Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #16
Anjelen
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Anjelen Send a message via Yahoo to Anjelen

Unfortunately, Ribbit101, an IQ score is not a reliable quantifier of intelligence - an IQ test establishes a *baseline* intelligence 'level' based on, and if i recall correctly even averaged between, only the specific skills that are actually tested - such as shape recognition, pattern awareness, math, etcetera. Otherwise i'd be very, very proud of my last score being 143 after a three day battery of test, last year. (what? I was curious :P)

IQ isn't, however, a measure of applied intelligence - your ability to look problemsolve with whatever you happen to have at hand at the moment, your ability to hold a conversation, your ability to learn new things, curiosity, adaptability - etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

The solution otherwise would be to just conduct IQ tests on the go

* How to not be a Dumbinant *
* Here's your chance to ask me anything! *

"It's better to try and fail than to fail to try."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Nunc Intellego --
Old 06-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #17
curdares
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelen View Post
IQ isn't, however, a measure of applied intelligence - your ability to look problemsolve with whatever you happen to have at hand at the moment, your ability to hold a conversation, your ability to learn new things, curiosity, adaptability - etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
Certainly not a measure of social skills of any type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvia84 View Post
That, dear curdares, was an ADVENTURE.. not a dare....
Old 06-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #18
jackdtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3rry B0mb View Post
This has yet to happen on this site.

Just saying.
It happens in real life though... it's not a fault of getDare particularly - how many people do you find anywhere who can really stimulate your own thoughts and views of the world - and confirm them as well? I certainly don't very often!
Old 06-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #19
Ch3rry B0mb
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdtm View Post
It happens in real life though... it's not a fault of getDare particularly - how many people do you find anywhere who can really stimulate your own thoughts and views of the world - and confirm them as well? I certainly don't very often!
This post was pertaining -to- the getDare community and why I'm here. "To find another with whom I can share the BDSM lifestyle with.

As far as 'IRL'...I guess that would depend on with whom you choose to associate. I, personally, choose to associate myself with like-minded individuals who are all intelligent on a broad spectrum of subjects.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #20
jackdtm

Quote:
This post was pertaining -to- the getDare community and why I'm here. "To find another with whom I can share the BDSM lifestyle with.

As far as 'IRL'...I guess that would depend on with whom you choose to associate. I, personally, choose to associate myself with like-minded individuals who are all intelligent on a broad spectrum of subjects.
Yes, true, I wasn't thinking solely online, when that was really what you were pointing to. From my experience online, most people are 'snatch and grab' and only interested in their selves - the curse of a good conversation - and certainly something you'd never allow 'IRL' as a means of building a relationship with.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #21
Night-1991
Account Banned

Cherry. After reading over the posts in the SM Area, i hereby proclaim you the Goddess of the SM Area for this post.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:45 AM   #22
Ch3rry B0mb
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-1991 View Post
Cherry. After reading over the posts in the SM Area, i hereby proclaim you the Goddess of the SM Area for this post.
Ha! This is totally going in my signature!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:16 AM   #23
Ribbit101
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollaredBlondie View Post
I love you for this comment.

*runs away*
Glad someone else enjoyed it! :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
And demanding things from me at any give time When I clearly state certain Times are Unacceptable tells me.

1) You Are not listening to me and my limits.
2) You are only on here for masturbatory help.
I point to my 'bieber balls' referance here :-p

Quote:
Unfortunately, Ribbit101, an IQ score is not a reliable quantifier of intelligence
Aye, this was something I was trying to explain in my distinction between 'applied' intellect and 'I am smarter than you because a man with a clipboard told me so.' :-)

Seeking Submissives

Old advert
Old 06-22-2010, 07:12 AM   #24
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

i r dom, strip for me k!

i r sl@ve, uz 0wn m3, make me do things.

i tell this story many, many times, ive blocked emotionaly and intelectulay vapid but phyicaly attractive subs midcam show because i used them for what i wanted and figured this wasent going to last longer then one day.

i enjoy conversations, i like to know things about the person im spending time with. i like knowing who people are, it lets me form a bond with people.

now for "perfect grammer and spelling", that might be your thing, sadly i have a learning disability and at 29 years old i can spell basic words, but larger complex words i spell photonicly. i can mask it on fourms useing firefox or iespell addons, but once i get a sub on msn or yahoo then it breaks down because they have no spellchecker. so why hide who i am?

now getting to the point most dumbass doms make, "a sub must submit to a dom no matter what and be respectful to the doms position"
well yes, a little respect for a fellow human being is the general key to maintaining social order in everything we do in life, the respect is a 2 way street. one shouldent demand full submission from someone they just met, thats just the foundation for waisting of time.

hell on this site, if you dont take the time to fill out the basic profile information, make a lil sig and upload a avatar, i dont really give you the time of day.

Last edited by MasterPain; 06-22-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #25
Anjelen
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Anjelen Send a message via Yahoo to Anjelen

... :P Don't you mean 'Phonetically'? Photons have to do with light.

Good post though, MasterPain. Y'know i'm just being an ass.

* How to not be a Dumbinant *
* Here's your chance to ask me anything! *

"It's better to try and fail than to fail to try."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Nunc Intellego --
Old 06-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #26
Ch3rry B0mb
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:

This has yet to happen on this site.

Just saying.
Recanting this, as of this morning. In response to my most recent ad, I have had -one- potential Dom who has had my lips uttering, "Fie, superior mind, fie, for thou hast cleft my wanton tongue and conquered my inner thoughts. I admit defeat. /swoons." Yes, I am swooning. Let's hope this bodes well for Cherry. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPain View Post
now for "perfect grammer and spelling", that might be your thing, sadly i have a learning disability and at 29 years old i can spell basic words, but larger complex words i spell photonicly. i can mask it on fourms useing firefox or iespell addons, but once i get a sub on msn or yahoo then it breaks down because they have no spellchecker. so why hide who i am?
To be honest, I've been pwn'd before by someone whose spelling and grammar was atrocious due to dyslexia...but his mind was fucking genius. There's a big difference between having a learning disability (which is tolerable, at least by me) and just being plain fucking moronic (which is not tolerable by me).

<3
Cherry
Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #27
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

Quote:
... :P Don't you mean 'Phonetically'? Photons have to do with light.

Good post though, MasterPain. Y'know i'm just being an ass.
lol that just proves my point in itsself
Old 06-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #28
fss

I couldn't agree more with you on this one Cherry. (In fact, among other things, experience of this kind was it, that made me try out the dom side, rather than staying submissive.)
It doesn't really rest well with me, determining someone's intelligence by spelling (I basically make my living by writing, and still, mistakes do happen, especially when my keyboard gets all primadonna again, or if I'm typing in a hurry), however in general, I do agree that one's writing offers a little insight into how much effort someone is willing to put in, if nothing else.

With all the 'bieber balls' running around, makes you wonder, if the smart options wouldn't be to keep such an relationship, as it is desired by the few serious people on here, completely nonsexual for the first few weeks. But then, since people apparently can't read ads, I'm not sure how much good that would do.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:36 AM   #29
Ch3rry B0mb
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by fss View Post
I couldn't agree more with you on this one Cherry. (In fact, among other things, experience of this kind was it, that made me try out the dom side, rather than staying submissive.)
It doesn't really rest well with me, determining someone's intelligence by spelling (I basically make my living by writing, and still, mistakes do happen, especially when my keyboard gets all primadonna again, or if I'm typing in a hurry), however in general, I do agree that one's writing offers a little insight into how much effort someone is willing to put in, if nothing else.

With all the 'bieber balls' running around, makes you wonder, if the smart options wouldn't be to keep such an relationship, as it is desired by the few serious people on here, completely nonsexual for the first few weeks. But then, since people apparently can't read ads, I'm not sure how much good that would do.

I'm not a grammar/spelling Nazi. While I do understand that, at times, the 'Tucking Fypo' monster will grab a Dom by the proverbial balls, I can overlook those and I tend to do so. (Especially since the same monster has kicked me in the ass a few times, as well.) I'm talking about laziness in writing. An example would be typing 'u' for 'you' or 'u for 'ur'. This is nothing more than laziness on the writer's part and there's nothing in the world that can convince me otherwise.

Another 'trend' that I've seen, which I absolutely cannot tolerate, is when the words 'Master', 'Mistress', or 'Dominant' are misspelled. Seriously? You want to be my 'mastur' or you're supposed to be a 'misstruss'? Heh, thanks, but no. God forbid you try to correct these people and all of a sudden...I'm an ungrateful slave. Psst...give me something to which I can be grateful. ^_~

The only exception to the misspelling of 'Dominant' that I've found perfectly acceptable (and believe it should be added into the dictionary) is the intentionally misspelled word that Anjelen has coined: Dumbinant.

As far as keeping things on a platonic level for a certain amount of time, I absolutely 100% agree with you. I'm not willing to jump into your IRL bed five minutes after meeting you...what makes you think I'm going to jump into your e-bed in the same amount of time?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #30
bank

ok luk souperior inteleck is won thing but u hafto consider to that just wot there saying isnt everythink theres mroe to it like ideas in there heads i think yes a dom has to be smarter then the slave but only to cum up with ideas and stuff to keep ehr interested u think usin big words like souperiorismy is going to make all the girls fall over for u maybe i shud learn sum to i think its bulls*ht thou

Advertisements
Kink Talk