Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rate this Entry

Nightmares and Daydreams

Posted 07-24-2015 at 12:51 AM by techiegirl
Tags rants, techie

Maybe it should be day stallions (cuz night mares, god I'm hilarious)

So, today, I had a very long conversation about nightmares, specifically, my nightmares. I get them pretty often, but less than I did in high school.

The conversation kind of started because I had a nightmare a couple days back and it ended in sleep paralysis, which was not fun by any stretch of the imagination.

But still, I don't view that night as one of my worst nightmares, although I don't remember having dealt with sleep paralysis before, so that bumps up the intensity quite a bit.

After describing my dream and then stating that it wasn't too horrible, I was met with concern and amazement. Mostly concern that I was either downplaying it or concern that it truly wasn't one of my worst nightmares.

I guess that was a weird enough concept to me that I felt the need to make a blog entry about it. Everyone has nightmares and I didn't wake up yelling or having a rush of adrenaline, so it wasn't horrendous in my book. Not great, obviously, but I've had worse. I suppose that's my mentality.

I've had worse, so I just kind of suck it up. I don't know why I have all my nightmares, but I do know the cause of most of them. Is it then odd that I don't find them disturbing anymore?

I mean, they are disturbing. Horrible things happen that make me afraid to sleep, but explaining one of my dreams, the reaction I got surprised me. I've become desensitized to them, so are they really nightmares anymore?
Posted in Personal
Views 1053 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Everyone has nightmares. Everyone has dreams. The key factor, is from what causes them or created them in each person. So may circumstances are that reason, from background, stress, just so many things in which people hide deep down inside themselves. You are not alone. It is just how you are able to deal with them and handle them.
  2. Old Comment
    Sleep paralysis is frightening.

[I wrote something more here, but I didn't like it, so I shortened it quite a bit, sorry]