Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 03-21-2016, 06:10 PM   #1
phanmail
Distinguished Member

Location: In the depths of a bunker deep beneath the artic ice caps
Default Cleaning up the M/s Area

This may have been suggested before and if it has I apologize but I think there need to be some changes to the M/s ad area. We keep getting inundated with blatantly fake (or pay for play) female ads that get lots of responses. This in turn pushes down real ads. I think this might be solved by placing a higher word minimum on that part of the board, maybe 300-500 words, if your ad is shorter than that it has to be granted a wavier by a moderator.

Just throwing it out there what do you think?
Note: Due to technical difficulties involving a full grown bull moose and the President of Iceland I am currently unable to return to my Arctic bunker. I have instead relocated to my previous bunker at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean somewhere south of Sable Island.

Dislikes: mild pain mild public.

Soft limits: Other people

Hard Limits: Anal, gross, messy, major pain illegal/illogical.
phanmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
bleonav06
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanmail View Post
This may have been suggested before and if it has I apologize but I think there need to be some changes to the M/s ad area. We keep getting inundated with blatantly fake (or pay for play) female ads that get lots of responses. This in turn pushes down real ads. I think this might be solved by placing a higher word minimum on that part of the board, maybe 300-500 words, if your ad is shorter than that it has to be granted a wavier by a moderator.

Just throwing it out there what do you think?
I think that is a bit high and they could just copy paste it over and over again until they reach the limits required. The way to stop them is for people to stop responding to them but that does not seem like it is going to happen anytime soon so looks like we are shit outta luck.

Limits pics vids scat illegal family extreme pain public wedgies messy

No I don't have or want kik or skype don't bother asking nor do I want to be your mistress nor slave

m/19 switch

I don't have any toys

AMA My first story

Spoiler:
Lol you just wasted your time opening this
bleonav06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:23 PM   #3
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Setting a threshold wouldn't be the solution. Everyone should be able to make their own kind of s/M ad without worrying about having enough words. In most cases, the quality of the ad attracts the same quality of people. So everyone gets to choose what kind of people they are looking for? A casual online hook-up or short-term relationship don't need a long, detailed and paragraphed ad for the OP'er to find someone.

Furthermore, here are some prime examples of ads that stay at the top for no reason.
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=279478
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=279689
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=275267
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=279006
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=273203
As you can see, people continue to respond to the ad. Even though the posts may contain a warning, the thread stays at the top still. I even had to close an ad because it just kept getting bumped up the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanmail View Post
We keep getting inundated with blatantly fake (or pay for play) female ads that get lots of responses.
Lastly, if the person wants money for services, then report the user with proof. Unless the person said it him-/herself on getDare, you should add proof of where the person said it elsewhere. For instance, a screenshot of a Kik conversation in which the person said that you have to pay to continue.

As for the blatently fake ads, if you think it is report-worthy, then report it. Though, there hardly can be found proof of someone posting a blatently fake ad. But when the user has multiple accounts with ad violates any other getDare Forum Rule, it's most likely that action will be taken. At least when it's me.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote