Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Tiger

Rate this Entry

Last Day of Work

Posted 12-24-2010 at 10:32 AM by Tiger

Wednesday was my last day of work. I cannot work there anymore unless I apply to be a lead teacher. I had to say goodbye to all the children and I cried.

On the way home, I was thinking about all the things that work had taught me this year. I bonded with one child with a disability and I worked one-on-one with him most of the semester. He has taught me a lot. One of the major things that he has taught me was how much patience I actually have. When he would have a temper tantrum because I would not let him do something dangerous, I would patiently wait it out until he finished. He would then come to me for a hug and be with me the rest of the day. I also learned how it felt when parents drop off their children and have to leave but their child starts crying and not wanting them to go. He would do this to me everytime he was upset and I had to leave. I would stay as long as I could but I felt terrible when I had to get him to let go of me and walk out the door. It broke my heart when as soon as the door closed, I hear him screaming.

I will really miss all those children but there are more children out there that need me. I can still go back and visit them whenever I would like to.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3045 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments