Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 07-13-2018, 04:15 AM   #1
Stardares

Default How does getDare stand up as a place to find a partner now?

I've been around gD for a long fuckin' time, but i've only recently freed up my time enough to want to look for a submissive again.

How does getDare fare in terms of actually providing a decent mix of people nowadays? I spoke to a couple friends and they suggested just hitting up fetlife, but i've always seen fl as more of a way to find places to meet up at.

Is the distribution of female submissives open to a partner still roughly the same or has getDare's glory age ended?

Dislikes: Walnut cake, time wasters.

I'm currently looking for a submissive or a slave, I'm sure I have an advert somewhere.
Stardares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:19 AM   #2
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardares View Post
I've been around gD for a long fuckin' time, but i've only recently freed up my time enough to want to look for a submissive again.

How does getDare fare in terms of actually providing a decent mix of people nowadays? I spoke to a couple friends and they suggested just hitting up fetlife, but i've always seen fl as more of a way to find places to meet up at.

Is the distribution of female submissives open to a partner still roughly the same or has getDare's glory age ended?
I am a female looking for a male partner and I have struggled both on getdare and fetlife for the past year. I think no matter where you look, you have to wade through a lot of non matches before you find the right fit for yourself.

There are far less submissives and even less female submissives on getdare than dominants and males. But I think that ratio is similar to other places.

I find even in places like fetlife where there appears to be more woman, more of then want to be left alone and aren't searching.

My suggestion is not to limit yourself. Post an ad in both places.

I find getdare easier to get involved in the community and meet people organically if you are looking to meet somebody online only. Fetlife I mostly use for kink events etc.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Butterfly for this post:
Old 07-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #3
MischievousKitten
gD king

I am a sub and I haven't had any luck at all finding anyone here. The one person that was interested said the next day he wouldn''t have time for me. Luckily I found another domme somewhere else. Are there really more dominants than submissives here? It never seemed like it to me.

(It lists my old Dom there too lazy to change it)

Full Likes/Dislikes
PM Dares
My Transition
My Rules
Things I have
BDSMTest (3/14/2018)

Biggest denial: 175 days
MischievousKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:17 PM   #4
Wedgiebondagebabe
getDare Addict

I cannot speak for the past, but I can say this. I think the biggest issue with the small female population is that yes there are less of us to begin with, but places like getDare and Fetlife are full with people who are new to kink and it only takes one bad experience to ruin it for a lot of people. For the females I know, the biggest thing is we get bombarded by the stupid spam comments when we become active, or are active often. There are people who will go through the online list looking for females and send unwanted personal messages.

With that being said, when I didn't have a boyfriend, if I hit it off conversation wise with someone, I was more likely to play. So with that being said, the ad section has its benefits, but I feel like the more successful approach is being active in chat, threads, and with your ad to get the best results. I do not think there is one way that works more than others. The only thing I think I can guarantee is kindness, common sense, and moving at a slow place.

You said you have been on getDare for a few months so if I am repeating something you already know, I apologize. I also wish you the best with your search.

Happily engaged!

My Likes & Limits:
My AMA
My Human Sex Map
My BDSM Test Results

This needs to end

I am NOT looking for a dom or sub at this time
Please do not send me PM messages asking for
tasks, dares, games, or forfeits
Wedgiebondagebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #5
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MischievousKitten View Post
I am a sub and I haven't had any luck at all finding anyone here. The one person that was interested said the next day he wouldn''t have time for me. Luckily I found another domme somewhere else. Are there really more dominants than submissives here? It never seemed like it to me.
I meant that there are less female subs than there are Doms. I would probable put the population of getDare in the following order (1 people the most)

1. Male subs
2. Male doms
3. Female subs
4. Female doms

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote