Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-20-2023, 12:38 PM   #1
nipple slave
getDare Sweetheart

Default Attempted Blackmail (Need advice)

In hindsight I know I should have been more careful, but as the title of my post says, I sent someone intimate content and they threatened to expose it if I didn't send them money.

What I did was delete any messages involving the images/videos(though whether or not that deleted it on their end I'm unsure.) and then blocked and reported their account.

Just curious if anyone thinks this is the right move or if anyone has any advice as to what else I could do.

Likes:Nipple Torture, Spanking, cbt, edging, outdoors/hidden public, risk of getting caught, rules, varying degrees of pain, humiliation, degradation, pet play, funishments

Limits: Family, friends, full public nudity, consuming pee/poop, bodily fluids of any kind really, permanent marks, shaving, pics/videos

PM Dares

Nipple torture and Denial thread
nipple slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 12:46 PM   #2
nipple slave
getDare Sweetheart

Please anyone? I'm really anxious and don't know what to do

Likes:Nipple Torture, Spanking, cbt, edging, outdoors/hidden public, risk of getting caught, rules, varying degrees of pain, humiliation, degradation, pet play, funishments

Limits: Family, friends, full public nudity, consuming pee/poop, bodily fluids of any kind really, permanent marks, shaving, pics/videos

PM Dares

Old 04-20-2023, 12:53 PM   #3
atownesq
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to atownesq

Point out that what they did is illegal as you did not consent to financial blackmail. They are guilty of extortion and let them know that if they do expose you, you will go straight to the authorities. Make it clear that if they take you down, you can take them down too.

Dislikes: public, corner time, shaving, exposure, drinking pee, anal, forced bi, writing lines, pics/cam.

Limits: Illegal, permanent/long term harm, financial, vomit, pee hole insertions, blood, needles, involving others without consent.

PM Dares

Toys/Clothes
atownesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 12:55 PM   #4
nipple slave
getDare Sweetheart

I made it very clear that I didn't agree to it and did mention that.

I've also made any all all accounts they knew about as private as possible. Do you think I have done all that I could?

PM Dares

Old 04-20-2023, 03:06 PM   #5
Rando89
Account Banned

1. Private all your accounts
2. Delete all messages sent with that person
3. If possible, change your username/social media handles temporarily.
4. Usually, this relies on fear. Don't show them that you're afraid, even if you are.

It will be okay, what do you think is the worst case scenario?
Rando89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 07:44 PM   #6
nipple slave
getDare Sweetheart

Most of my stuff is private already so I don't think they could have gotten contact info for anyone I know really. But I guess worst case they may have gotten some way to contact my friends. I'm pretty sure everything is fine now as they threatened to expose everything within 5 minutes around noon (roughly 10 hours ago) and no one has messaged me anything about it which all my friends would have done. I'm assuming they realized I wasn't worth the time after I stopped responding

PM Dares

Old 04-21-2023, 12:33 AM   #7
g-man

You've done exactly the right thing by ceasing all communication and then reporting the associated accounts. I'll elaborate on the latter part though, as occasionally some things are missed.

* If the initial contact was through gD, and then moved to another messenger (Kik tends to be the usual route, but you'll occasionally see skype too). Screenshot the entire conversation, so that the username / messenger ID can clearly be seen, along with the conversation where it shows this person has tried to extort you.
* Report the account to the owner of the messenger service, and include the chat transcripts (Kik has a feature where you can do this automatically)

The accounts will get banned on both platforms as a result. Sadly it is quite easy to make new accounts and try again, but I've found raising awareness and wasting their time are the greatest tools against these people, as they're always looking for the quick and easy mark.

Some general tips: (I might actually write a whole thread about this when I get some free time, since I've noticed an increase in this sort of behaviour recently).

* When creating usernames, try to use different usernames for every service you use, and where possible use a different email account on creation. My gD/Kinktalk usernames are the same, and tie into the same email address, but those are completely separate to everything else in my life.

* When meeting someone new, and they ask for your name. Give them a fake one. Feel free to explain that they may call you this for the time being, and once you've gotten to know them better you may release your real name if you trust them enough.

* Never give out real life, identifiable social medias until a level of trust has been built in a relationship.

* Dont send compromising pictures until you've agreed to enter a dynamic

* Don't enter a dynamic too quickly. Make them wait a few days. People genuinely interested in you will spend the time getting to know you. Anyone who tries to push you into something, generally speaking isn't someone you can trust.

The people who run these extortion scams tend to follow a very specific script. The majority of those I've encountered tend to follow a pattern:

- They will ask you for your name, age, country of residence, and then what work you do for a living.
- They'll then follow up with your kinks (and occasionally limits).
- Usually around this stage where they'll ask for pictures, and there's usually some word salad that implies you aren't a "true submissive" if you don't send them a nude photo. At this stage they might send you a few pictures, and they might show as "live" if its through kik. Important note: You can download mods for kik that makes fake pictures look real. I'd suggest you do your own research on this since Im not sure if this is bordering on to EULA territory for gD
- There might be some random excuse at this point, but they'll start phishing for information about other social media accounts you have, like your google hangouts, twitter ID, and so forth. This is the point when they'll attempt to extort you.

There are some resources to help though if you need a bit further guidance, I'll link them below, and if you need someone to talk to about the experience, you can always message me directly if it makes you more comfortable.

As always folks, play safe

G-man
g-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 01:17 PM   #8
Uselessboy2

It happened the same to me, got threatened to post everything online if i didnt pay. But think most only want the money, posting it is just a lie to force you into paying. Never do it as you may end up having to send more material and keep paying.

If you have the pics do a reverse search online for them and if you find them go see the police.

But dont worry for now, most dont take the time to do it. Its not that hard finding who posted them these days so wont risk being arrested.

Hope this helped you and stay safe.

Kik uselessboy0

Last orgasm 11th of December

Denied by girls denial: 6th of July, afterwards 8 more months to do from Dom

Strokes 0/3600, edges 0/16

Rules, Likes/Dislikes/Limits and Toys

Pm Dares
Uselessboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk