Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM   #1
Simi

Rainbow Sleepy time with simi! Lets talk about dreams

I want to talk about your dreams, or how you perceive them. I am non visual (Aphantasia) and it means I can't visualise things so the rare times i have a dream it's more like the words of a story going through my head. As a result it makes how others perceive dreams a intriguing to me so please answer what you can

Do you dream?

Did you ever dream?

Have your dreams changed over the years? just the topic or how you perceive them too?

If you had to explain how a dream feels for you to someone who has never dreamed, how would you?

What senses are involved in your dreams?

Is there one which feels stronger than normal? Especially vivid images etc?

What was the last good dream that you remember?

What was the last bad dream?

Do you/have you ever lucid dreamed?

If so, what does that feel like for you?

Are your dreams mostly akin to normal life?

Are your dreams very abstract?

Do you have any repeating patterns in your dreams?

Do you find meaning in them?

Do you or have you ever dream journalled? if so, why?

Come join our free Getdare Minecraft Server!
More players are always welcome!

Want to be interrogated?
Assorted questionnaire links!

Fancy a pounding from a piggy?
Check out my anal stretching dice dare!

Training Threads:

Fantasised about being hypnotised and trained?
Visit the Hypnosis Training Advice thread!

Become a piss slut at the
Piss drinking Academy

About me, and likes/limits
My bdsm test
Torment a Piggy (Pm Dares)
Simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM   #2
Total Sub Girl

I want to talk about your dreams, or how you perceive them. I am non visual (Aphantasia) and it means I can't visualise things so the rare times i have a dream it's more like the words of a story going through my head. As a result it makes how others perceive dreams a intriguing to me so please answer what you can

Do you dream? Not Always but yes sometimes.

Did you ever dream?

Have your dreams changed over the years? just the topic or how you perceive them too? Yes, and no, there are new things that come up usually because of something that happened in my life. But old ones come up also.

If you had to explain how a dream feels for you to someone who has never dreamed, how would you? Hard to do, but I will give it a go. Much like you I don't dream in images (which I knew wasn't common but didn't know there was a name for it) For me it is also like a story being read in my mind. But there is a deeper connection to my emotions than when I read when I'm awake, deeper even than my emotions are normally when I'm awake. I have a fear of falling. But never am I more afraid to the point of heart stopping terror than when I fall in a dream, but at the other end when something funny happens I often wake up laughing with a depth of joy I don't get when awake.

What senses are involved in your dreams? All of them except sight. I don't see the images just hear the story, but if there is wind I hear it blow past, I feel it across my skin and I smell the morning grass in the breeze

Is there one which feels stronger than normal? Especially vivid images etc? As said no images, but the feelings of bad dreams are a bit more vivid than the good.

What was the last good dream that you remember? I was piloting a plane. Diving down towards the ground and just as I get close I pull the yolk and start heading back up leaving my stomach behind as the g forces hit

What was the last bad dream? I was being chased by a clown, I don't know why I was afraid I don't have a fear of clowns and this clown wasn't doing anything scary. Just got the creeps from him so ran.

Do you/have you ever lucid dreamed? Yes on occasion when I try, sometimes when I dont, I prefer them. I have some agency as I gain a little control over the dream

If so, what does that feel like for you? Answered above, its mostly the same except I can guide the dream and at the back of my mind Im somewhat aware Im dreaming

Are your dreams mostly akin to normal life? Sometimes but not always

Are your dreams very abstract? Hard to tell because of the lack of images

Do you have any repeating patterns in your dreams? Ive never noticed, but never actually taken note to look

Do you find meaning in them? sometimes yes

Do you or have you ever dream journalled? if so, why?No not really, I have never hadd an interest in keeping track of them

Like & Limits
PM Dares

KIK: TotalSubGirl
BDSM Test

Active chastity session.
Total Sub Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Total Sub Girl for this post:
Old Today, 09:20 AM   #3
redcamel
getDare Addict

Do you dream?
Yes

Did you ever dream?
Well, science says that everybody dreams every night, so I presume I did it, but most of the times I wasn't aware

Have your dreams changed over the years? just the topic or how you perceive them too?
Not easy for me to say, because, as I said, almost all of the times I don't remember my dreams. In the last times, having carpal tunnel issues it happens to me that I wake up during the night, and sometimes it happens during a dream, so I have the exact perception that I was dreaming, and most of the times I remember also what the dream was, but or I fell asleep in few seconds, or anyway the dream fades away in few seconds and I'm not able to remember.

If you had to explain how a dream feels for you to someone who has never dreamed, how would you?
For me it's like to live a parallel life in a parallel universe, where the phisical rules can be different (i.e. sometimes I can fly, without wings or flying machines), but substantially it's very similar to the real world (well, is it really real? )

What senses are involved in your dreams?
Mainly the view. I have some real problems in perceiving odors, and for what I remember also my dreams are odorless, if we can say so. Curiosely they are also sound free, even if I love music and have a good musical ear. It looks like communications with other people in the dream are made with words, but soundless, as in a sort of telepathy

Is there one which feels stronger than normal? Especially vivid images etc?
Not that I remember

What was the last good dream that you remember?
No one, but I remember the beautiful feeling to start to jump higher and higher until I can fly, short flights, indeed, not like travelling, but like moving around "my world" with no limits

What was the last bad dream?
I'm pretty sure in my childness I had bad dreams, something like my beloved granny was a bad person, but in the last years I feel like I never have bad dreams.

Do you/have you ever lucid dreamed?
Not sure if you mean this, but a couple of times it happened to me to dream being aware to be dreaming, something like having one foot in the parallel world of dreams and one in the real life, enjoying the feeling and trying not to disturb the dreaming part of me. In Tibetan culture being able to make such a thing is considered as a sign of the rare power to have consciousness during the process of reincarnation after the death and, to some extent, control it. We will see (as late as possible, anyway )

If so, what does that feel like for you?
I think I answered above

Are your dreams mostly akin to normal life?
Less or more yes, I dream in a world similar to the real one, with the "extensions" I said before, but it's not a copy of my real life.

Are your dreams very abstract?
I'd say no, except that they are dreams, of course

Do you have any repeating patterns in your dreams?
The only thing that I can remember as repeating is the ability to fly, but it looks like being not a recurring dream but just a feature to use when needed (it's curious that sometimes in my dreams I "remember" that I have used such a feature in the past and then use it again).

Do you find meaning in them?
In my life I made a lot of experiences, diving, climbing, ski touring, sailing, horseriding and so on, having a lot of fun, but the only thing that scares me is flying, even with regular airlines. Probably this ability to fly, besides the fact that none of the other experiences I made seems to find place in my dreams, has some meaning, but I couldn't say if it's just a safe complement of the reality, or just a try to exorcise the fear to fly, or something else.

Do you or have you ever dream journalled? No. if so, why? I can't see no useful reason to journal them
redcamel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
dream, dreaming, questions, simi, truth, truths