Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average.

Alright

Posted 06-26-2010 at 08:26 PM by lokelake

A lot of you will probably disagree, but that's fine.

You heard of MBP's beliefs about the Church and stuff, well, here is mine. Since he can state his, I think everyone, should be able to too.

This is the Catholic Church.

The Church does a lot of traditions. I don't believe the Church should be doing traditions.

The Church prays to Marry. I don't believe the Church should do that.

The Church complains about money and the fact that there are not many people who goes to mass. I believe the Church shouldn't worry about that.

The Church believes that their priests has the title "Father." I don't believe they should be called "Father".

The Church is considering women being priests. I don't believe in that.

I do like about the Church, which I do believe in: They don't believe in gay marriage, they don't believe in abortion or divorcement. They worship Jesus and God during Mass, they have communion, they have a sermon, sing songs, and probably other stuff which I can't think of right now.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2340 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Just out of curiosity, why do you not believe in traditions and praying to Mary? I agree with all following then until the Gay Marriage and abortions and then I agree with the rest of it.
  2. Old Comment
    Yes...lots of traditions. All are in accordance to the Bible. Kinda hard to argue with God, imo.
    Catholics don't pray -to- Mary. We ask her to assist us in developing a closer relationship to Christ and God, as she had done in her lifetime. (Who better to ask for assistance in the development of a parent/child relationship than Christ's own mother?)
    Unfortunately, the Church has bills to pay and considering the only -jobs- they have is providing spiritual guidance to their followers, providing community services to those who are in need of assistance, and other such functions....they are heavily reliant on the donations of their followers. This goes for all churches (that I know of) and not just the Catholic church. Um....the reason why the church worries about attendance is because their main, primary functions are to spread the word of God and help lead souls into heaven. How can they do that if people don't go to church or don't listen to the word? >_>
    The Catholic church is -not- considering allowing women to be priests. That would be blasphemy.

That's just my two cents worth. Take it or leave it for what it is. Religion is an extremely touchy subject and one that usually leads to heated arguments. You're entitled to your beliefs but don't be surprised if people disagree with you. Friendly tip...when making claims that about the purpose, scope, or actions of a religious organization....try to have the facts instead of stuff you -think- is true. Bit of research is helpful if you're going to claim these actions to be truths.

Disclaimer: These are solely my opinions. No offense is intended.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Comment
    Just out of curiosity, why do you not believe in traditions and praying to Mary? I agree with all following then until the Gay Marriage and abortions and then I agree with the rest of it.
    The Church puts a huge emphasis on Mary. Which should be for God and Jesus instead. Yes, there should be some emphasis because she brought Jesus into the world. And mother of God!?! No one is the mother of God. Yeah, thats another thing I dont believe in.

Remember, I an 100% Bible literal, and Jesus always condemned traditions.

I need to ask you a question: I thought all Catholic Churches have priests?
  4. Old Comment
    @cherrybomb

The Church shouldn't worry about money Jesus even said not to.

The Church should be happy of those who are currently present and encourage others to attend not to complain that not many people attends mass.

My Catholic Church is considering women to be Priests.

Another thing with Mary, the Church has a tenancy to want to worship her, which is not good.
  5. Old Comment
    Do you know -why- Jesus said not to worry about money? Because all of their needs would be provided to them by -their followers-.

Fortunately, the Catholic church goes by Christ's teachings and actively seeks to spread the word of God -because- Jesus 'said so'.

I, personally, would stop attending that Church since it seems to me that it will most likely break away from the traditional Roman Catholic Church. (This, by the way, wouldn't be the first time it's happened, if it does.)

Allow me to reiterate...the Catholic Church does -not- worship Mary in any way. (Read my previous post and if you don't understand it, then perhaps you should do some research of your own.)

Anyway...while I don't agree with your views, I will say one more thing.

I'll pray for you.

<3
  6. Old Comment
    You dont even know what Church I go to, lol.

I go to a PNCC (look that up)

The particular PNCC I go at, is how the Roman Catholic Church used to do it, until many changed their ways to do the mass.

My dad worries about money, even though he shouldn't. He even says he shouldn't. But why does he worry? Because he is not perfect. He does try not to worry.

My Church broke away from the Roman Catholic Church.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    I do like about the Church, which I do believe in: They don't believe in gay marriage, they don't believe in abortion or divorcement.
    Actually, I do believe the Bible says divorce is ok in some circumstances like cheating on your partner.
  8. Old Comment
    I just skimmed through the above comments, and I didn't see this, so I'll say it. The reason that the Catholic Church is considering ordaining woman priests has nothing to do with them favoring equality. There just aren't enough men wanting to be priests anymore. So it's more of a last resort than anything else.
  9. Old Comment
    Three questions:

Why not pray to Mary?

What's wrong with tradition?

What's wrong with female priests? (sounds like sexism to me and isn't the church all about not judging others? d:

LOL, I added this part

STOP MESSING WITH MY POSTS! ><
    Updated 08-16-2010 at 09:41 PM by momo