Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 03-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
twotothetenth
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to twotothetenth
Default Ad response statistics

I have a habit of reading the s/m ads and always wondered how many and what kind of responses people get. I'd now like to ask people who have posted an ad before the following questions:

What's your gender? Are you sub or dom? Who were you looking for?

How many responses have you received? How many of them were serious (as opposed to "im u're master now, slut" kind of thing)? What does a typical response look like?

Have you found who you were looking for? If not, would you consider the time you invested in writing the ad worth it?

Looking for a sub

Teased and denied by girls since May 7

Likes: masturbation/orgasm control and denial, occasional anal, some pain (especially spanking, nipple torture), light bondage, exercise
Dislikes/punishments: more pain (esp cbt, toothpaste) , lines, corner time
Limits: public, pics/cam, involving other people, all the usual stuff and probably a lot of other shit
Toys: chastity cage, vibrator, prostate massager
PM Dares
twotothetenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
jlstockton25
getDare Devil

Female, sub, looking for dom

How many responses have you received? How many of them were serious (as opposed to "im u're master now, slut" kind of thing)? What does a typical response look like?
I received a looot of responses. My ad was very long and detailed, and some of the responses I received reflected that. I still got a lot of bogus, one line responses but in general I got a pretty positive response. I don't think there is a typical response because ads are so different. The good responses are the ones who come from people who read and clearly understand the ad, and explain why they are a good fit.

Have you found who you were looking for? If not, would you consider the time you invested in writing the ad worth it?
Yes, I did find what I was looking for. I'm very happy with who I ended up with, even if she didn't exactly match up with my initial ad :P

. . . darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
jlstockton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
Happy Me

Talking

Female. Switch. I have posted a few ads, the titles all said I was a female slave seeking a male master.
How many responses have you received? How many of them were serious (as opposed to "im u're master now, slut" kind of thing)?
I received about 50 the first time, out of which probably 4 were good responses.
The second time I closed down the ad before I had many responses.
The third time I probably got 30 responses, out of which probably 10 of them were good ones.
What does a typical response look like?
Well, a typical good responses is at least 3-4 paragraphs long, and specifically ties in at least some of the things that were in my ad. A typical bad response says something like, "I saw your ad and I am interested, message me if you want to know more."
There is another type of bad response too. It is probably still paragraphs long, and actually fairly well written, but for some reason doesn't have anything to do with my ad. Over time, I got the same exact message, from the same exact person, but like... a year apart from each other. Copy pasta chefs.
I have always found what I was looking for. The responses from my first ad actually led to 3 play partners (1 at a time over a period of 11 months).
The third ad generated a lot of new friends, and an amazing dom.

While all of the people I responded to in a positive manner (and ended up playing with) wrote similar-quality responses to this, this is the best response I ever received:
"Hello Happyyou!

I've been thinking the day could not get any sunnier and your ad comes along! Even if nothing comes out of this, the energy your words convey has made my day awesome.

Now back to the serious stuff!

My name is ____, I'm a Psychology student - and I love every bit of it. I'm quite happy with what I have and I also love to explore. Explore the world, explore people, explore the dynamics of life. That is mostly the reason why I encountered the whole slave/master relationship, it adds quite a lot of unique dynamics to a relationship, something you can not really find anywhere else.

I enjoy it for the very same reasons I enjoy life, it is fun, it is a little mysterious and there is plenty of exploration to be done.
Unfortunately, looking for friends online has been an extreme challenge. There seems to be an awful lot of really serious, dark and gloomy people, who always present the s/m (slave/master) in - well, a serious dark and gloomy way.
Which is something I do not like really, so I pass, I move on and hope one day I will bump into a happy person who does it because they love to explore.

I have only really explored s/m in my personal life and not really online, so it would be a learning curve for the both of us, but I guess that could be kind of nice and fun in its own way. The idea of learning the ropes (see what I did there!) together sounds quite friendly and nice.

Speaking of friendly, let me briefly explain what I seek in an s/m relationship. I love to care for people (which might be the end of me one day), but for now, it brings the sun into my life. For that reason, sharing something with a sub is a really special thing to me. Most of the time I just see the sub as the most precious thing in the world, a great friend and someone I respect.

I think mutual respect is very important, as it is in any relationship really. While the slave and the master do have different roles, I believe that does not make them unequal at all. I think they share something together and each explore it in their own way. I think there is a special kind of love involved (it does not have to be romantic love), but it is something that pulls both closer and if it clicks, both parties can have a great time.

When it comes to kinks and stuff I prefer, I'm a fairly mild person. I believe in balance, so it is always fun to start with some teasing, light bondage, spiced up with light pain. I think the key is listening to your emotions, learning how your body feels about each aspect. If the master gets it right, they then can react to the little tells properly, infusing your desires further.

So I'm all up for light to mild play, punishments to get you where you'd like to be if needed, ice and wax play, teasing, orgasm play. It is difficult to list it all as separate points as it usually sort of comes together.

I think it would be silly to dive into some heavy stuff as I would never want to hurt you permanently. That thought seems silly as it should be fun for both most of all.

I'm also happy to explore the dynamics of the relationship, experiment with control. It's interesting, but when you find the right level of control, amazing stuff happens. It can be the most freeing experience you have ever felt, or if you tone the level differently, it can be used to infuse whatever feeling you'd like.

