Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 09-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
Mythologist
getDare Sweetheart

Default Non-Painful Alternatives

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. My slave was kind enough to purchase quite a bit of special equipment for our sessions, including a single-tail whip, a flogger, a riding crop, and a cane. Problem is, she is really reluctant to use them. Any advice? Should I try to break her of her fear of pain, or just use the whip etc. only when she's messed up big time?

Think I'm awesome and want to play with me? Check out my ad! http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=176741
Mythologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
LilAngel
getDare Addict

First of all, this would depend on whether the relationship is online or offline. If it was offline, then rather than using those items as a way to bring pain, I suggest that you should first introduce it as an implement used for pleasure.

For example, a session can be just you giving a light stroke with say a riding crop every 3-5 minutes, with no other touch, and her obviously in some form of bondage.

However, if this was online, then you might want to encourage her to use it instead, by giving her 'as much time is needed', and a reward will be given each time she uses one of them.

The most important thing is that she realizes that almost any toy/ implement in d/s can be used and portrayed very differently.

Her fear of pain shouldn't have anything to do with whips, crops etc. So you should also have a session where she is experiencing pain by either using households items (such as balancing a certain number of books with her hands out to the side for a certain period of time) or you physically doing something to her with your hands, etc.

Hope this helps.

Oh and I think this is more suited for the S/M Lounge. Moved.

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
LilAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
Mythologist
getDare Sweetheart

Thanks for the relocation and the advice. ^^ That gives me some good ideas on how to help cure her of her fear. It's an online relationship, by the way.

Think I'm awesome and want to play with me? Check out my ad! http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=176741
Mythologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
Dark_Baron

Send a message via MSN to Dark_Baron

She is afraid of pain, not the instruments. The problem is paid and whips are connected in her perspective. Break this fault connection by using "painful" instruments for giving pleasure and not pain. Check this:

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showpost....79&postcount=6

Also, let her realize that pain does not always hurt if it is in really small amounts and well controlled.
Dark_Baron is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk