Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 03-31-2016, 12:47 AM   #1
boredevil

Default delete account

I have had an issue with someone trying to find me in real life by my profile and kik and i would like to delete my account but dont know how.
boredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 03:55 AM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

When one removes his account (which is not possible), all his posts are removed also. This will create (big) gabs in threads, though in your case only a few if not none with your total of 16 posts. So this wouldn't really pose a problem if it weren't for the principle. Because if you were allowed to delete your account, other people who want theirs deleted as well will start making these requests also.

As for the problem on hand; being anxious of your real identity being revealed by a stranger, I suggest you remove all the information on your profile. If you decide to lock down your profile, people will only see your (posting) statistics. As for your other things; avatar, profile picture, visitors messages, albums, 'About Me', et cetera, these could limited to your friends (and mods) only. For this to achieve, you have to un-friend everyone of course. Also, I suggest you to drop your current Kik name and start fresh with a new one, if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
As mods, we are not even able to to delete accounts. The most we would be able to do is perma-ban you account but that would not remove anything. You're stuck. We do not remove things because we wish to keep the integrity of the site in tact. If we were to allow everyone to delete whatever they liked there would be large holes dialog. what you should probably realize is, everything you put on the internet stays there. EVERYTHING. If you don't want something on the internet don't ever put it anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
A.) Deleting certain things can break the flow of a thread
B.) If they start a thread which others have posted on, deleting it would delete all posts and lower other people's posts counts.
C.) There are often lots of requests and some are asking for MANY threads to be deleted. Would you be willing to go through a delete 100 posts?
D.) Often there is no real point to the request. They just want to leave and for some reason also wish to have never existed on this site.
E.) We have a belief in personal responsibility. In this day and age, you should always be aware of what you are posting on the internet and how it could be linked back to you. If you are going to post about taboo topics on the internet, don't post personal info that could be traced back to you. If you can't manage to do that, we aren't going to spend our lives cleaning up your messes.
And thanks, nellybell, for the nice quotes.

Lastly, I think there are some tricks to get your your account a long lasting ban or even a permanent ban. Just break some of the getDare rules. The simplest way to do this would be to write x years old in your signature, thread or post, with x a fake age: 14/ 15/ 16/ 17.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:22 AM   #3
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Risky said a lot in the above post. And it is accurate.

Honestly, if it's a user on this site trying to find you in real life. I'm pretty sure if you contacted the mods or Depp with some sort of proof of the situation, they'd be helpful.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:08 PM   #4
boredevil

Thank you everyone. I hope it is just an issue of someone trying to get in my head.
boredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #5
andrew_b
getDare Cultist (Outer Circle)

Send a message via MSN to andrew_b

I had someone in real life find my account, just brushed it off and it wasn't mentioned again.

I've taken precautions though, changed my name and also got my other name removed from other posts

My Real Experiences
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=81891

Send me a pm if you want, I'm always up for chatting to people

CHECK OUT MY NEW FICTIONAL STORY "Pushed to Fantasy (On Vacation)" LINK BELOW
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthre...00#post4465100

I've also got snapchat, kik, skype and messenger. If you want to add me just send me a pm and I'll give you my username(s)
andrew_b is offline   Reply With Quote