Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 08-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #1
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yours_slave
Thumbs up 'Like' button?

How about a like button in each post, just like in Facebook? In addition to QR, Quote and Multi-quote, little thumbs up and/or thumbs down image buttons at the corner. What other think about that idea? It's like the 'thanks' button in the original thread starter post.
yours_slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
initialrush
Distinguished Member

I was actually thinking exactly the same thing the other day. Although im not sure I like the idea of copying facebook...Maybe a good idea would be to give it a kinky name instead.

Although I do think having a feature like that would possibly decrease user discussions/participation somewhat. Instead of commenting and adding something to the thread people may just hit the hypothetical "like" button.

Not sure. It has good and bad points

27/F/UK

Likes: Mild-harsh pain, orgasm control, nipple play, creative dares, humiliation, degradation, mind fuckery

Dislikes/Punishments: Prolonged pain, anal, corner time, lines, ice, elastic bands

Limits: scat, enemas, diapers, extreme pain, anything too messy, face pics, loudness, public, family, illegal, blood, clothing control/micro management, permanent, long dares, work dares, unrealistic dares and things I think are silly

See my BDSM test results here.
initialrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
Ninjota
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by initialrush View Post
I was actually thinking exactly the same thing the other day. Although im not sure I like the idea of copying facebook...Maybe a good idea would be to give it a kinky name instead.

Although I do think having a feature like that would possibly decrease user discussions/participation somewhat. Instead of commenting and adding something to the thread people may just hit the hypothetical "like" button.

Not sure. It has good and bad points
Something kinkier so like, instead of getting "thanks" you get "spanks"? :P

But, i had though about this idea before as well, im not too sure its the best idea because like said, some people will just hit the like button instead of posting.

And if something does get implimented like this it has to be called "lokes" not "likes"

I.e. Manbearpig Lokes this post.

17 users LOKE this post.
If I was your vampire, death waits for no one
Hold my hands across your face
Because I think our time has come
Ninjota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by yours_slave View Post
How about a like button in each post, just like in Facebook? In addition to QR, Quote and Multi-quote, little thumbs up and/or thumbs down image buttons at the corner. What other think about that idea? It's like the 'thanks' button in the original thread starter post.
Like button would be ok, but I think with both positive and negative buttons you would get people disliking the post just because they don't agree with it.
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Me too was thinking about that long time ago. lol But today only I actually posted it as a suggestion.

First I was thinking about 'Good' and 'Bad' buttons on the user profiles so other users can rate the users. But later I think it would cause harm and the getDare staff would not like that idea. What do you think?

Then I thought about having a mechanism to put likes on posts. It would not create problems right?

I do not think it's 'copying' from Facebook. Zuckerburg didn't invent that idea. lol. It's an idea almost all the popular sites are using. See YouTube for example.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Um... We have the thanks button for this EXACT same purpose. We really don't need anything else.

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
CollaredBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Pencil English is not my first language. Sorry for confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollaredBlondie View Post
Um... We have the thanks button for this EXACT same purpose. We really don't need anything else.
Did you read the whole thing? If so, and if you do not understand it, I apologize for not conveying the idea in English. I said, likes buttons for replies and comments on a original thread. Not the original thread it self. Do you have a Facebook account? If so, have a look at that users can put likes on the comments too in addition to the original post.

Last edited by yours_slave; 08-06-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 08-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

When you 'like' anything off Facebook, it links to your Facebook profile.

I don't want kinky-named getDare threads showing up on my Facebook thanks
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
hornyj

on another forum I'm on they have what they call 'The Reputation System' where by they have a little icon at the bottom of every post that lets you upvote or downvote it. Now you may think well surely thats bad because people will just downvote loads on people the don't like's posts but the rule is you can only have one downvote a day, which seems to work effectively. Also you are limited to 10 upvotes a day so people cant do the opposite and go crazy!

I suppose an addition to this could also be that you can only downvote a post once so that you cant go back to it each day and downvote it because you don't like that paricular user.

I think something like this would be a good addition but to be honest it's not needed for the site.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #10
erick92
Distinguished Member

I think with the "Thanks" feature along with thread rating there's not much of a need for a "like" button.

23/M/USA
erick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #11
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickj92 View Post
I think with the "Thanks" feature along with thread rating there's not much of a need for a "like" button.
This.

And to be honest, it's rare that you see the Thanks feature being used anyway. If it was massively popular and well-used, maybe.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #12
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Cool It's not linked to Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
When you 'like' anything off Facebook, it links to your Facebook profile.

I don't want kinky-named getDare threads showing up on my Facebook thanks
No I didn't even dream of that. LOL

I mean just a 'like' button specially designed for the getDare. It does not linked to any other networks. It uses only here.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #13
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Information There will be a like button for reply 'posts' too

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickj92 View Post
Quote:
This.

And to be honest, it's rare that you see the Thanks feature being used anyway. If it was massively popular and well-used, maybe.
No no no no. Again you got it wrong. Is my English that bad?

I understand that 'thanks' feature does the same things and there is also a rating mechanism too. That's cool. But what I'm asking is, when a person start a new thread, other peoples are beginning to commenting on it. Is there anyway to rate those 'comment' posts?

For example, let's say Me, Mr. Sexy time and CB likes the Doctors post here. i.e.

Quote:
This.

If we 3 put likes on that comment, there will be a link appearing in somewhere in that post saying 3 people likes this or something like that. When a user get the mouse pointer over that link, a tool tip appears saying, 'Yours slave, Mr. Sexy time and CollaredBlondie likes this"

Got it now? Sorry for the confusion
Old 08-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #14
potter1harry
Account Banned

i got it and i like the idea

i have mo limits and must do any dare pmed to me i also want to be a slave
potter1harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #15
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornyj View Post
on another forum I'm on they have what they call 'The Reputation System' where by they have a little icon at the bottom of every post that lets you upvote or downvote it. Now you may think well surely thats bad because people will just downvote loads on people the don't like's posts but the rule is you can only have one downvote a day, which seems to work effectively. Also you are limited to 10 upvotes a day so people cant do the opposite and go crazy!

I suppose an addition to this could also be that you can only downvote a post once so that you cant go back to it each day and downvote it because you don't like that paricular user.

I think something like this would be a good addition but to be honest it's not needed for the site.
In bold is exactly what happened when this site had a rep system and people kept bitching and moaning about it, saying they were being victimised and picked on, until it was removed.
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
button, idea, post