So I'm not strictly looking for a toy to play with (although it's always really fun to play and there would be a lot of that), but I'm also looking for a friend to relax with, someone to get to know and to explore the mysteries with.

There is a lot left unanswered, but I'm a very open person. Always happy to chat, so please, feel free to send me a message and I'll be over the moon to reply!

Wish you the sunniest of days,
Stay safe,
______"

Last edited by Happy Me; 03-24-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Happy Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
justJane
getDare is Go Go Go

jlstockton25 - Of course you had a ton of responses!!

Happyme127 - Thank you for sharing that response!

What's your gender? Are you sub or dom? Who were you looking for? Female/sub/male Dom

I had maybe 50 the first time and maybe 30 the second time. I would say I received a handful of actual good responses each time. The first time I received quite a few one-liners and the second time I received mostly decent responses, although a few copy & paste jobs. I would say typical decent responses just show evidence that they read my ad. I received one incredibly amazing response to my second ad that addressed every part of my ad with really good, honest, and witty responses.

I have found what I was looking for! The first time it was someone who responded to my ad and the second time it was someone who was kind of a friend before I posted who I would have never thought had any interest in me - he didn't respond to the ad but brought it up in conversation later. I still think the time invested in writing the ad was worth it.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:52 PM   #5
BrianJ
Account Banned

Male Dom searching for a female sub.

Since re-posting (about a month ago) I had received 2 responses. Neither serious. The first response was asking to chat in real time as we were both online, the second was the complete opposite of what I was looking for.

I haven't found what I'm looking for. As my ad is a re-post from one I ran a year ago it didn't take me long to re-write and tweak it. I know being a male dom looking for someone real and also has a respect for the lifestyle takes time to find. When the right one comes along, she'll be nice to have.

Last edited by BrianJ; 03-27-2014 at 04:26 PM.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #6
phanmail
Distinguished Member

Location: In the depths of a bunker deep beneath the artic ice caps

Sub/dom
Switch seeking switch

Responses:
I've had maybe 2 or 3 responses in my 5 years here. I honestly can't remember them I do remember one person who had me get naked for them and then blocked me. I guess since I can't remember the responses they weren't that good.

Have you found what you were looking for.
No. Not even close.

Do I think it's worth the time?
Less and less with every unanswered ad but I still have a little bit of hope.
phanmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
pyrachi

I'm a male dom looking for a female sub.

Whenever I repost my ad I usually receive a few replies over the next couple weeks. Most of the responses are short and not longer than a few sentences. I don't receive many junk responses - but I have received some. A typical response might be something like: "Hi, I liked your ad. I want to be your slave."

- 24/7, Domination, Speech Restriction, Rules and Protocols, Clothing Control, Discreet Public Play, Hypnosis, Orgasm Control, Humiliation and Degradation, Bondage

- Dishonesty, Anything illegal, Permanent bodily harm

See my ad for more details.
pyrachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:37 AM   #8
Yerst

Male dom looking for female sub here.

I had 8 or 9 replies to my first ad. Of those, more than half were no longer than two sentences and I ignored those. Of the remaining ones, one went silent and disappeared without a word after a brief session, I decided one wasn't suited to me and the final one seemed like exactly what I was looking for.

Then I got a message from her boyfriend, who had just found out she was posting on here. He wasn't happy about that at all.

Since posting my latest ad I've had three replies, none of which had any effort put into them.
Yerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:41 AM   #9
madl

Male dom looking for a female sub.

I received 1 response. It was excellent - absolutely first class, very detailed and clear. We were quickly able to figure out we weren't right for each other. I didn't receive any unserious responses.

Beyond that, having it in my post history has been helpful just for giving people more of an idea of who I am. I've had people I was already chatting to ask about something in my ad or otherwise reference it even though they weren't applying.

I do not know, honestly. Not because of the ad, certainly. I waver on whether it would be worth it to try a 2nd ad. There are so many male dom ads, they quickly get buried. As an alternative, I have been thinking of starting to blog...

Proud owner of Ari
madl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #10
pet monkey
getDare Devil

Male, sub, looking for a female dom

I received one very lucky response. It was serious I can't really speak towards a 'typical' response because it wasn't a posting in the thread, it was a posting on my wall. We started chatting on yahoo and we got to know each other, and hit it off very well!

Have I found what I'm looking for? Oh YES! Very much so! Such a happy, lucky toy I am! My ad was SO worth the time I put into it. I think that was a major point towards my success, I laid out a lot about who I was and what I was looking it for and it helped me find the perfect Miss!

This SLUT is owned by iSpuds.

DJ Monkey: Official Groove Enabler to iSpuds
WikiMonkey: Official Fact & Resource Repository for iSpuds

PM me 'Haiku' and I will write a Haiku for you on a topic of your choice
PM me 'pic' and I will send a sexy pic to iSpuds

Monkey Do's and Don'ts
Ask a Monkey Anything

Ask me about my MONKEY MAGNETISM!

♫♪This is a song about an ol' Monkey♫♪
♫♪He was a brave Sea Monkey, an ape of the sea♫♪
♫♪Just one thing about him was pretty weird♫♪
♫♪It was his swaggerin', peg-leggin', sea-captain's beard!♫♪