Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 10-29-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
Bloxo
getDare Devil

Default GetDare book report + Prize

What’s the worst thing when you are trying to get a proper nights sleep?”
Insomnia and getting an idea stuck in your head...

Thus is born the GetDare book report thread!

So...the premise is this, I want to read a book review...this can be any book and read at any time by you, could be your favourite novel, could be something you’ve just finished...

Tell us about the book, what made it special, what would you have improved? Why should people read it?

Now I mentioned a prize...each week I will pick my favourite report, the winner who wrote the report will receive a custom made trading card from me that will be playable in the trading card game, if the winner is an active player of the game they will also receive a copy of my rare card...so get reading, get writing and good luck

Likes/Dislikes/Limits/Toys
PM DARES!

I'm straight and will only take Dares from Girls, please bear this in mind when writing to me.

Please be genuine, be fun and have a good heart...with a sadistic streak hehe...6 inches

Curious about me or Poland? check out my Youtube!
Bloxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:02 AM   #2
KittenLicks
getDare's Naughtiest Kitten

Can it be an ebook, or does it have to be a physical copy?

PM Dares
"Oh god help! Bunny is trapped in KittenLicks signiture 0///0 Save Bunny!!! 9/10"
~ Fieldofbunnies
KittenLicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:46 AM   #3
Bloxo
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenLicks View Post
Can it be an ebook, or does it have to be a physical copy?

A book is a book no matter the format haha

Personally I prefer a physical copy, love the smell of a new book

Likes/Dislikes/Limits/Toys
PM DARES!

I'm straight and will only take Dares from Girls, please bear this in mind when writing to me.

Please be genuine, be fun and have a good heart...with a sadistic streak hehe...6 inches

Curious about me or Poland? check out my Youtube!
Bloxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:32 AM   #4
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

A book I'm currently rereading is 'Wild Swans' by Jung Chang. It's a nonfiction account of three generations of Chinese women; the grandmother, a concubine to a high ranking official in Imperialist China, the mother, a fighter in the Red Army, and the daughter and writer herself, a young volunteer in Mao's Red Guard, later disaffected, critical, and sent for 'reeducation' in a labour camp.

It's a book unlike any other I've read, and truly life-changing. The style of writing is beautiful, at times poetic and densely detailed throughout, yet the real horror and brutality are always simply stated, and impactful because of that simplicity. There is an understated quality and intelligence permeating the work, the writer does not overshadow the writing, and it elevates the book even higher.

The subject matter is not easy reading, and there were many times I had to stop for a while, sometimes just to process the sheer madness, cruelty and ignorantly destructive drives of Communism.

I would say this is an essential work to anyone interested in modern history, politics, biographical/autobiographies, nonfiction, or people who just like a varied diet.

'A man’s character is most evident by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or reciprocate.'

-Paul Eldridge
StrawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
Pariahterror
Prodigy

It has been 2 weeks at max since I finished reaing my book. So this would be nice.

My book:

Origin
By Dan Brown

As usual the prime character is Robert langdon. He is the main character in other of his books too. But I will be talkig about this book. Here he gets invited for a presentation made by his own friend, Edmond. It would be a world changing discovery he had made and is ready to change the world. But at the moment of his presentation, Edmond dies.

Will go further in spoilers now for the people who haven't read it yet

Spoiler:
So now Robert gets his hands on Edmond his phone, but it is locked. He has to go on a quest to find the password on the phone. After going to some places where Edmond Lived you get to know the story behind him a bit. During this quest some political stuff is going on and some of faith too. But in the end he finds the password and gets to see and share the discovery. What it is, I guess you have to read it yourself.

Due to this story I have bee thinking a little bit different. Not only does the story just fit in nicely to the current world and could be happening too. But the possibilities and places are real too. Now a real scientist just has to answer the same question here. Who are we, where do we come from and where are we going. I will surely recommend other to read this book. But to people who are heavy in faith of a certain religion I will be more reserved.

All in all a good book with a nice story. Just wishing there were more puzzles/symbols in here. I like to notice hidden meanings sometimes. And if you want to read more books. Dan Brown is a good read.

Likes: Denial / Spanking / Petplay / body writing / Sensory Deprivation / Crossdressing / Hidden public / Hypnosis
Neutral: Diapers / Messy / Cornertime / Bladder control / Pee / pictures
Curious: Humiliation / Self-bondage / hidden public outing
Dislikes: Linewriting
Limits: Permanent / Family / Face / Video/Cam / Illegal
For more: Likes / toys

PM dares

Progress of 1000 thread

KIK: Pariahterror

Pariahterror is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags