Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Kink and Education

Old 02-13-2024, 08:15 AM   #1
maccas

Default Tedious punishments

I recently tried it out with a domme, in the end it wasn't a good fit for me and or i am not ready for the lifestyle right now.

Part of the problem was punishments. I understand the need and the purpose of punishments, however do you think they should still be 'enjoyable' to an extent.

For example i was made to lick my dirty shoe for 5 minutes. I understand the punishment and it was relevant to what i had done, but by the 2 minute mark i was just bored. Same with line writing, i started and it was just boring to me.

Is it more of an aquired taste, or is the point of the punishment for you to not get anyting from it at all? Maybe it is a preference thing. Or maybe thats more of a lifestyle domme thing where it isnt necersarily sexual.

I havent really left an easy question, but what is everyones thoughts on the matter, should punishments be enjoyable to an extent/not boring or should punishments just be something you dont want to do?

I work as a 'chef' at everyones favourite fast food place, McDonalds!

Dislikes: CEI, Pain, Bladder Control

Limits: Messy, Illegal, Involving Others, Scat, Permanent

KIK: macmaccas
maccas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 10:21 PM   #2
alex_af1996
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccas View Post
I recently tried it out with a domme, in the end it wasn't a good fit for me and or i am not ready for the lifestyle right now.

Part of the problem was punishments. I understand the need and the purpose of punishments, however do you think they should still be 'enjoyable' to an extent.

For example i was made to lick my dirty shoe for 5 minutes. I understand the punishment and it was relevant to what i had done, but by the 2 minute mark i was just bored. Same with line writing, i started and it was just boring to me.

Is it more of an aquired taste, or is the point of the punishment for you to not get anyting from it at all? Maybe it is a preference thing. Or maybe thats more of a lifestyle domme thing where it isnt necersarily sexual.

I havent really left an easy question, but what is everyones thoughts on the matter, should punishments be enjoyable to an extent/not boring or should punishments just be something you dont want to do?
Depending on the domme but punishments should be something you don’t want to do again so you won’t slip up again but in saying that some punishments should be rewarding for your domme to see

Soft limitsiss play, humiliation, sissy (want to explore)
Hard Limits: scat, piss drinking, extreme pain, blood

My AMA https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=373282
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=425350

I own 3 butt plugs

Email me at [email protected]
alex_af1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 04:33 AM   #3
DeathMetalJoshy

Not every dynamic needs punishments. Sometimes people get so wrapped up in the examples of BDSM/Kink relationships available online and in the media, that they don't necessarily take the time to examine their personal interests.

I have spent time as a submissive, dominant, top and bottom and I find personally punishments are of no interest to me as a dominant, though I can find some release in them as a submissive.

If my submissive/bottom disappoints me, I have a discussion with them, no punishment. I just don't personally find punishments constructive or valuable to me.

But, please don't take any of this as gospel. It's definitely worth evaluating a kink relationship in a similar way to any healthy relationship; review your interests and intentions, compare them to your intended partners and discuss your compatibility and potential. If you can compromise or things fit well, then excellent, if not, it's fine just to keep things more casual or explore other commitments.
DeathMetalJoshy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk