Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares > Bets & Challenges

Old 11-29-2021, 12:25 PM   #1
KnottyWolf

Lightbulb Squid Game - feedback on idea and planning

I’ve been thinking about trying to run a game based on the tv show “Squid Games.” This is a work in progress and I am not currently recruiting for the game. I am mostly here to get a few ideas to flush out the rules for the getDare version, and to see if people would be interested in playing.

SPOILER ALERT: if you haven’t seen the show and plan to, do not keep reading, there are spoilers ahead.

In the show, a large pool of contestants signs up for the game for a chance to win a huge prize without knowing much about the game. There will be only one winner. At the beginning, they do not know anything about the mechanics of the game. During the first game, they find out that if they lose, they are killed, however, many still chose to return and play again for a chance to win the huge prize. The game is played in rounds, where each round is an individual school-yard type game that eliminates part of the group.

Obviously, a few things need to change for the getDare version. First, it’s clearly not going to be a life-or-death game, but the penalty for losing needs to be big enough that nobody playing wants to lose. On top of that, everyone on getDare has individual kinks, likes and limits. Ideally, players would have a penalty for losing that would push their limits in a good way (something they are nervous but excited about exploring), would be a big or complicated dare for them, or could be a strong dislike that would motivate them to play well. Personally, one of my main kinks is punishment and discipline, so the concept of having a kink where the submissive is attracted to risking the chance of having something they do not like done to them seems natural. Would others here be interested in playing for these types of stakes?

I thought of an idea to help pick good penalties for the players, but could really use input on this part. My idea is that entrants have to negotiate their penalty with a friend or partner. My hope is that the other person might help push them while keeping the task reasonable and achievable, because let’s face it, almost everyone who signs up is going to have to do their task. Depending on if I am running the game alone or with help (volunteers anyone one?), the game staff could help if someone does not have someone to negotiate with. Ideally though, everyone wanting to play would have at least someone on getDare that they could talk to for working this out. For the penalty payment, the contestant would specify if they lose, how they will report on their task. They could choose to include evidence in the form of a detailed written report, a narrated audio report, media (audio, pictures, or clips) of the penalty, or a combination of these depending on their preference.

For the logistics of the game, I thought discord might work well for interaction and game announcements. I am open to ideas, but I have a few games already planned. Some would have a sexual nature to them, some less so. It would be helpful to talk a few of these out, but I am not going to publish them publicly because I want them to be a surprise to contestants. If I get good volunteers for staff, we can discuss them internally. I might need to collect some likes/dislikes/limits info from players signing up to make sure each game would work for them. Generally, they would be simple and not take too much time. Logistically, they would not run in real time, so about 2-3 days to finish the game and report the results, followed by a day or two to prepare for the next round. I am thinking 5-6 rounds total to get the final winner.

I’ve been struggling to come up with a big prize that would motivate people to play, but maybe I am overthinking it. The two things I have come up with are: 1) You are the only contestant who will get access to the channel where penalty reports are shared without having to experience your penalty and 2) you can negotiate a large prize with the person you negotiate your penalty with. First, I have a feeling at least a few players will be interested without a huge prize just to play a fun, kinky game. Second, it could provide an interesting negotiation with your friend if you can talk about what the reward will be as well.

Apologies for the long post, but if you made it to the end, please give me feedback and let me know if you’d be interested in participating if I can get this off the ground.

Best,
Wolf

I love games and taking risks. I am here to push myself to be social, daring, and even kinkier. Likes, dislikes, limits in blog posts.
KnottyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to KnottyWolf for this post:
Old 11-30-2021, 02:24 AM   #2
Brasissy

sure!!!

i volunteer to be a staff.

if im bad at my job, toss me in the game.

fyi, i love wearing panty and bra, as a penalty.

please kik this sissy at: gwscion

also, go to: www.writeforme.org i am brasissy on there

Here are my likes and limits:

likes: crossdressing, self bondage, wedgies, sound depravation, private exposing

limits: public, anal, poop, pee (except in a diaper), visable body writing

live:d11eaccc5e592495
Brasissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:01 AM   #3
trin

Interesting idea. I haven't watched the show (it's a bit dark for me), but from what I understand, all the contestants are in some kind of financial or other trouble to start with, making the prize on offer more appealing.

Perhaps you could have, as part of that negotiation, some kind additional forfeit that happens if they chicken out? So the contestants start the game already in jeopardy and the 'prize' is actually just freedom from both forfeits.

Just a thought...

Limits: denial, cross-dressing, slavery, face (until I know you well), gross, heavy pain, risky public, social suicide, you know, the usual...

Kik: trinagain
trin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:34 AM   #4
Ch4rl13

Sounds like an amazing idea. Would helping talk it through preclude me playing?
Old 11-30-2021, 11:58 AM   #5
Percivalllll

Well there is some cultural background here, as an Asian, the game played in the show are all popular games played in the pre-digital age, which actually make a lot of contrast by the conflict between the childish games and life-or-death penalty. So as most of the participants will be Europeans(maybe Americans?) it’s closer to the show if you choose some games based on similar idea that it sounds innocent, but may result in an erotic penalty, which creates the huge contrast.
Btw, I would also like to be part of it.
Percivalllll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:58 AM   #6
KnottyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasissy View Post
sure!!!

i volunteer to be a staff.

if im bad at my job, toss me in the game.

fyi, i love wearing panty and bra, as a penalty.
I love the enthusiasm. I am not sure it is what I am going for in terms of having a penalty that you love. How about one you strongly dislike instead. I suppose it is up to you hand whomever you end up negotiating with if you go that route.

I really don't like the idea of having staff that is purposefully trying to be bad at their job. I was thinking more of someone who had ideas but was more of a top and wanted to be involved without the risk. Thank you for the offer though. You are defiantly welcome to join as a participant when we start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trin View Post
Interesting idea. I haven't watched the show (it's a bit dark for me), but from what I understand, all the contestants are in some kind of financial or other trouble to start with, making the prize on offer more appealing.

Perhaps you could have, as part of that negotiation, some kind additional forfeit that happens if they chicken out? So the contestants start the game already in jeopardy and the 'prize' is actually just freedom from both forfeits.

Just a thought...
I like the idea, but I'm a little unsure of how it would work since almost everyone is going to have to do their forfeit in the end anyways. Really only one person gets out of it.

It did make me think of a negotiating tactic I picked up in a class before though. It was referred to as BATNA or the best alternative to a negotiated agreement. I don't know that I would need to enforce it, but the way it would work is you have to pick something you 100% do not want to do, but would do if forced. Then, you enter the negotiation knowing that if you can't negotiate a better penalty with your negotiating partner, the horrible thing you chose for yourself becomes your penalty. I'm not sure I want to focus too heavily on it this time as it turns the game more into a negotiation game than intended, but it is interesting.

I agree that perhaps entering with the mindset that you have a debt to pay would be a good way to join. A similar effect could be achieved if any D/s players consensually convince their subs to enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch4rl13 View Post
Sounds like an amazing idea. Would helping talk it through preclude me playing?
Absolutely not. Feel free to PM or post ideas. I can't promise I'll use everything I get, but it would be good to talk through. I will also try not to let slip any details that I feel would ruin the surprises I am planning or give away the games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percivalllll View Post
Well there is some cultural background here, as an Asian, the game played in the show are all popular games played in the pre-digital age, which actually make a lot of contrast by the conflict between the childish games and life-or-death penalty. So as most of the participants will be Europeans(maybe Americans?) it’s closer to the show if you choose some games based on similar idea that it sounds innocent, but may result in an erotic penalty, which creates the huge contrast.
Btw, I would also like to be part of it.
Generally I agree with what you said. However, I might include some spicy elements to some of the games just to keep it interesting and entice people to play. When I watched the show, it was interesting to see the duality of how innocent games became extremely competitive when big stakes were on the line.

---

I am thinking of posting for signups this weekend or early next week with the game starting a few days after. There would be 5 or 6 rounds depending on the number of contestants each with a few days to complete.

I love games and taking risks. I am here to push myself to be social, daring, and even kinkier. Likes, dislikes, limits in blog posts.
KnottyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:04 PM   #7
alanw22163

Default Great idea

Have me in....
kik:alanbun221

Denied since: 20-02-2022
Denied till: dont know

Likes : dares, truths, edging, denial, chastity, anal, semi public, humiliation, cuckold.

Limits : messy stuff, ass to mouth, scat, pee, friends & family, face and personal info

Last edited by alanw22163; 12-05-2021 at 02:31 PM.
alanw22163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 02:20 AM   #8
Ch4rl13

Such a fun concept,so here are a few thoughts:
  • In the Netflix series, contestants are tested to see they're serious and desperate enough (in our cases kinky enough) to play. 1-3 tests could be a fun way to check who is serious and committed enough to play to be worth bothering to work out forfeits for etc.
  • If you lose in round 1 are you out? What will the journey be for the average player?
  • The idea of a forfeit so kinky nobody wants to lose is powerful. Ideally, people maybe have a friend who can help decide but depending on numbers would it be fun to have groups of 5-6 contestants decide each others forfeits? The alternative could be saying nothing illegal, permanent damage etc. and picking something suitably challenging but the same for all. Alternatively, you could have 1 humiliation option, 1 pain option and one mystery option to balance simplicity & people's individual likes/limits.
  • Discord seems like a great idea as the website doesn't always work for me so messaging can be very hit and miss.
  • Big prize idea? Great concept but very hard to get right in practice. I'm thinking that the real prize is the buzz of playing & winning & knowing others had to do their forfeits along the way. Maybe just a title for their signature as a reminder of their eternal glory "Squid Game Winner 2021".
  • What do you most need help with at the moment? I'd love to play the game but are there things I could help with too?
Old 12-04-2021, 03:48 PM   #9
DavyRobson

i would like to participate being player
kik:davyrobson

likes:breathplay,choking,blackmail, worship:boot,feet,cock, pussy,feminization;forced:homosexuality,servitude; crossdressing,hypno, serving others,ashtray,furniture,voyeurism
limits:no have , toys,bestiality,electricity,enema,findom,fisting,f irepaly,figging,piss,scat,needle,nettles,semi-public,sounding
DavyRobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk