Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 08-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Post Dares in the News

My weekly local newspaper recently had this article in the police blotter. It was highlighted and labeled as this week’s ‘Best of the Blotter’. I’m posting it here because it is dare related. I have no idea who this person is or even if he is a getDare member. Local references are ‘xxx’d out.

“A xxxxx boy, 16, was cited Aug. 5 after he allegedly exposed and fondled himself in front of girls playing ball inside xxxxx xxxx Park. A witness saw it happen and called police at 7:20 p.m. Immediately afterward, the boy stepped into a car and drove away.

Police caught up with the boy on West xxth Street and stopped his car. The boy said he did the deed after he was dared to do so.”
DaVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
BucsFan

Send a message via AIM to BucsFan Send a message via MSN to BucsFan Send a message via Yahoo to BucsFan

and thats the reason why I do not do public dares. Just not worth getting the police involved
BucsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
glue
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to glue

hehe getdare could be getting some good pr here :P

WATCH OUT FOR A GLUE RATING OUT OF TEN
glue would like to tell everyone reading this to stay
sticky as life is to short to become unstuck

I'm the Simon Cowell of GetDare

Please add me at:

8 Years On Getdare!!!!!!
glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Lostsnake1134

Kind of wonder if it was a get dare user.
Lostsnake1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #5
DaVance
Distinguished Member

I read this story in my local paper. It was this week’s ‘Best of the Police Blotter’. While it is not something I would suggest someone do, and it is not the typical dare you read here, it does have a dare mentioned in it. I also thought this was humorous so I am sharing it. I XXX’d out the local references:

A drunken XXXXXXXX man, 50, dared police officers to break into his car and arrest him early Sept. 30. Officers obliged him.

Police stopped the man’s car at about 1:57 a.m. He had been driving erratically at XXXXX and XXXXXX roads in XXXXX.

The man’s eyes were glazed and bloodshot and he smelled of alcohol. He blew cigarette smoke in the face of an officer.

The man then rolled up his car windows and locked his doors. He started eating take out spaghetti with his hands.

The man refused to unlock his doors. “Come and get me,” he told officers.

Police broke the car’s front passenger window and dragged the man out.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
DaVance
Distinguished Member

I found new interest in reading the Police Blotter in my local paper and seeing which articles fit into getDare. Here is a new one:

An employee of Great Expectations, a dating service for singles, received several phone calls Jan. 3 from an unknown male, who asked if she had stinky feet and if he could smell them. After several more calls she told him she was going to call police. The caller got upset and said he would rape and murder her. Two other employees talked to the male, but he did not threaten them. The originating phone number was for a man with an account at Revol Wireless, but he had given that company false identification information.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:43 AM   #7
APrincess

Send a message via Yahoo to APrincess

This was on my msn homepage-

Boys in hospital after chilli dare
Officials in Germany say eight teenagers had to be treated in hospital after a test of courage in which they drank chilli sauce more than 200 times hotter than normal.

The Red Cross in the southern city of Augsburg says 10 boys, aged 13 and 14, drank the sauce while they were at school.

The German news agency DAPD quoted the Red Cross as saying the boys complained of feeling sick, and eight were taken to a hospital. They were kept in overnight for observation.

http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/arti...ntid=151822755

Please be sensible with your dares, or you could end up in hospital- try explaining why you did a more sexual dare to the hospital!

Princess xXx
APrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:11 AM   #8
The Evil Porlo
Distinguished Member

Sport Soccer

Can I just say that people should, when confronted by the news in relation to dares, should mention this site. Eg, when asked why you did this dare, say I was given it off www.getdare.com should be good.

1. Your boss is always yelling, "I wanna see your ass in here by 8:00!"
2. "I'd love to chip in, but I left my wallet in my pants."
3. You want to see if it's like the dream.
4. People stop stealing your pens after they've seen where you keep them.
5. Diverts attention from the fact that you also came to work drunk.
6. Gives "bad hair day" a whole new meaning.
7. No one steals your chair.

Stories posted by me:

Snapchat - MySlaveBoys
KIK - TommyPDaddy

www . into dare . com / chats
The Evil Porlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #9
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Been a long time since I've seen "dare" mentioned in the local paper. Here is this week's article:

A 16-year-old boy threw himself through a double paned window at Burger King at about 11:20 p.m. Feb. 26. The boy said he did it on a dare from friends. There were no apparent injuries to the boy. He and his father, of Broadview Heights, returned to the restaurant later to admit the act and agreed to pay for damages.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Best one is stories of drunken stupidity.

A person I know has been issued with charges of indecent exposure after getting incredibly drunk and being dared to hold his exposed gentiles against the window of a cop car, what he did not realise, was that there was a police man in said cop car. This is why alcohol and dares should only be combined with the use of extreme caution.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVance View Post
My weekly local newspaper recently had this article in the police blotter. It was highlighted and labeled as this week’s ‘Best of the Blotter’. I’m posting it here because it is dare related. I have no idea who this person is or even if he is a getDare member. Local references are ‘xxx’d out.

“A xxxxx boy, 16, was cited Aug. 5 after he allegedly exposed and fondled himself in front of girls playing ball inside xxxxx xxxx Park. A witness saw it happen and called police at 7:20 p.m. Immediately afterward, the boy stepped into a car and drove away.

Police caught up with the boy on West xxth Street and stopped his car. The boy said he did the deed after he was dared to do so.”
Boy: "Officer, it was just a dare, so everything is OK?"
Officer: "Well, Boys will be Boys."

My Return and Regeneration!

This has been moved to my blog.

I have been away for a while and needed a fresh start. So read my update and Hello again!

LGBT Community Thread

drvaleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
DaVance
Distinguished Member

The following question and answer appeared in daily column titled "Strange But True":

Q: Any truth to the wild tales of “gerbil stuffing”?

A: In the various versions, somebody shows up in the emergency room with a small, furry animal lodged in the rectum. Don’t ask how it got there; this is probably an urban legend. More verifiable is the case of the guy with an “incarcerated” light bulb, from the “Annals of Emergency Medicine”. On a $100 dare, he stuck the bulb there, and two days later it was still stuck. Doctors tried in vain to remove it with gloved fingers, taking pains not to break the glass, which could have been life-threatening. Finally, they resorted to toy suction darts, mineral oil and three balloon catheters in a steady 10-minute tug to induce sphincter relaxation. In the end, that worked. Other reported items have included pencils, a baseball, knives, a U-bend sink pipe, a sponge rubber ball, glass tumblers, a pickle bottle and a beer glass. (Of course, don’t try this.) Doubtless, there’s a story behind every one.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #13
pymani96
getDare Sweetheart

Default Pymani96@getdare says...

Lolz, this thread is well funny!
Pymani
pymani96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:55 PM   #14
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Trophy

I can't believe I am resurrecting this ancient thread. Anyways, I came across this Dare in the News today. No need for me to explain it:

Police: Woman got naked at Dunkin' Donuts on a dare

GREENACRES, Fla. — A 32-year-old woman told police in Florida she got naked and sat outside a Dunkin' Donuts as a dare.

The Palm Beach Post reports (A woman named XXXX) was arrested Sunday in Greenacres near West Palm Beach.

According to a police report, XXXX told authorities the dare was part of a pledge to a dance troupe, which wasn't identified.

Witnesses told police XXXX was offered clothes several times, but she refused to take them. She began apologizing when police arrived.

She faces a charge of indecent exposure. XXXX appeared in court Monday and was released on her own recognizance.

It was not clear whether she's retained an attorney and a phone number wasn't available for her.

(P.S.: credit to the Associated Press.)

Last edited by DaVance; 03-11-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #15
mrpropel
Truth or Dare Junkie

Here's one I saw on Daily Mail yesterday,

~~~~~~~~

Darin' doughnuts: Woman, 32, strips naked at a Dunkin' Donuts after dare that was part of pledge to join dance troupe

America may run on Dunkin' Donuts - but apparently the state of Florida gets naked at the popular coffee and doughnut chain.
A West Palm Beach woman was arrested over the weekend after police found her sitting completely naked outside of a Dunkin' Donuts in Greenacres, Florida.
Shakara Martin. 32. told officers from the Greenacres Department of Public Safety she had gotten nude outside of the shop on a dare.

hi there! hope you are having a great day! feel free to say hi to me on discord! `Bantering` love you all <3
mrpropel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk