Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

UK's Wetness

Posted 12-15-2009 at 11:28 AM by lokelake

I think I know why it rains so much in the UK for.

First of all, the entire Island is surrounded by water on all sides. When the wind blows over water, it helps to carry moisture. Since there is water on all sides of the UK, and since all the countries are not very far from the water, which ever direction the wind blows from, it can easily carry moisture all across the UK.

If a wind comes from the south (it blows to the north), then there is far less water the wind can work with. So therefore, the chances of rain is far less from a south wind.

The wind would need to blow from the land and out to sea, to also decrease rain chances. But since the wind can change direction anytime, and with more directions favored for rain, the chances for rain is great over there.

There, now since I explained why it rains so much there, maybe you guys wont hate the UK as much, lol.

This is my non-expert take on it. I would if I were you, contact a professional about it.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1784 Comments 10
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It doesn't rain as much as people say. It's almost a stereotype in that people just associate rain with the UK.
    Posted 12-15-2009 at 12:01 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Comment
    It doesn't rain as much as people say. It's almost a stereotype in that people just associate rain with the UK.
    Oh, from what I heard, I was thinking it rains almost every single day.
  3. Old Comment
    That's what people think. Maybe it's our fault for being so moany, maybe it's just a common link. But it's not that bad. Yeah, it's rained a lot recently but it is winter soooo
    Posted 12-15-2009 at 12:07 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Yeah, we moan a lot when it does rain. But it doesn't rain that much.
  5. Old Comment
    I spent New Years in Scotland & later London a few years back and it rained/snowed a fair bit. It was not so much that you couldn't enjoy yourself though. More rain than Southern California but not an insane amount in my extremely limited exposure.
  6. Old Comment
    It doesn't rain a lot it just doesn't have a season when theres no rain, so it will rain in the summer it will rain in the winter etc, but it doesn't rain alot, hence why when it does rain a lot we are unprepared and floods happen.

I thought you liked weather, you should know this..
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dice7 View Comment

I thought you liked weather, you should know this..
    Yes. That's why I tried to explain it's wetness.
  8. Old Comment
    Yeah, well. Have you ever been in a monsoon prone, tropical island? :P It rains JUST THAT MUCH over here. On really bad days we get 50 ft tsunamis
  9. Old Comment
    someone was listening in geography class
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by depp View Comment
    I spent New Years in Scotland & later London a few years back and it rained/snowed a fair bit. It was not so much that you couldn't enjoy yourself though. More rain than Southern California but not an insane amount in my extremely limited exposure.
    How did you like Scotland and London depp? What did you go there for?

Did you went to advertise getdare there?
    Updated 12-16-2009 at 11:41 AM by lokelake