Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 06-02-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
SlutPuppy
getDare Succubus

Default Here's a question...

Masters:
As a master, do you think you have the right/privilege to punish your slaves whenever you want, simply because you're their master, and you want/need to remind them who they belong to?

Slaves:
As a slave, do you think it's right for a master to be able to punish you for no reason, other than they're your master, and need/want to remind you who you belong to?

booty booty booty booty rockin' everywhere

Sex Map HERE

Likes/Dislikes/Limits

SlutPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:20 AM   #2
necromancer

I only have the right to punish whenever I wish if she gives me that right. It is a heavy responsibility and I must not abuse the trust she has placed in me. Usually I will punish to teach her something but occasionally i do it for my own pleasure.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:37 AM   #3
chicky33

I think that as a slave, yes, it is appropriate to punish a slave for doing something wrong. I don't think that a punishment should break any of the slaves rules or limits, though. The punishment should just be something really bad that stays within the limits.
chicky33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:12 AM   #4
Anjelen
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Anjelen Send a message via Yahoo to Anjelen

I, myself would not punish a submissive or slave for any reason other than their deserving it. Training a submissive, in my experience, is far more effective through appropriate reward and as neccisary punishment.

* How to not be a Dumbinant *
* Here's your chance to ask me anything! *

"It's better to try and fail than to fail to try."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Nunc Intellego --
Anjelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:35 AM   #5
Nixie
getDare Devil

Slaves:
As a slave, do you think it's right for a master to be able to punish you for no reason, other than they're your master, and need/want to remind you who you belong to?

No there SHOULD ALWAYS be a good reason! If you are being punished for an unjust cause you will loose faith in your Dom and before you know it your relationship will be over! Its about Trust and inevitably Love. Yes Love. There are many forms of it people. You break that By inflicting hurt or pain it is going to go out the window and end relationship. But then you must ask yourself. Is he punishing you for something you did or something he did and you are his only out let. Then you need communication and you need to take a few steps back and analyze what is really going on. Just my opinion. Which is rambles.

Leo:YOU HARLTOT

Simple Tips
Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #6
mr lost abet

Default masters punishing their slaves

I think as a master it's your right to punish your slave as you see fit. If it's a just because punishment I'd stay within my slaves limits. But if the slave breaks the rules to many times I'd punish them randomly pushing their limits.
As a slave it's your responciblity to do as your told. If you do that I think your master has no reason to take it any farther.
mr lost abet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

It's really sad that this is even a debated question. If it's for no reason, it isn't punishment.

How do you expect a slave to learn to behave if you punish them on a whim? What does a punishment for breaking a rule achieve then?
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #8
Nixie
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr lost abet View Post
I think as a master it's your right to punish your slave as you see fit. If it's a just because punishment I'd stay within my slaves limits. But if the slave breaks the rules to many times I'd punish them randomly pushing their limits.
As a slave it's your responciblity to do as your told. If you do that I think your master has no reason to take it any farther.
Yes If you do as YOU ARE TOLD! If you are randomly punished for NO reason at all. Once again you are going to completely lose trust in your Dom. The only reason if this IS acceptable would BE if at the beginning of the relationship you inform your sub you will randomly test him/her. If NOT. then I stand my ground. Unacceptable.

Leo:YOU HARLTOT

Simple Tips
Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #9
spiritualxtc
Account Banned

Punishment is just that, punishment. I think that there's an important line to draw between punishment and pain. Some slaves like pain, and so the use of pain is hardly a punishment. Punishments don't always have to be spankings and floggings and markings; they can be corner time or writing lines or just feeling bad that the slave has failed their master.

Punishments should only be used to correct bad behavior, and nothing more, otherwise you're sending mixed messages.
spiritualxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #10
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Default A master punishing a slave.

I strongly believe that unless the slave/submissive has done something wrong to deserve a punishment then they should not be punished. As Leopard said a punishment should teach a submissive, punishing "Because you feel like it" or "because it asserts your authority" won't do that. Unless there is a VALID REASON you should not be punishing your slave, and as was quite rightly stated by Anjelen (as far as I interpreted it) working on a system or rewards, and withdrawing those rewards when necessary is an equally if not more effective method of training your submissive.

And on what spiritualxtc said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualxtc View Post
Punishment is just that, punishment. I think that there's an important line to draw between punishment and pain. Some slaves like pain, and so the use of pain is hardly a punishment. Punishments don't always have to be spankings and floggings and markings; they can be corner time or writing lines or just feeling bad that the slave has failed their master.
This is an excellent point, A punishment should be specific to the slave and not just something that is run of the mill that they will enjoy. I strongly believe in the use of lines as punishment... Ever thought there's a reason we're made to do them in school... because I am sure most people don't like doing them... therefore incentive not to misbehave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualxtc View Post
Punishments should only be used to correct bad behavior, and nothing more, otherwise you're sending mixed messages.
Agreed! Punishments, tasks and "asserting power" are all different things don't mix messages by using punishments to assert power.
(this sounded so much better the first time before my phone decided it wasn't going to post it)

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 06-02-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #11
Night-1991
Account Banned

Well if a Master does this.. "gurl, spank urself for bein' naughty" when she's followed the rules exactly and completed her tasks etc...then it's NOT punishment.

A punishment is supposed to be just that, a punishment. But reminding the sub who's in charge is a completely different thing.

I think it's a rather grey area to be honest. Punishing for no reason is certainly a no go, since the sub will lose trust in the Dom.
Night-1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
The Evil Porlo
Distinguished Member

From my master point of view, I would only punish them for doing something wrong or breaking a rule. If for instance they 'forget' to say Master, then they will be punished, no matter how simple the rule is, they dont follow it, punishment onts way.

From my slaves view, I hate being punished and therefore I would only expect a punishment for doing somthing wrond/bad. If he says your being punished, I say why and he says because I want to. Then I will refuse the punishment and risk losing my Master, but then, hes not the Master for me.

1. Your boss is always yelling, "I wanna see your ass in here by 8:00!"
2. "I'd love to chip in, but I left my wallet in my pants."
3. You want to see if it's like the dream.
4. People stop stealing your pens after they've seen where you keep them.
5. Diverts attention from the fact that you also came to work drunk.
6. Gives "bad hair day" a whole new meaning.
7. No one steals your chair.

Stories posted by me:

Snapchat - MySlaveBoys
KIK - TommyPDaddy

www . into dare . com / chats
The Evil Porlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #13
TensionRoom101

Send a message via MSN to TensionRoom101

A lot depends on what you call punishments. Canings, floggings, spankings? Then no, not at all. That's something my sub craves, and as such I'm hardly likely to use it to punish her.

No. If my submissive disappoints me, then I'm more likely to withdraw privileges than meet out some physical torture. I'm a parent first and foremost, and the first rule of parenting is don't reward bad behaviour- and the same applies to D/s dynamics too.

First though, I must analyse just why I feel they have disappointed me. Certainly if they've done their best but fallen short of my criteria, then they should be rewarded for doing their best, and I must check myself on my flawed expectations. To blame my sub because I can't gauge where her limits, tolerances and ability to comply is wrong. No doubt she'll be punishing herself enough without me rubbing salt into her sense of inadequacy. Surely it is I who misjudged her, when she puts her unwavering trust in me to help her grow?

If you mean where she's deliberately being bratty or disrespectful in order to secure a spanking or provoke me into an impromptu D/s session, then she's more likely to be rewarded with a withdrawal of communication for 48 hours, or some other such action on my part.

I'm not a subscriber to the notion of punishment for punishment sake, or because I think it makes me more of a man. It doesn't. Any asswipe can tie a girl up and whip her til she cries or passes out. If I felt obliged to do that to my beautiful Lady in order to feel in charge, then I'd consider myself emasculated, not macho.

Mike
Old 06-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #14
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

One of the things that I notice very often on getDare, and this is a seemingly rather contagious thing is that a lot of people confuse punishment with discipline and even more so punishment vs. funishment... >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlutPuppy
Slaves:
Not only I agree with Leo that it is sad that we need to address this question but I will add that this is probably one of the best way to make me lose all respect for a Dom. I've had one in the past who tried this with me and the only thing he achieved with that was losing me and any hope that I could even consider playing with him again. If I need to be reminded of my place then it means that there's a serious problem with the relationship to begin with. And if a Dom has no other resort than randomly punish to assert his authority then he has no business trying to dominate me. And I don't make exceptions to that.

Not only do I think that there should be a reason but a Dom needs to know what he's actually trying to achieve and teach his sub by using a punishment. If these things are not being considered when either disciplining or punishing then, as spiritualxtc said, then you will simply send mixed messages that not only will not resolve anything but may even aggravate actual problems over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensionRoom101
I'm a parent first and foremost, and the first rule of parenting is don't reward bad behaviour- and the same applies to D/s dynamics too.
And this is exactly why I do not believe in random punishments as well. I am also a parent and often find that a D/s dynamic is not as different as a parent/child one in some aspects. What would my kid learn if I were to spank or send him in his room just 'cos I feel like it or show him who's the boss? Nothing. He would simply learn to fear me and not to trust me. Mr lost abet said it's a responsibility as a slave to do as told and, sure, it is. However, Doms have responsibillities as well and in this case those responsibilities are clarity and consistency. A Dom who fails to be clear in his words and consistent in his actions will find it difficult to expect a sub to behave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensionRoom101
To blame my sub because I can't gauge where her limits, tolerances and ability to comply is wrong. No doubt she'll be punishing herself enough without me rubbing salt into her sense of inadequacy.
And yet this is another reason why I don't believe in random punishments... I think that when something like this happens it's usually more beneficial to both partners to step back, discuss and re-evaluate the situation. What went wrong? Why did it go wrong? Is there anything that could help the sub not to fail next time? Etc. Sometimes the answers to these questions are so simple and some problems easily solved by simply communicating. But in a situation where a punishment is given without even making the effort to attempt to find out what the problem is then it's unilikely to find out and be able to prevent it to happen again...
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #15
MetalGreek
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to MetalGreek

I really only have that ability when she tells me herself that I may do it. Like if she does not give her regards to me punishing for no reason then I can't. Punishment is generally given to keep her in line and not stray off the path I have laid out for her. I honestly hate having to give punishment because it lets me know that I have/am doing something wrong in how i am going with her and that I need to fix it.
~If being powerless is evil, is having power justice? Is revenge evil? Can friendship coexist with justice?
Lelouch Vi Britannia

WORSHIPS RACHIE
MetalGreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk