Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 09-12-2018, 09:51 PM   #1
outback girl

Default do the well written ads work?

I was wondering with all the slave master ads on here do the well written ads work?
I would like to hear from people that have written good ads with plenty of info in them to find out if they found what they were looking for or they just had bad replies to their ad.

What do you think makes good ad and what don't you like about some of the ads.

I am not looking for a Master or a Dom.
outback girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:20 PM   #2
anoo666

my answer would be , it depends
Last i did write an ad was a very long time ago, so keep that in mind

People will ignore what you write, they will ask you to be a dom if you search for a slave , they will ask you to sub if you are a dom. People will ignore any of your limits. So for a major part of the site a well written ad ill have zero effect to be honest. Especially if you are on high demand like Dommes, Doms, female slave.

That said to find the few quality people it can help but requires not only a well written ad but a lot of sorting through after to find the one in 50 that might actually work well.
And this one may not be good at writing at all making finding him/her even harder.
Sorting out by well written or not may not always be the best option too, unless being good at writing ads is a requirement for the person you are searching for.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:00 AM   #3
herpderp42
getDare Addict

I totally agree with anoo.
I think a proper ad should have certain points it should cover. But from there on it doesn´t get much better with increasing length since getting to know each other by chatting should always be required.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:05 AM   #4
SpiderSophie

In my experience, only the long ads are worthwhile - they show someone who is committed.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:17 AM   #5
PrincessJessica
Truth or Dare Zealot

Although I've never written an ad then, when I found my Mistress anyway, having a well-written ad was a huge selling point for me replying. It meant I knew we had similar interests and at least a vague idea things might work out. It's also good for setting basic expectations like how often you should communicate and if friendship beyond just kink play is on the cards.

Short ads, like one short paragraph (or even a few one-liners) just show a lack of commitment, imagination and ideas. Write too long & precise though and you risk pigeon-holing yourself to someone who likely doesn't exist. Either way, a trial period of some sort will be needed.

Oh, and as a female, I'm afraid it seems you'll get tons of replies that don't fully read your ad even if it is perfectly written. Good luck with your search (if you are indeed searching and not just curious lol)
Subscribe to my nudes and help deny me

Loves: Bets, Denial, Feminisation, Humiliation, Online Exhibitionism, Teasing
Likes: a2m, Body Writing, Degradation (to a degree), Exposure, Femdom, Pain, RP, SPH
Dislikes: (Small) Anal, CBT, Cornertime, Cum Eating
Limits:
Blackmail, Dangerous, Face (my choice), Public

PM & Kik dares / Sub Guide (Full Likes & Limits) / Toys & Clothes
PrincessJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to PrincessJessica for this post:
Old 09-13-2018, 05:46 AM   #6
ares66

I would definitely agree with the above.
However I would add this too. If you post an ad, you are likely to get two sorts of replies. The good ones, sensible, worthwhile, articulate, from people who might be worth considering and the one liners, illiterate, casual and worthless.
So ask yourself, which are you most likely to take note of, to read and maybe reply to? Pretty obviously that will be to the good replies.
The crucial thing is this; nearly all of those good, interesting replies will have been sent ONLY if you have posted a good ad, as the worthwhile people who write them will not reply to poor ads in the first place.
So, bottom line. Write a good ad and attract the sort of people who will send good replies.

That's how I see it.

Master Ares
ares66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:57 AM   #7
sciencegal

I'm probably in a different boat than many of the other posters, but I agree with whats been said. I've posted a few ads in the past that were very long and detailed, but I got practically no responses. However, this had more to do with who I was searching for rather than any other factor (being a girl seeking a girl on this site is quite a challenge). You will always find that people ignore everything you've written and either look at your gender (mostly if you're female) and your title (dominants specifically) and then send a message hoping you'll forget all the time and effort you put into making your ad and choose them. This sort of makes sense given that the vast majority of users on the site are submissive males, so finding a partner would be challenging I imagine.

I also believe that the amount of detail you provide is critical to finding a serious match. If you're looking for casual play, you might not need to include all that much detail about yourself since your relationship is just casual and for play only. But if you're seeking a D/s connection or a relationship with a friendship as an element, providing detail for candidates to read is a huge plus. It lets them get a sense of who you are and what you're after before they reply, allowing them to see if they would fit what you're looking for and vise versa.

My best advice is to write an ad that you'd want to reply to.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #8
Happy Me

Talking

I’ve always gotten loads of responses. About 90% of them were poo. Every time I’ve placed an ad though I’ve gotten at least one really excellent response that lead to good long term things. Since I only need one good reply the 90% poo doesn’t matter!
Old 09-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #9
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

They don't always work and do bring about trolls but, you do get some good responses once in a while.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:09 PM   #10
outback girl

Thank you to everybody who replied to my thread and i appreciate everybody's input to my question.

I am not looking for a Master or a Dom.
outback girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:18 AM   #11
fromo
Distinguished Member

You'll find that if your female you'll get swarmed with responses, if your male the responses will be far, far, far slower. I've always put allot of effort into my adds, the responses, when I get them tend to be ok, though half of them tend to not read the add at all and aren't even remotely what I'm seeking.
It's worth the effort imo because it shows a good side with attention to detail, puts your best foot forwards, just dont rely solely on the add, all of my best subs have actually come from the chat on here, the add has just helped build their interest towards me.
That all said, my current add has been up since May. I've had maybe 10-15 responses in all of that time with maybe 3 being anything close to what i'm seeking. If your male, you simply get buried with everyone else, even reaching the top adds section hasn't made much of a difference for me.
Will find a vessel in the paleblood moon..."

My Current Add Searching For A Sub:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=431569
fromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:27 AM   #12
Simi

Me and pup did a very thorough add together, the responses we got rather varried in quuality, from a few 1 liners or single word answerrs to one who sent maybe 4 or 5 messages hitting the PM cap in response.
The way i see it is you are much more likeoly to get a response of quality with a well written add, however remember there is the female/male divide on how much responses you get. Those who are known on the forums will also tend to get a bit more as well.

Come join our free Getdare Minecraft Server!
More players are always welcome!

Want to be interrogated?
Assorted questionnaire links!

Fancy a pounding from a piggy?
Check out my anal stretching dice dare!

Training Threads:

Fantasised about being hypnotised and trained?
Visit the Hypnosis Training Advice thread!

Become a piss slut at the
Piss drinking Academy

About me, and likes/limits
My bdsm test
Torment a Piggy (Pm Dares)
Simi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:18 AM   #13
MasterMichaelNY
Account Banned

What I found out, is to be active on the form seems to get more interest than the ads.

But the whole key to posting, is not spamming every section with a post, but to do one good post a day, were you personality shines thru.

Post in TORD area, in stuff that interest you, so when you get a PM, and a person says they like your post, and they also like the subject your posting on, you have a start of common ground to chat about.

Kik, MasterMichaelNY
Email, [email protected]
MasterMichaelNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk