Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 02-12-2010, 03:04 AM   #16
SissiCD

Send a message via MSN to SissiCD Send a message via Yahoo to SissiCD
Default age less of an issue

Firstly I'd like to state that I'm not into underage
Otherwise in my view age should not be an issue.
For me its a combination of mentality and attitude
I dont mind if someone is a lot younger than me or a lot older as long as they are adventurous(like me) and not narrow minded
you may add me on MSN or yahoo but conversation with unimaginative questions such as "asl?"" What you wearing?" "go on cam" etc then expect to be put on ignore
Most of my limits etc can be seen in my post at: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...883#post132883
SissiCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:14 AM   #17
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I'd probably date a 14 year old, if he looked older. And probably only up to a 19 year old, or 18.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:29 AM   #18
pmyatt

When I was 15, I liked boys 14 -- 18
When I was 19, I liked boys 17 -- 23
Now I'm 25, I like men 18 -- 29

I know logically that if I met the right person age shouldn't be a factor, but unfortunately it seems to be. My window is widening with age, however.
pmyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:47 AM   #19
borisbitchboy
Account Banned

why cant people be happy with people around there own age instead of saying i would like someone 2 years older then me or older then me or younger then me why dont you think of the other person either older or younger then you are really want you and if they dont what will u do then bawl your eyes out feel hurt and curl up into a little ball and stay in your room and never date again so why cant u just be happy with someone your own age instead of picking younger or older then you
borisbitchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:52 AM   #20
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbitchboy View Post
why cant people be happy with people around there own age instead of saying i would like someone 2 years older then me or older then me or younger then me why dont you think of the other person either older or younger then you are really want you and if they dont what will u do then bawl your eyes out feel hurt and curl up into a little ball and stay in your room and never date again so why cant u just be happy with someone your own age instead of picking younger or older then you
No one is picking older or younger, no one said they cant be happy with someone their own age, but if you fell in love with someone who was a year older than you, you'd just ignore it? That's dumb.
No one is saying they'll only go out with someone 2 years older. And who on earth curls into a little ball, stays in their room and never dates again because someone doesn't like them?

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #21
RoyalMadameE

Send a message via MSN to RoyalMadameE

I agree with BettyBoop completly, this thread was ASKING about age differences, it was purposely questioning if you'd go younger or older. It was NEVER said that you couldn't like someone your own age. Also about the curl up bawling comment... It's no different than someone your own age it was honestly a stupid comment to make. Age isn't a factor in rejection someone your own age can turn you down just as fast as anyone else can, so that doesn't mean anyone is going to never date again. Just going to make a simple suggestion... BEFORE commenting read the first post in the thread to at least see what this is about.

It's A Good Thing I'm A Cat
RoyalMadameE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:43 AM   #22
muffinfairy
getDare Devil

Hasn't there been a thread on this already?
I'd date anyone I liked, was cute + didn't have a foot fetish. Old or young.

Masturbation 101:
[22:35:44] BettyBoop: It is really hard to get off.
[22:36:19] BettyBoop: I find that using a small piece of sellotape is the best way

http://ask.fm/muffinfairy
Snap: penis4fuffin {if you wish to snap penis or similar}
Snap: muffinfairy {add your username if spamming me}
KIK: muffinfairy {all rarely checked}

Territory Signature=Close **
muffinfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:46 AM   #23
ctsubguy

With the right person age shouldn't really matter. However, I have noticed that the "half plus seven" rule of thumb works for me.

If you aren't acquainted with the rule:
  • If his/her age is less than (half your age, plus seven), he/she is probably too young for you.
  • If your age is less than (half his/her age, plus seven), he/she is probably too old for you.

So, for example, if you were 20 years old, this rule of thumb would suggest focusing your attention on people who are between age 17 (=(20/2)+7) and age 26 (=(20-7)×2).

That rule probably needs to be amended to consider local age-of-consent laws...but that goes without saying.

Before I get flamed, remember that it's just a rule of thumb. I've known happy/successful couples who weren't bothered by the age difference; and I've known couples who were just a few years apart in age, but whose maturity levels were different enough that they were doomed to failure.

But those exceptions aside, at least for me, it seems a decent standard to begin with.
ctsubguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #24
amandahan
getDare Sweetheart

Rainbow

well~~
20≤ fine with me ≤35
btw, i'm 23 now

MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT EATING GUMMY BEARS IS KNOWING THAT THEY CAN'T FIGHT BACK WHEN YOU BITE THEIR HEADS OFF ~ ~ ~
amandahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #25
tilly01
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to tilly01 Send a message via Yahoo to tilly01

I don't understand it, many married couples tend to be years apart like 5-10 + apart, yet people make such a huge deal out of a 3 year difference. I suppose it's just the maturity level and such. For me if dating 2 years max.
tilly01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
age difference, relationship