Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MG BLog

Tis my blog :3
Rate this Entry

maybe a job!

Posted 01-13-2010 at 02:59 PM by MetalGreek

Haha ok so today i was buying some chai tea from starbucks when i was trying to find a place to work to earn more money since "someone" will not do that for me anymore. And it hit me! I could try working at strbucks! the metro busses lead right to the area, it's close to home. I love coffee and you only need to be sixteen to work there! And my birthday is next month so thats perfect! the only real problem is my Dad, he doesn't want me getting a job and all...maybe i could trick him into thinking it's his own idea? Or hell maybe just flat out tell him that i want to work and that since he wont pay i will make it myself? I don't know, but hell it'd be amazing if that could happen
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1456 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Why doesn't your dad want you getting a job?

o_O
    Posted 01-13-2010 at 03:00 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Idk he thinks that i'll move out or some shit if i get enough money (which atm i probably would lol)
  3. Old Comment
    That's odd though innit. Most parents can't wait for their kids to get a job.
    Posted 01-13-2010 at 03:13 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  4. Old Comment
    haha i know. but he also says that it may effect my school work and shit..which is untrue considering that i only study like two hours a night and get straight A's now
  5. Old Comment
    MG,

IMHO, if it doesn't affect your grades--which should be paramount--then go for it! Financial freedom, regardless of how little it may be, is a blessing. Besides, it'll get you out of the house! I have a feeling that you'll be much happier...

Just remember, a few dollars an hour is NOT worthwhile to sacrifice your grades for! Your GPA and SAT/ACT score will have big impact on where you can go for college, and THAT will have permanent impact on your accomplishments and career!

Good luck & take care, sweetie
    Ash
  6. Old Comment
    Haha thanks ash! Idk the pay exactly but it should be good, plus it's only a maybe considering my dad has like jurisdiction over my life apparently :[