Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Boston

Posted 04-15-2013 at 08:07 PM by Manbearpig

Before I start writing, I just want to express my thoughts and prayers go out to all of those effected by what happened in Boston today. I know we have a bunch of users from that general area, and I just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers and I am sure the prayers (or thoughts) of others on this website. I don't know what is going to come out of this post, so I wanted to make sure I put that first.

What happened in Boston today not only sickened me, but left me very sad and angry. I am not sure at who in particular. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack yet, but regardless of who did it, whether it be domestically or abroad, are sick individuals.

Why this strikes close to home for me in particular is the running aspect. Before injuries, as some long time users might know, I used to be an avid runner. As I have stated before, running has helped me in the worst of times. There is a certain aspect while running that is relaxing. It calms you. And not only were these people running, these were the best runners in the world. To think that many of the people injured or killed were either runners or family members of runners, it strikes close to home. In particular, two people that I know were affected by this. A former classmate of mine was at the hotel that is nearby the bombing site and a high school friend of mine mom had just crossed the finish line half an hour before the bombs went off.

Not only does this kind of stuff make me angry, but the people who try to exploit people at times like this. Within an hour of the attack, a website was set up asking for donations. But it was a fake website. The fucking nerve of some people to take advantage at the worst time possible.

But while a lot of bad happened today, some good came out of this. A lot of people came to help. Sadly, some of the very first people to help were hurt by the second bomb that went off, as has been seen in the past overseas. But regardless, people helped, even after knowing they were still danger. I am going to end this blog with a quote from one of my favorite people growing up.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1462 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments