong with feeling bleh. These phases happen. Personally, I find that when these moods strike, some "me" time is necessary. Curl up under a blanket with a good book or popcorn and a movie. Light incense or a candle. Take a bubble bath. Listen to relaxing music. You'll find yourself on the other end of the bleh tunnel before long. :-)
  2. Old Comment
    Oh I know that feeling well! I get like that too, and have to admit, I usually am not truthful if asked and say that I'm fine even if not. One, to avoid the follow up questions and also so as not to appear attention seeking or to make people feel sorry for me. I also feel people would get bored or fed up if I told them each time I was down lol So I tend to avoid chat or social interaction during these times. (other than with close friends/family)
  3. Old Comment
    Thanks from another Bleh-feeling person,
    really apreciated this blog .
    Posted 10-19-2017 at 01:59 PM by SissyPrincess_Jenny SissyPrincess_Jenny is offline