Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 12:49 PM   #1
BondageLisa
getDare Sweetheart

Exclamation The Catfish Registry! Help to protect other people

Hey Getdare.com,

I've noticed more and more catfishes/fakes on both kik and getdare lately, because of this me and @KurumiTokisaki will be starting a little registry of known catfishes.

MOD EDIT: If you think someone is not who they claim to be, then report it to the moderation team and let them take it from there.

Thank you

Note: We don't want to lynch catfishers (even if it's deserved). We just want to protect people

Last edited by Red; 09-26-2018 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
Everill
getDare Devil

I actually like this idea but you might want to be careful with saying who reported it, things like that are kept anonymous for a reason.

Master of chaotic energies in atleast 9 of the dimensions

Kinks

Blog O' Rules

Information

Dice Dares

Ultimate kink list

UwU what's this

Old 09-25-2018, 04:25 PM   #3
Jdelt
Distinguished Member

I honestly don't even think twice about it, it is so common. This is an interesting idea, but how will you insure the veracity of the claims? It looks like evidence is an optional entry in your form?

Exposed blackmail victims can be found on my kinktalk!

Likes (as Dominant): games, humiliation, impact play, orgasm control/denial, consensual blackmail, Teamviewer, Qustodio, pet play, public, hidden public
Limits: scat, blood, family, social suicide
Old 09-25-2018, 04:36 PM   #4
John M
getDare Sweetheart

I think this is a good idea but might suggest that there be some way to both include verification as well as a way to challenge being put on the list

Pm me for a game of chess forfeits

Master of PookieSub

John M.

My AMA thread: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=349423
Old 09-25-2018, 05:05 PM   #5
Bloxo
getDare Devil

I'm in favour of something like this if done properly, but ideally fake members should be reported to the Mods and removed from the site.

My preference would be to have a verified profile thread where users can be verified by a Mod to who they say they are, but think such ideas have been shot down in the past.

Likes/Dislikes/Limits/Toys
PM DARES!

I'm straight and will only take Dares from Girls, please bear this in mind when writing to me.

Please be genuine, be fun and have a good heart...with a sadistic streak hehe...6 inches

Curious about me or Poland? check out my Youtube!
Old 09-25-2018, 05:51 PM   #6
amethyst353
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloxo View Post
My preference would be to have a verified profile thread where users can be verified by a Mod to who they say they are, but think such ideas have been shot down in the past.
I think this is a much better route than a catfish reporting system. I stopped being polite with people who cold message me nonsense on kik and I could see me being reported in revenge.

loves: humiliation, gags, bodywriting, bondage, games
limits: pics with face, messing with sleep, public, heavy blackmail, videos, permanent, scat, extreme pain Note: I transitioned years ago - wearing women's clothes isn't a dare. If you give me a sissy-themed dare, I will ignore you.

Full likes/limits | Toys/Items I Own | PM Dares (friends only for a bit) | My current rules
Old 09-26-2018, 02:09 AM   #7
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloxo View Post
I'm in favour of something like this if done properly, but ideally fake members should be reported to the Mods and removed from the site.

I agree. Reporting the user (provided the mods take action) is much more effective than a registry. You can only catch them in a lie or find their pictures all over the internet. Mods can compare their user data, posting habits, IPs, login attempts to other (suspicious) users on getDare in addition to what you can do, which may present more conclusive proof.

And the only one who can implement the user verification system is Depp (or Rachie maybe). Depp has no time/interest and I don't know about Rachie but this is why it won't be done, aside from a few downsides to the system itself.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
Closed Thread

Tags
catfish, list, registry, report