Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

What's the rush?

Posted 06-14-2017 at 10:29 AM by Butterfly
Updated 03-15-2018 at 07:44 PM by Butterfly

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that jump into a cold body of water head first, and those that dip their toe in, and then slowly take one step at a time until they are all the way in.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both:

When you jump in head first, it can sometimes be a shock to your system, but it goes away really quickly and you get to start to enjoy yourself a lot quicker. However, if it is too much of a shock to your system (ie. if it is too cold), you may injure yourself, get cramps or you can drown. Also, if you have never been to that body of water before, it could be too shallow or there could be jagged rocks. You are jumping in blind and anything can happen.

When you go slow and acclimate yourself to the water, it can take a long time. You have to stay back while others are having fun. You spend a lot more time being cold as you slowly try to get used to the water. But in the end, you stay safe, and have just as much fun as the other people. Plus, you usually can last longer because there was not as much shock to your system and you didn't get injured.

So why am I talking about swimming?

Because it is a great metaphor for D/s relationships.

The internet can be a scary place. We are putting our trust into people we don't know. They could be anybody. Thankfully, most of the people we meet are decent human beings. Even the ones who are bullies or ass holes can be decent people. They may not be evil. But there are few people out there who will prey on people.

Some people will try to find out information about you and use it against you, some may want to just get off. Some may hurt you financially by asking for money, while others may hurt you emotionally by bullying or abusing you.

Sometimes, no matter how much you trust somebody, you can still get hurt. However, going slowly eliminates a lot of the risk.

The people who are just looking for a quick payoff, don't normally have the patience to wait around to get to know you.

Take your time.

Go slow. Be cautious.

Let the build up, the anticipation, be a part of the experience.

Views 1447 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Great advice. I totally agree.
  2. Old Comment
    Silly butterflies being afraid of a little drop of water, come in and join us bears the water is lovely!!

On a serious note though well said and thought out post
  3. Old Comment
    Excellent blog butterfly.. I have nothing more to add as what you said here is perfect!
  4. Old Comment
    Great blog, listen to these wise words and tread lightly. Also, I can second that,take it from someone who's been burned and went head-on many times before.
    Posted 06-14-2017 at 12:35 PM by Grand.Master691 Grand.Master691 is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tease View Comment
    Silly butterflies being afraid of a little drop of water, come in and join us bears the water is lovely!!

On a serious note though well said and thought out post
    This right here is all the warning people should need to stay out of the water altogether!
  6. Old Comment
    That bear really scares me. I have habits of jumping in head first. I've gotten hurt and had to learn the hard way. Great post butterfly.