Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Whatchu talkin bout willis? (Rant, offensive maybe)

Posted 05-28-2010 at 11:25 PM by Manbearpig

Ok ok we all know Gary Coleman died. People are treating this as if the president got shot. People honestly need to settle the fuck down. This was a guy from a television show that really wasn't any good and had one fairly amusing quote.

I will be honest, it pisses me off when people put so much emotional investment on a person who didn't do anything for their life but entertain. Michael Jackson, a great singer, but a f***in creep among creep. Lance Armstrong; great, he runs a great foundation but an asshat and a cheater (don't argue with me that he didn't cheat, not in the mood). Gary Coleman, domestic issues, ran a joke of a political campaign to try to become the governor of California (although he isn't the only person to be mad at for that ). Now don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for these people and respect what they went through (well Armstrong anyways) and feel sorry for his children (especially MJ's).

What I listed above is only the tip of the iceberg. What really angers me is why can't people pay the same amount of respect towards that school teacher who always helped that student? Or a soldier fighting for his/her country? Or that celebrity who took time out of their lives to help other people? Or even that old man across the street that would watch the house when you were gone or something simple like that? Sure their funerals are full of people who really cared for them, but will a news channel pause their coverage to cover that? Nope.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't hate celebrities. I don't hate people who feel bad after their favorite movie actor or sports player died. I would lying to all of you if I haven't felt bad after a sports legend or movie star died. But on the news tomorrow and they are talking about deaths, which one will you feel worse for: Someone who only cared about money and fame, or the soldier or teacher who could care less about those two things...

(Author's note about your feelings: If you don't like my opinions, though. Like I said earlier, I respect your opinion, but nothing you say or call me will change my feelings. If you think I am a cruel heartless bastard, I respect it and quite honestly, could care less)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1059 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I disagree with your comment about MJ, but each to their own. I do, however, agree with this:

Sure their funerals are full of people who really cared for them, but will a news channel pause their coverage to cover that? Nope.

The only time the news covers that sort of thing is when a child dies accidently or something, and even then it's only on the news local to the area.

I reckon that people need to stop looking at the bigger picture and focus on the details; ie - they need to stop caring about folk who never cared about them and focus on those that do.
    Posted 05-29-2010 at 02:04 AM by CollaredBlondie CollaredBlondie is offline