Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 04-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Smile
Account Banned

Default How to post a good reply to an S&M advert.

In the last 5 months or so that I have been on getDare, I have read so many adverts for S&M relationships.

Now then. Firstly you may have noticed me replying to some of them saying "Post more information... Look at Chloe's thread, try KinkTalk" or something similar. However, there is just as much problem with the replying of adverts, as there is with the original post of adverts.

Anyway.

From the occasional good advert I see, there are always lots of posts in response. However, they always seem to go something like:

hi sir, i will b ur slave, PM me asap

Now then, I can't see who would ever want to respond to that.

Only once or twice have I seen a decent response to an S&M advert.

So now I am going to show you the sort of things you should write so you can finally get that master that you want.

Firsly, write something about yourself, no master/mistress will ever want a slave who isn't even going to put the effort in to say about them self.

The sort of things you would want to include are:
Your Age:
Your Name:
Your Build:
Your Sexuality (Gay, Straight, bi etc..)

Maybe even how/why you got into S&M.

After this point, you might be thinking "Well, what else is there to write?"

Well, there is plenty more to write.

The next part would normally be, your likes and dislikes/limits.

If you are serious about S&M, then you will want a master who is willing to let you have any likes or dislikes. In other words, some masters/mistresses have certain tasks you would be expected to do. If you will not do orgasm denial for whatever reason, however the mistress in the advert specifically said that you must do it, then she is probably not the mistress for you. Despite this, if your reply is good enough to stand out, this one limit may be ignored.

You should always make clear that if there are any situations like the above, for example, write it at the end of your ad, or put it in bold for your dislikes.

Lastly, you should write why you think you would be a good slave to them.

A good example of a reply would be...

Hello,

My name is James, I am hopefully going to be your future slave... That is, of course, if you want me. A little about myself, I am 14, male, average build, not too fat, not too thin. I am straight and do not really want to do some bi-play, however, I would if it is a requirement.

I have many likes and dislikes.

My likes are:
Cock and Ball Torture.
Piss Play.
Puppy Play.
Role-play.
Some Bondage.
Some semi-public.

My dislikes are:
Water.
Masturbation.
Orgasm Denial.

I noticed you specifically requested that your slave must do orgasm denial, however, I really have moral views against this, so if you could please let that factor slip, then that would be wonderful.

I think that I would be a good slave to you because I am very obediant, I am very submissive and meet almost all requirements that you ask for.

I hope that you consider me, and please ignore the problem about orgasm denial.

Thankyou,
Your possible future slave.

Now then. If you write something like that above^, you will firstly gain respect for having:

1) Good spelling.
2) Good grammar.
3) Showing that you are serious by writing a lot about yourself

So please, for your own sake, write more when replying to S&M Adverts.

Thankyou

Oh, and Please, for the love of god, do not send me any PM's asking to be my master or whatever, that was an example... It hasn't happened yet, but better safe than sorry

If it does happen, you will be reported, and banned for trying to make a minor do S&M.

Note: If I use "" it is meant to be as a dazed daydream look, not an insult.

Last edited by Davros; 04-04-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Cleaned up minor spelling issues and sticked ^_^
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
depp
SysOp

I always chuckle when I hear people say they find it impossible to meet real people on here. One look at their postings almost always reveals exactly why. The key to getting a response is providing an abundance of information. Be personal, friendly, and share about yourself. If you only write a handful of sentences nobody is intrigued. Anyone who has lurked getDare for a while I think learns this. You have to give people a good idea of who you are and what you are looking for. Be reasonable and knowledgeable about what you want. You won't get exactly what you want overnight but with some strategy and persistence it will come to you.

Chloe has done a fantastic job of compiling all the resources you could ever want in her Threads of Note post. If someone were to read through all those threads and take their advice before posting it would do wonders for them.

Also learn about things before you seek others interested in them. Being a newbie is totally cool with people if you have done all your homework first.

Also, as Smile said above there are a few things that will make people take you seriously.
Quote:
1) Good spelling.
2) Good grammar.

3) Showing that you are serious by writing a lot about yourself
Number three is more about quality than quantity as I just got through saying above.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

First I'd like to congratulate Smile on an exellent post.

Secondly, I'd like to reinforce what he's saying about the spelling and grammar thing. Spelling properly and not using text speak, and having good grammar gives off a much better first impression than talking in text speak. Personally, I'm much more likely to read a whole post if it's written in Standard English. It sort of gives off the impression that you're not on this forum just to look for a quick way to get off.

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
CollaredBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

This is a brilliant idea. Some of the posts are just terrible, then people leave forever or continue to bump because they aren't getting any responses. This needs to be put somewhere it can be seen by all entering the S/M section.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
Smile
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
Being a newbie is totally cool with people if you have done all your homework first.
Some people acctually prefer to train their slaves... I suppose it's sort of like training a puppy, you can train it to love you in the way you want it to, set it basic rules that may differ from other masters... Personalise the slave as such.

Anyway, everyone who is interested has to try it.

Quote:
Number three is more about quality than quantity as I just got through saying above.
Yeh well... Change it if you like... I don't really care

And CollaredBlondie... Thankyou

I like appretiation

Also, going with what you said, relates with my "A Little Rant" Thread. I hate bad spelling and grammar.

Edit:

Thanks Bella

Old 04-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Zeromus
getDare Devil

Honestly, I think that those who give one line replies should be blocked from the section for a period of time. Make them think it over, check their dedication.

*Due to the innate funness of trivia, I too have a contest. Mine will be focused on gaming, with a few grab bag questions.

Here's an easy one. (name the game this quote came from)

"Where's the oh so pleasant sound of someone getting impaled?"
Zeromus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
Smile
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus View Post
Honestly, I think that those who give one line replies should be blocked from the section for a period of time. Make them think it over, check their dedication.
I was thinking post deletion, with an automatic post saying "Your post has been deleted, you may re-try, but please put a lot more effort in."

Old 04-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #8
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I agree. I think all the stickies here in the SM Lounge should be moved to the main SM forum, so people will notice them straight away.
I'm going to instead post a sticky there linking to the information here. Feel free to edit in what you feel needs to be there.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:29 PM   #9
depp
SysOp

Okay the sticky is up now. I've added this post and a couple others to start it off. Apologies to Smile for deleating your post. I did not want discussion in the sticky and I forgot to close it to replies. No hard feelings.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #10
Smile
Account Banned

Quote:
Okay the sticky is up now. I've added this post and a couple others to start it off. Apologies to Smile for deleating your post. I did not want discussion in the sticky and I forgot to close it to replies. No hard feelings.
Isn't that pretty similar to Chloe's threads of note though?

Well, pretty much the same?

Oh well, I suppose it's different.

And none taken

Old 04-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #11
Zeromus
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRay View Post
I was thinking post deletion, with an automatic post saying "Your post has been deleted, you may re-try, but please put a lot more effort in."
Fair enough, but if they're going to just post a one-liner in the first place..., Correct or not?

*Due to the innate funness of trivia, I too have a contest. Mine will be focused on gaming, with a few grab bag questions.

Here's an easy one. (name the game this quote came from)

"Where's the oh so pleasant sound of someone getting impaled?"
Zeromus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
Smile
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus View Post
Fair enough, but if they're going to just post a one-liner in the first place..., Correct or not?
Well, someone who doesn't put the effort into writing a good S&M reply obviously doesn't care much for it.

So why not.

Advertisements
Kink Talk