Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

What an odd day

Posted 08-07-2010 at 08:49 PM by Manbearpig

(Warning: Contains some religion. If you don't like religion, might get offended or hate me to the core, I advice you don't read. Oh, and Metalgreek, if you happen to read this, read the last paragraph)

Today was truly one of those odd days everyone has now and then. When I went for a bike ride today, and some little two year old on training wheels for what ever reason gave me the dirtiest look in the world and then for whatever reason, started saying Mister, mister. And as I was riding away (I didn't realize he was calling for me), he talked to his parent or guardian or whatever and she was like, oh the boy who just rode passed. I have no idea what the hell that was about. I just found it odd.

While I was on my bike ride, for whatever reason (I think it was something that happened at work yesterday) I really started to think hard about my ex-high school sweetheart. We were never boyfriend/girlfriend, but we were very close friends. Things kept going my way, but then things just didn't really work out well. I don't want to get into full details. It is tough to think about. But it was very odd since there have been 4 girls since then in various ways/friendships/relationships (plus the one from last summer I wrote about earlier this summer in a blog) and really haven't thought much about since I last saw her and really talked to her last July. I was just a very odd and very strange feeling...

Finally, while at Church today (turn back now if you are going to be angry at me for posting something religious), there was something that actually made sense. Some of you might remember I had been bashing the Catholic Church this summer for various odd reasons (that made sense to myself at least; maybe not others). Anyways, the priest said something along the lines instead of worrying about what you can and cannot do, the various punishments for your sins and what-not, wouldn't it be better to spend that time finding God and searching for him in signs and stuff (something I am a big believer in). What surprised me the most that it wasn't a new up and coming, 20 something year old priest. It was a very old one...one who was around before Vatican 2 when the Church still spoke Latin at masses and did other various strange things. I just surprised me it was him (let alone any Catholic priest) saying this and not some crazy, cooky, religion teacher that I totally agree with .

(No longer religious) Also, while at mass, some little kid was fascinated with my car keys. Not exactly sure why.

Finally, I had gyros today. It was delicious.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1316 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Good blog post MPB.
    Loke approves of this. I don't know why, he just does.

Thanx loke. I just edited your blog comment
  2. Old Comment

(padding, padding)
  3. Old Comment
    Perhaps the boy thought you were going to run him down, and was going to tell you off. Perhaps your fly was down or your butt exposed.

Your first girlfriend always sticks in your mine, even after splitting and having others. They are the ones you measure the others by. I guess you also form a stronger emotional attachment, later, having been hurt, you don't get so emotionally close.

If you are in a lifestyle that you believe is not right before God, then worrying about the possible future outcome will not always stop you sinning, and even if it does, you stop through fear. On the other hand if you work at developing a closer relationship with God, then you'll find it easier to lead a better lifestyle because you just want to please Him. In doing this you find that the things you once did just don't seem important any more. An analogy, if your bad at heart but behave because your parents will punish you, then what happens when they are not around. Is not acting bad the same as being good, no, it is in the head. But if you love your parents and are good because you don't want to disappoint them, etc, then even when they are not around, your going to be good, because it is in your heart to be so.

All little kids love car keys, they rattle and flash and jingle etc.