Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 7 votes, 4.29 average.

People fall in love in mysterious ways

Posted 04-04-2015 at 08:27 AM by Butterfly
Updated 04-04-2015 at 09:01 AM by Butterfly

Love is so wonderful and amazing and it really is magical, especially because it can be so unexpected.

I have really learned over the last year, that we can't help who we fall in love with. A year ago, I was engaged to a man who I had been dating for 6 years. We had a cute love story, but eventually I realized, that I was just pretending to be happy. I cared about him a lot, but I didn't love him. I wasn't being true to myself by being with him. So I took a huge risk and I started over.

Part of the finding myself process, was coming on getDare to explore my submissive side. Very quickly I met Asslvr. I have had Doms before, and they lasted a few weeks and either I got bored, they left without another word, or it just didn't click, but nothing was long term. That is what I was expecting when I posted my ad. I thought I could play with my submissive side a bit, and then move on. But my life changed forever on June 19 last year when my future best friend messaged me.

I want to say, that I have never believed in soul mates or fate or anything of that nature. But I am pretty convinced of it now.

When Asslvr and I started talking, there was an instant connection. We didn't even talk about BDSM for the first few days. We mostly talked about our life: hobbies, interests, quirks, struggles, hopes and dreams. I felt so safe with him immediately.

We had a lot of weird "coincidences" that happened in the early part of our relationship as well. Things that really helped me believe that this was meant to happen at this time in our lives. Things that made me believe in destiny and fate.

Asslvr really is my best friend. He is the person that I go to when I am crying and want to run away from everybody else. He makes me stronger, braver and happier than I have ever been.

I wasn't looking for a relationship so soon after my engagement ended, but it just happened, and it happened with somebody I found online. Somebody who lives across the country from me.

A lot of people doubt that you can fall in love with somebody online, but to them I say *stick out tongue*. I know what I feel, and so does Asslvr. We both felt things for each other we never experienced before. I had been engaged, but I don't think I loved my ex as much as I loved Asslvr after only a month of meeting each other.

We talked on the phone nearly 6 hours a day for a month, and then Asslvr had to go away for a weekend, and it is then, through that time apart, that we realized we truly had feelings for each other. We were falling in love. So on July 23rd, I admitted I loved him, and he finally admitted the same on July 25th (men are slow :P).

Even though we hadn't even discussed meeting in person, I knew I was in love. I want to stress this part, because it is the part that is the most magical to me, but it is also the part that gets the most criticism.

People think you can't fall in love with somebody without meeting them in person, but I know that isn't true. Asslvr and I spent more time together over the phone than I did in person with my best girl friend or my family. We talked about things that I have never talked about with anybody else. We got to the point where we could read the subtle nuances in each others voice or demeanor.

We eventually did meet in person, and it was magical. It was a short trip and we did a lot of things together, but it took some time to adjust to being in person, and we didn't have nearly as much time as we would have liked.

We planned a second trip, and again it was way too short. We had also put WAY too much pressure on each other to make it such an amazing trip, and because of the pressure we put on ourselves, we lost that romantic spark. At this point we knew that in order for our relationship to grow, one of us would have to move. But it was a big risk to take considering the lack of spark .... so instead we decided to take a break and I started dating again.

The problem was, I compared everybody to Asslvr and nobody was living up to him. He is just incredible. Even as just my friend, he cared more, and said sweeter things than any of the guys I met. I realized he was my soul mate and I wouldn't be able to move on without one more chance with him ... and so I flew to see him.

This time we made very few plans and tried not to have any expectations. We also focused the trip on our friendship and D/s relationship, in order to let the romantic relationship space to grow if it was meant to be. However,by the second half of our trip, I knew I was in love with him and couldn't deny it anymore. I asked Asslvr if he would go on a date with me and we did and it was magical.

That was the experience we needed to encourage us to take the risk. And so, for the second time in the last year, I am taking a huge risk. I have now put a deposit on movers and I am moving across the country to be with him. He comes here to be with me on June 19, one year from the day we first started talking.

This is our love story and to me it is magical. There have been ups and downs, but we have never given up on each other. I can't wait to see what is in our future together, but I truly believe, if its possible, that it will be even more magical than the past year.

People really do fall in love in mysterious ways. Love finds you at unexpected times in your life, and not all love looks the same. We live in a time where the internet makes it possible for us to connect to people we never had a chance of meeting 20 years ago. It is only natural that we could meet somebody on the other side of the country or the other side of the world and fall in love with them. Who knows if it is a love that will turn into marriage, etc. but love is love and no matter how short or fleeting, it is always better to have love and lost than never loved at all, so take a risk and open your heart and ignore the people who don't think it is possible. They are the ones who are truly missing out.

I, for one, cannot wait to start my life with my best friend, lover, Dom and soulmate. <3

Ps. Thank you to all the people who have supported both of us through this journey.
Views 886 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    That is adorable, im really happy for you two!
  2. Old Comment
    So cute!!! hehehe so happy for you <3 d'Aww you'll make me happy cry :')
  3. Old Comment
    You're absolutely right, Butterfly! You can fall in love over great distances, with just two screens and the internet between you. Or phones, those help! Six hour phone calls are awesome and you get to focus just on talking! In fact... there are advantages to this way of falling in love. You don't just have the physical thing and that means you get to know each other intimately on a whole other level.
    Go Asslvr and Butterfly! I'm rooting for the two of you all the way!
  4. Old Comment

I love this so much! I am ecstatic for you both, and so, so, so excited for whatever is to come - you are both wonderful, lovely people, and you absolutely have a magical story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us

I completely agree that you can fall in love with someone online. Our bodies are just one part of our whole person; we fall in love through our souls, our mind, will, emotions, and while we can express that physically, I don't believe the core of love exists in our physicality.

PS: I read this earlier this morning, and thought it was so fitting after what you wrote:

Posted 04-04-2015 at 01:10 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
    Updated 04-04-2015 at 01:13 PM by naughtylittlegirl
  5. Old Comment
    What a beautiful blog. I'm so happy for the both of you it's a remarkable feeling when you find someone that you connect so well with that you can read each others thoughts, who is so completely in tune with your own thoughts and desires and with whom every passing second feels like a magical lifetime.

It's so hard when you find that to be apart from one another so I'm really happy that you are moving to be with each other and to give love a chance to flourish further.

You know if you need the support that I shall be here as always to do what I can for you both. Congratulations once more and remember the first baby is called Yogi :P
  6. Old Comment
    When that long process starts! You truly don't know what will happened. But, if you talk, listen, share, open up to how you feel. Then all the doors will open up to you. Yet, that trust can slowly build into your heart, emotions and out of the blue. I am very happy for the both of you. That road that you both have discovered together. Good lucky to what is waiting ahead for a solid couple.
  7. Old Comment
    OMG! Wow!! I am so happy for you two! and it is the hard times that truly show how much you mean to each other! YAY!!
  8. Old Comment
  9. Old Comment
    I'm sorry it took so long to get back to all of your comments. I love the show of love and support you always give me, and us. Our journey together would never have been the same if it weren't for all you wonderful people. So thank you again. I love you all.